Speakers & Money

DrFish96

To all,

These are two of my favorite subjects. However I am serious about this. Recently someone posted that they wanted a KV-4 Center speaker. Well they had one very quickly. I am also looking for two certain types of Klipsch center speakers. I have lost out to a few on ebay for one reason or another.

1) KLF-C7 ( lt. oak, med oak ) Excellent condition.

I am offering up tp $450.00 plus shipping to get one.

2) KV-4 ( only came in black ) Excellent condition

I am slao offering up to $450.00 plus shipping to get one.

I am much more interested in #1 over #2 but who knows.

If anyone is willing to part with one of these, please email me with a few pictures and how much you want for it and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Peter Carter

Ebay-Nick97 ( check me out if you want )

Peter,

A Heresy 1.0 with a modified crossover is the only thing that will match la Scalas sonically. I started with a KLF-C7. I liked it, but the tonal match wasn't close.

Sounds like a good suggestion. You can get a pair of Heresy's for $450 or less, not to mention you can get them in birch which would exactly match your La Scalas.

I'm suprised by the amounts people are willing to pay for a single center channel like the Academy. Sure they are nice center channels (for a center channel), but to pay up to $600 for ONE seems a bit crazy to me. Do they realize that comes out to $1200 if they bought a pair? What kind of speakers can you buy for $1200 a pair? It wouldn't be too hard to find La Scalas for 1200 a pair, or even less. I don't think anyone would suggest that an Academy could hold a candle to a La Scala. Now, with that said, have you considered buying a single La Scala instead? You can probably get one for $450, if not just a little more.

Peter,

A Heresy 1.0 with a modified crossover is the only thing that will match la Scalas sonically. I started with a KLF-C7. I liked it, but the tonal match wasn't close.

Sounds like a good suggestion. You can get a pair of Heresy's for $450 or less, not to mention you can get them in birch which would exactly match your La Scalas.

I'm suprised by the amounts people are willing to pay for a single center channel like the Academy. Sure they are nice center channels (for a center channel), but to pay up to $600 for ONE seems a bit crazy to me. Do they realize that comes out to $1200 if they bought a pair? What kind of speakers can you buy for $1200 a pair? It wouldn't be too hard to find La Scalas for 1200 a pair, or even less. I don't think anyone would suggest that an Academy could hold a candle to a La Scala. Now, with that said, have you considered buying a single La Scala instead? You can probably get one for $450, if not just a little more.

all true, and I agree, but not everyone wants a huge box under/over their TV. It's all about personal preference. And if the dedicated center speakers are the only thing that will fit/work for these people, then there's your market and why they cost what they cost.

Peter,

John is correct on this one for sure. The reason I would sell my C7 is no matter what you do it just doesn't timbre match my Lascalas. Besides I rarely listen to multi channel anything these days.

Craig

Peter,

all true, and I agree, but not everyone wants a huge box under/over their TV. It's all about personal preference. And if the dedicated center speakers are the only thing that will fit/work for these people, then there's your market and why they cost what they cost.

actually a KLF-C7 is a pretty big box! The Heresy is bigger but really not all that much.

Hey guys,

These are all the best ways to go but my plasma is hanging over the fireplace. There is not room for a heresy or a single La Scala. I wish there was. I have a pretty good size mantle that will fir one of the speakers that I am after.

Thanks

Peter

Any chance of changing your room configuration ? A La Scala center will be dramaticaly better than the centers you are looking at .

As an alternative to your option #1, have you considered an Academy in OO finish. Your already in the price range for one, so IMHO, you should seriously consider the Academy as your prime target over your current #1 option.

Just a thought.......

Alright-Someone somewhere must know someone who has one of these center speakers for sale. I will add one to the list.

Academy in oak - great condition $500 plus shipping.

I am willing to offer more for either of the other two also. Please email me if you have one for sale.

Thanks

Peter Carter

KLF-C7 works well for me with four CW's, no not a perfect match, but with Kstack xover, it sings! Pretty full range too, although I run it as 'small'. At least it's shaped like a center channel box and is shielded.

Heresy, although a more perfect sonic match is too deep, unshielded (although this can be corrected) but if you lie it down the horn dispersion is wrong so getting it positioned is difficult in come circumstances.

I have no experience with Academy.

Michael