Steelers vs. Bengals!

ranjith

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not quite sure how I missed this topic!

In any event, yes it looks like round 3! If the real Carson Palmer shows up it could be difficult game, the shoot out and performance that he gave Payton Manning and Indy for was something I have never seen. As we all know, the Steelers do not play well in shoot outs.

I did not get a chance to see last weeks game against Detroit, but from the highlights and what I've heard, our defense did not look on par. If it wasn't for (I cannot believe I am saying this) our Special Teams, we would have lost the game.

If the Steelers Defense can get to Carson (and they will), we will be able to contian him and C.Johnson. The past two games against Cincy, this year, the Steelers only had 2 sacks total, 1 a game. Porter and Foote are due for big games!

Bengals first appearance in the Playoffs in 15 years, Steelers have been there 10 times since. The last time Cincy was in the playoffs, Boomer Esiason was your quarterback! The Steelers could possibly be the best 11-5 team to be in the playoffs ever, not to mention that Cincy has home field first round and are STILL 3 point DOGS!!

To all Cincy fans, ride the wagon and enjoy it while you can, as it won't last long!

[:D] STEELERS WIN steelers win steelers win !!! [:D]

I feel so bad that Palmer is probably out until training camp for next season. Kitna seemed to be playing pretty good in the first half but WOW did the steelers D ever comeback strong. Good to see Big Ben have a stellar game offensively, and the RBs as well. sooooooo colts next eh, will be interesting. GO STEELERS!

Sorry, I am a Steeler fan, but I think the Colts will dominate the Steelers.

And I am a Redskin fan too, but think they'll meet their match in Seattle. Sorry Gary.

My predictions FWIW:

Colts and Pats in the AFC Championship game. Bears and Seahawks in the NFC game.

Seahawks and Pats in Detroit

I don't personally think Kimo took Carson out intentionally. I obviously think it's terribly unfortunate that it happened. Carson's season ended last year when he again, got his knee plowed into.

I think the reality of the game would have been HUGELY different had that misfortune not happened. Steelers might have still won of course, but I think the score, excitement, competition of the game would have been on a much higher level with Palmer in there instead of Kitna. I think most fans felt a terrible blow when that happened.

It's particularly gut wrenching for life long Bengals fans to be the laughing stock of the league for 15 years and then after FINALLY winning the division and starting the process of garnering some respect, to have this happen to the #1 player on the team. The instant it happened I presumed the game was lost. Had Kitna somehow pulled out a win, there is zero doubt in my mind that the win was because of them trying harder "for Palmer"... and then the following week, they would have blown up.

I don't mind per se' that the Bengals lost... I just wish it would have been their "A" team and not under the circumstances it was. After 15 years of futility, they spent the entire season earning the right to be in the game and the 2nd dang play...it all went up in smoke.

Well, the reason the Steelers have their logo on only one side of the helmet is because in 1962 when they got their logo they weren't so sure it looked good on their gold (back then, but now its all black) helmets. So they had it only on one side. That year they went on to finish 9-5 and be the winningest team in franchise history. It was also the first year they made post-season that year, to do something special for that occassion they changed the color of their helmets to all black. Combined with the success of the season and the attention that the unique one-sided logo helmets received, it has been left that way.

I hope the Steelers can pull off an incredible game against the Colts!

Looking for comments? Was the hit to the knee cheap?

Yes.

But what goes around comes around.

Just wait and see.

Yes it has come around. What about the cheap hit put on Rothlesburgher that took him out for 5 weeks? Or as the Bungles coach put it "crying". The teams in the division were all OK with it then.

Sorry, I am a Steeler fan, but I think the Colts will dominate the Steelers.

And I am a Redskin fan too, but think they'll meet their match in Seattle. Sorry Gary.

My predictions FWIW:

Colts and Pats in the AFC Championship game. Bears and Seahawks in the NFC game.

Seahawks and Pats in Detroit

I love you man!