RIP Richard Pryor ~ Apparent Heart Attack.

m00n

He was VERY funny. Ill never forget the first time I saw a young skinny RP on Ed Sullivan doing his impression of the first man on the sun.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If only he was as happy as he was funny. He seemed to have come to terms with life recently, notwithstanding MS and accidental self-immolation. He even had a sense of humor about his fiery accident, which he attributed to dunking a cookie in a mixture of whole milk and 2%, which then exploded in his face.

Sad news indeed. I had a double album years ago of a live performance of his (not the sunset strip one - before his accident) that was one of the rudest and funniest things I ever heard. Eddie Murphy and the gang are just pale copies of the original IMHO.

Sad news indeed. I had a double album years ago of a live performance of his (not the sunset strip one - before his accident) that was one of the rudest and funniest things I ever heard. Eddie Murphy and the gang are just pale copies of the original IMHO.

Agreed! I grew up listening to Raw and Delerious...seeing Pryor for the first time was a revelation.

"Where's Tupelo, right below one below" Danny

I still use that at work...still gets a chuckle out of a lot of them.

From Bicentennial Ni-g-g-e-r (paraphrasing)

"We are gathered here today....to celebrate 200 years of white folk kickin' a$$."

"Seems we had a lil' trouble with the baptismal last Sunday...

Seemed three or four people drowned.

I didn't know they had Asthma.

I thought the bubbles was from the spit!"