Gotta brag on the wife

Tom Adams

This past weekend we were in town to do some shopping and my wife asked if we could stop at Audio Warehouse. I said sure and asked why. She said that we ought to buy a VHS machine for the HT instead of moving the one in the den. We get in there and she tells me that the real reason is that she wants to get me part of my Christmas present (in addition to the VHS unit). I ask what that is and she says, "Tell him Mark what he's getting for the HT." Mark says, "She's giving you a Denon 3910." I just about crapped my pants. But wait......that's not all.

After Audio Warehouse, she says, "HEY! Turn in here!" Puzzled, I pull into the Lane Home Furnishings parking lot. "What gives?" I ask. She says, "Oh....I just wanna take a look at something." We go inside and she tells me that she's gonna order the second part of my Christmas present. TWO ROWS OF HT SEATS!! These things in burgundy:

http://www.lanefurniture.com/products/ProdInfoDet.asp?MasterNo=12690

Oh - and she informs me that she took advantage of a 70% off sale at Michael's to have some movie posters framed.

I am so not worthy.

Tom

Tom

I am so not worthy.

Tom

Tom

Hey, Tom-Tom! [;)] What are you doing right?

Beats the crap outta me. I realize that both of us will be able to enjoy this items, but the mere fact that we weren't gonna be able to purchase them until next year and she somehow got the funds together to buy them now is just amazing (I still think she's printing money).

Tom

I guess that my wife is pretty rockin as well. She agreed that the new amp and preamp for the theater would be our christmas present for this year. She enjoys it as much as I do. So kudos to all of our understanding wives. Tom you got very lucky as well. Enjoy your new christmas gifts. We hook-up ours next Sat.

Jeff

She's aping for a diamond!!!

Watch out!!!

LOL

Actually.....there IS something she's wanting and will get (albeit it next year). And it's something more precious than a diamond. I'd tell you guys, but fear I'll spoil the magic by speaking about it too soon.

Oh.....and FWIW, not only am I good in bed, but I also have a wart on my tongue. LMAO.........

Tom

Oh, until you said that, Tom...I though maybe she smashed her car up and was going to break it to you "gently" after you bought all your stuff. LOL! [;)]

I too, have a wonderful wife such as yours. We chose everything for our room together and it makes the end result much more meaningful for the two of us.

Your wife is a precious gem, Tom. Hang on tight to that girl!

Nope - she ain't got no sisters. Sorry.

But I'll tell you what guys....yeah, it's cool that she enjoys audio & stuff, but what I appreciate about her the most is the level of effort she's gone through over the past year in helping me deal both physically and mentally with my prostate cancer and the radiation. In the beginning she was all over the internet researching the subject and it was just recently that I learned about her participation in forums on the subject. One thing interesting about radiation therapy is that it just about kills off all testosterone. The result of that is the equivalent of menapause. There were days that I would feel like crying for absolutely no reason or fall asleep in meetings (I've never done that) or not be able to concentrate on something. The worst is being unhappy or miserable and having little things just setting me off in a major way to the point where you almost hate yourself. Fortunately, armed with lots of knowledge, she stuck it out and waited for me to "break" and ask for help. She told me that plenty of times she wanted to give up, but knew that she just needed to keep applying firm pressure. And it wasn't until I reached that point and got some help (in the way of Welbutrin) from my Oncologist & primary Doctor that I found out she had been seeing counselors and my Oncologist in order to deal with me.

Yeah....the superfluous is nice, but I'd rather live in a trailer with a Bose system than in my house and great HT without her.

Toom

That's GREAT... those seats look perfect... your HT will rock.

Yeah....the superfluous is nice, but I'd rather

live in a trailer with a Bose system than in my house and great HT

without her.

For those who missed that... Tom Tom (Toom for short) doesn't

just have a great wife... with statements like that, he "earned" her.[:)]

ROb

Way to go Thomas! I feel your pain all to well with the Radiation. Together with Chemo...(my case) it was pure hell! Glad you have made it through just fine & I wish for a healthy remainder for both of us :)

If I ever make it down that way I'll let you know! Would love to check out that pad in person lol.