Your first Forum Post

colterphoto1

Well, this was the first one for me, If I had only known what I was going to get into.........[:P]

I am looking hard at picking up a set of 85 forte speakers. The

published specs say 8 ohm but the connector block on the speaker says 4

ohm. I would tend to trust the speaker info over published specs but

whats up? Did they make both?

I

am just getting back into high end audio after a twenty something years

absence. It was 1977 when I first heard a set of Klipsch horns. The

$2000 each was too steep for a lowly soldier in this mans army. Anyway

I bought a Yamaha CA 600 amp, CT400 tuner, B&O 1900 turntable,

Tandberg 3500x and Yamaha NS600 speakers. All in all, quite a kickin

system in 1977. Fast forward to today. I still have everything but the

speakers (they were stolen in shipment) I have been playing with the

idea of buying a tube amp as my dream system was a Mac 225, Klipsch

horns and a Mac pre-amp. Well, I found a deal on a Sonic Frontiers

Power 1 tube amp that I just couldnt pass up. Quad kt88s @55wpc

All

that to say, Hello and what is up with the forte impedance ratings? The

amp can be adjusted to a 4-ohm load but it takes a soldering iron to do

it and I would rather not change things on the amp if I didnt need to.

Thanks for your time in reading this and the answers I anticipate.

Ps, any comments on how the fortes sound compaired to the JBLs would be nice to have.

I had quite a few posts before this, but when the original website was moved to version 2 (we are now on version 3) my posts disappeared...

Re: Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System (patent pending)

Not begin a regular poster to this topic, being an old guy of 45 with La Scalas and all, I still have to point out that Hofy screwed up. Everybody knows speakers sound better on inert stands. He should have duct taped cinder blocks to the wall, THEN taped the ProMedias TO the cinder blocks. Just a helpful hint from an old fart.
Posted in ProMedia 4.1 by Ray Garrison on 03-29-2000

Dear God Micheal...

are you not secure enough with my 'current' displays of ignoranace, Now you want me to reach back into history to show you some more? [:$]

ok, here goes....

Re:The Perfect Heritage Starter System

Though I have owned a klipsch sub for over ten years and have enjoyed a buddy's K'horns, I consider myself pretty new to Klipsch.

I recently had to replace my lightning damaged computer speakers and picked up a new ProMedia 2.1 system for real cheap . . . WOW! little babies ROCK pretty hard ... I actually enjoyed listening to them for about 2 hrs with my mouth hanging open, they are THAT much better then the sorry harmon/kardon setup that came with the dell.

Well, it wasn't more then a couple days before I started eye balling the little polk bookshelf monitors and center channel in the living room . . . (small, maybe 12 x 14)

While I really would have loved to pull the trigger on a nice pair of Chorus II's that I looked at but space, and my wife, wouldn't really alow that.

I instead bought a new pair of RB-35 and an RC-25 . . . I'm sure there are plenty of folks who wouldn't consider my sony str de-965 but the new speakers totally tranformed the entire listening experiance . . . INCREDIBLE!

Posted in
2-Channel Audio by Petrol on 06-16-2005

And there it is.....

Hey Scooter, you had a good one! Neat idea...

First off, is your sub sitting on carpet? Since this is a down firing sub the carpet may muffle and disrupt
the output of it. I had a similar problem. I went to home depot and bought a 24"x24"1/4" piece of marble tile and place the sub on this, I had put the sub in a corner as well...Wow what a difference! I get exceptional smoothness now and can feel the Low frequencies bass in my soul. I also keep my sub input level set to 12 noon and I have about a 4db boost from my amp for the sub. Anyway hope this helps

Scooterdog

I started here in 8/29/2000 - but this is the first Post I could find.........according to the search engine.

Re: Disgusted with Indy Klipsch dealers BobG

icon_toolbar_left.gifReplyicon_toolbar_right.gif icon_toolbar_left.gifQuoteicon_toolbar_right.gificon_toolbar_left.gifEditicon_toolbar_right.gif

spacer.gif

Visited the Indy Ovation, on 82nd street today, heard the SB-2. Salesman was a little snooty, but not bad. Price was right in dealer specs, no deal there. Clean nice store.
As many Ovation stores there are in Indy, I'd think you'd find one that would work.
I live in Terre Haute,IN you want a nightmare, come down to Audio Connection for a real weird scene!

------------------
wh

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped right in "preaching" about bass... nothing worse than a know it all noob. [8-|]

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/179416/ShowPost.aspx

BTW - I predict that sometime in 2004, I will get

a free pair of Khorns and by 2005 I will be running 3 different systems

with various tube amps/preamps, spend almost a month's salary on a

turntable, take 2 hour lunch breaks to scour thrift shops for used

vinyl, own over 500 jazz albums and become another victim of the money

sucking, time consuming, loon-filled Klipsch forum.

Gary's edit noted... [;)] If I recall, I was

only up to my second set of Klipsch at the time. How far we have

all come.

ROb

Re: Expert Advice From the Subwoofer Officiando

"or how bout a custom built 36inch sub [;)] don't believe they exist? go to disney world :D or how bout a wall full of 8 inch subs, built for massive frequency response (like 100 8 inch subs...running only 25 watts in each is like a 2500 watt system) [;)] why stop there? why not have an entire house where the walls/floors/cielings are coated with em? that'd go well with a nice new cheese slicer"

hmmm, I don't think that's my first post either...but funny I remember posting it (and I still to this day wanna make the entire wall one giant subwoofer, lol)

My first post was pretty boring, something abuyt new SCAD players

coming out. But here's the very first mention of The Twins:

"Hey it's Friday night and tonight this joint feels like it's Monday

morning after a three week bender. Sure, anyone with half a brain is

outside in the real world somewhere not hanging out in virtual land on

TGIF in the middle of summer.

It's their loss. Let's have a paaaaaaaaaaarrrtteee!

Ah, but who will provide the music.

Ok.

I'm bringing a sixer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, the Carlucci twins (the one

on the left of my arm is named Tawny, the on the other side is named

Tickles, and for the music I'm packing a little of The Boss, a dose of

Eric Clapton and a whole lotta Hendrix.

Look, guys if you want the girls to stick around we're going to need more music. What are you bringing to the bash?"

On the day I registered, my very first post on these Klipsch Forums was a response to tpg's question concerning inexpensive tube amps to consider:

"If you do a search on Antique Sound Labs, look up the WAVE AV8 Monoblock's. Each tube amp is 10 watts into 8 ohms, each uses a pair of ECL82 tubes and two transformers (one for mains, one for output), each has a solid-state rectifier, and they're only $99 each, last I heard. For $119 each, you can buy the WAVE Covered...same amps but with tube covers and detachable power cords. I don't recall the specs on your KG-2.5, but if you're eventually building your own loudspeakers, then you can match them up. I've been told from a man in Belle Glade, FL who owns a pair of AV8's that my vintage Cornwalls would be a good matchup for them. Any loudspeaker, whether they be horns or single-driver Lowthers, that has a 92dB or better efficiency rating, should work fine with these little amps (5"H x 6"W x 10"D). I found the website: www.tubehifi.com. Good luck."

I was a regular know-it-all even back then![H]