So is this new softare flakier than the old one or what?

maxg

I mean - up and down like a Jack in a box.

And to cap it all my portable is playing up and over-heating (I guess - well anyway any time I ask it to do any real work it crashes).

And this is the replacement portable for the one I had that wouldn't play ball so I threw a wooden toy brick at it and busted the screen. You would think the new one would take that kind of message on board now wouldnt you!!!

The old one is now using the TV as a screen - which aint great at 800 * 600 res on a 32 inch TV but what can you do?

Better stop there before this thing crashes again.

Are you talking about your pc's? Now that I have XP it seams more stable and I haven't had much trouble yet (knock, knock). Apple ofcourse reigns in every category. I can get very angry with machines or objects too. Sometimes they really need to be punished, why don't they listen? They have no reason to obstruct my life! IOW, every time I bust my head on an cupboard door, my knuckles hurt more! [:@]

Apple ofcourse reigns in every category. I can get very angry with machines or objects too.

We have had more than one Apple come in DOA. I guess when it reigns in pours. [:P]

They are no more reliable than any other machine. The OS is not any

faster or better at helping you get tasks done. Mind you, I don't

consider MS to be my friend, but they both have their quirks.

Max,

Make sure you aren't blocking the air intake for the fan on the laptop, or that it hasn't sucked in a bunch of dust and lint.

Bruce

Just to be clear - I am talking about both. The forum's up and my computer's down - the forum's down and my computer is up.

Drives a man mad!!!

Aside from that - this new forum software aint reliable - or the server aint reliable or something.

I had problems posting both last night and today. I tried from home and from work so it ain't the computer. Also, is that a new error message from the forum software I'm seeing?

A couple times I wrote pretty long posts too since it worked about 5 minutes before. I hate when that happens.[:@] Something to do with Vinyl vs CD vs Ipod. Did you guys ever get that straigtened out?[;)]