2002 model KLIPSCHORNS INSIDE PHOTOS!!!!

Super_BQ

There is some incorrect information on the site:

1) The reason Klipsch stopped making Heritage for a while is because Electrovoice quit making the K-55-M and K-77-M. It had nothing to do with Pyle or an "affair" -- don't know where you came up with that one - you might want to enlighten us.

2) The caps in the network are metallized polyester. If the soldering looks suspect you should check all the joints with a multimeter.

3) The network is the AK-4, not the ALK4. Al may or may not be flattered by that.

Hi Dean,

From my experience, i'm pretty sure these are polypropylenes, at least metallised polypropylenes. They're not the expensive kinds like Hovlands Musicaps, Auricaps, or InfiniCaps who's to say that paying a premium for exotic brands makes that much of an improvement in the speaker network?

ALK4 has been corrected to AK4 on the website.

BQ

PLAIN or SPICY? - that is the choice (as in all things in life).

The simple answer is that most people "settle".

They don't optimize, they don't modify, they are satisfied with what someone else says they should have.

Others with a technical bent tend to optimize and tweak for enhanced performance at various levels.

People who are motivated, interested, or otherwise "involved" on other levels tend to NOT settle for the status quo.

Owning Klipschorns are just like owning a Harley... the platform is there for any number of modifications and "individualization".

DM

• 3 years later...

KHorn11.jpg

The problem with this set up is aesthetically. That is to say, all that crapola on the floor is an eyesore. Having anything between your speakers is probably THE MOST COMMON MISTAKE that audiophiles make. Do you know why they do it? Maybe I am talking about you so listen up! They do it because it keeps the speaker wire out of the way so you don't trip on it. Who cares about it ruining the imaging? With those nice K-horns the sound would be good that's true but gee there is so much that could be done with the room. What's with the couch cover? Why would anyone want to watch movies while listening to K-horns? I don't get it. So close but so far.

Is that lens distortion? Or is the room not perfectly square or rectangle?

I'll tell you what I do find distracting, and that's the big white projection screen. My current one is a pulldown. My next screen will be fixed, but I'll rig a curtain or something so that it doesn't irritate me when I'm listening to music...

BTW Batman's Robin, for those that seem to have trouble hitting you with their pot-shots, I thought I'd make it a little easier for them. They can't miss you now! LOL!

post-15368-1381944687392_thumb.jpg