Too much audio gear and some needs to go!

boomac

Michael,

Sorry to get to them before you. I got to thinking about them and checked out their size on the Klipsch site. They will fit perfect on my built in cabinets. Once I get my 7.1 system set up they will look great on the cabinet as center rears between my two OO forte II's. In the mean time they will pull rear surround in my 5.1 system and free up a Forte II for front center. The price was good and I couldn't resist. I'll send you some pictures later if you like. I'm still going to look for some more Forte II's or at least one more but I'm not in as much of a hurry now. Planning on a 7.1 with 5 forte II's and 2 quartets.

Keith

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig, he's got plenty of speakers but does he have a 299 to make them sing?[:D]

No worries Michael and no offense was taken. I was just worried that I might have misunderstood or screwed up in some way. I did learn that although I receive an e-mail message from someone via the Forum, I can't reply to them directly from that message.

Yes, I think I keep trying that as well. Is it that they can pick it up only as email or is it just a notification to the reader that there is a PM awaiting? I've probably been doing this wrong cause I open email's first in the am, respond, then just click off the PM's in the FOrum when I get there.

Again, no harm on the Quartets. I haven't the room anyway LOL

Oh, and thanks for the offer on the Scott 299, but (ducking for cover) I understand that for REAL ROCKERS, tubes just don't cut it! I'm a solid state kind of guy.

Michael

UPDATE:

Klipsch Quartets in oiled oak - SOLD
Klipsch Heresys in oiled walnut - SOLD

Klipsch RC-3 II Center Channel Speaker - (mint with minimal hours - will be shipped in original box)

Scott 299 Intigrated Amp NosValves rebuild

Tandberg 2045 Receiver - ON HOLD

Sony SCD-C222ES SACD Changer

Pro-Ject 1.2 Turntable with Sumiko Oyster Cartridge

NosValves VRDs - Both holds are off so if you're interestes - shoot me an e-mail!

I also have an older NAD Receiver that is not being used. There might be a problem with the tuner section but everything else seems ok. It sold for over $500 in the 80s but it can be yours for ???! (The NAD Receiver is a Model 7155)

I understand that for REAL ROCKERS, tubes just don't cut it! I'm a solid state kind of guy.

Michael

I really doubt you'd still believe this if you ever heard a nice pair of monos in your living room powering your CW's. I bet you'd be utterly amazed at the detail and clarity. Then again, maybe not.

Oh well, whatever your fancy, be it solid state or tube rectified, we can both agree on four words. Long live Heritage Klipsch!

Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year to you colter.

Colter -

Have you heard a JM pre coupled with NosValves VRD's? I'll tell you what - that setup was enough to SHRED any idea that tube amps do not have enough "oomph" and bass response. Not just tight bass, but mids and highs that are oh so clear and transparent.....

So for "real rockers", tubes ARE an option - they are just a little more expensive to do well vs SS.

I came to this forum with that opinion (SS for Rock), and had that opinion shredded by proof, courtesy of the various members of this forum.

I thought that comment might draw a couple of you out. I wonder if there's anyone in Indy who has BOTH for A/B comparison. What we heard at the Hope Gathering sounded nice, but lacking in bass. However those were less than optimal listening conditions. So I have heard VRD's into Heresy and Scott 299 into Cornwall.

Michael

I thought that comment might draw a couple of you out. I wonder if there's anyone in Indy who has BOTH for A/B comparison. What we heard at the Hope Gathering sounded nice, but lacking in bass. However those were less than optimal listening conditions. So I have heard VRD's into Heresy and Scott 299 into Cornwall.

Michael

Who had VRD's at Hope?

Craig

Michael

colter, the great thing about a decent tube amp is that it sounds equally good at both high and low volume levels.

Hey, whatever floats your boat!

Sorry to hijack your thread Scott

Michael

colter, the great thing about a decent tube amp is that it sounds equally good at both high and low volume levels.

I'll continue the hijack.[;)]

VRDs + Khorns with Dean's latest + BB Xtreme/Cream = more power then you'll ever need for any kind of music!

Michael

VRDs + Khorns with Dean's latest + BB Xtreme/Cream = more power then you'll ever need for any kind of music!

MOre power, me needs more power[:P]

Michael

No you really don't[;)] But none the less its on its way slowly but surely.

Craig

UPDATE:

Klipsch Quartets in oiled oak -
SOLD
Klipsch Heresys in oiled walnut - SOLD<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Klipsch RC-3 II Center Channel Speaker - (mint with minimal hours - will be shipped in original box) Will go on Audiogon <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />12/20/05

Scott 299 Intigrated Amp NosValves rebuild. Auri Caps! Will go on Audiogon or eBay 12/20/05

Tandberg 2045 Receiver Excellent receive for Klipsch Speakers. Will go on Audiogon or eBay 12/20/05

Sony SCD-C222ES SACD Changer Excellent condition with manual. Will go on Audiogon or eBay 12/20/05

Pro-Ject 1.2 Turntable with Sumiko Oyster Cartridge

NosValves VRDs -
Both holds are off so if you're interested - shoot me an e-mail!

I also have an older NAD Receiver that is not being used. There might be a problem with the tuner section but everything else seems ok. It sold for over $500 in the 80s but it can be yours for ???! (The NAD Receiver is a Model 7155)

Michael

Even with the lowly Cornwall in your equation he'll have more than enough power

Michael

No you really don't[;)] But none the less its on its way slowly but surely.

Craig

What is?

UPDATE:

Klipsch Quartets in oiled oak - SOLD
Klipsch Heresys in oiled walnut - SOLD<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Klipsch RC-3 II Center Channel Speaker - (mint with minimal hours - will be shipped in original box) $125.00

Scott 299 Intigrated Amp NosValves rebuild. Auri Caps! On hold @ $450.00

Tandberg 2045 Receiver Excellent receive for Klipsch Speakers. $150.00

Sony SCD-C222ES SACD Changer Ex condition with manual SOLD
Pro-Ject 1.2 Turntable with Sumiko Oyster Cartridge SOLD

NosValves VRDs -
All holds are off so if you're interested - shoot me an e-mail!

NAD 7155 Receiver - Could use a cleaning but functions well - $75.00

All items will go on Audiogon or eBay by 8PM Central 12/21/05