New equipment rack, what do you think??

Orange Peel

Thanks for the compliments, the sound didn't change so the glass doesn't effect anything. So far everything is working out great, it wasn't very much fun unplugging all my cables and re-running them though [:(] What a PIA!

I have no where else to put it, some of the cables are at the max for length, so I would need new cables and then you would be able to see them if the rack was on the opposite side of the RF-7, etc. So it has to be where it is [;)]

Thanks for all the compliments! Someone told me the glass for this unit is rated to 50lbs, but my 1095 is more than that, but I put it on the bottom shelf as the intructions say (heaviest equipment on bottom). It's doing fine, no signs of stress, another friend said these glass shelves are good to 75 lbs, but just be careful. It's tempered glass and pretty thick. The bottom shelf has 4 points of contact with the rack itself, so it has the most support.

All in all it's awesome, now I just need to get the idea of upgrading gear out of my head, damn Aragon products keep whispering in my ear [:D]

Very nice....very nice indeed! [:)]

As for the load the glass will take, I suspect that 50lb rating is for a point load at or near the center. Since the "feet" of your gear is closer to the edges of the shelf, and thererfore closer to the shelf supports, you should be able to exceed that 50lb rating with no issues because the load is not only being distributed (non-point soucre), but is also being taken out through the supports and side stanchions. Sorry - stress engineer in me coming out. [8-|]

One suggestion though would be to use some of that plastic split wire loom stuff you can get from Radio Shack to dress up the wiring a bit. The black loom would blend in to that perforated black panel and make the wires "disappear". Just a thought.........

Tom

Very nice rack. I have liked the Bell'o racks, and have one myself. (See my avatar). I think the glass is alot stronger than the 50 lb limit. I have a 32 in CRT on my stand plus the RC7 on the 2nd glass shelf. I always dread the day I come home and find a pile of glass on my floor. But it has held up for about 5 months now. Bell'o products are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Well worth it..

Rotel looks great, Bello are nice costly. I hate to say it but I bought a rack at walmart for 50 bucks that looks almost identical. same shelves. perforated metal back. Although I would much have a Bello than a Walmarto. But I eventually ditched the shelve because I had it in the same spot as you and it always became a focal point. Had to buy longer wires the whole nine.

Loooks great and enjoy

Thanks guys! I'm kind of partial to the Rotel gear, I don't think I can pull myself to sell it [:'(] The rack is very sturdy, and heavy as hell, two things I wanted, and it's worth the $$ in my mind, my last rack wasn't so sturdy and heavy, and it freaked me out everyday I had to open it [:)]

I plan to hide the wires more, I just put it all together and snapped a pic, I will ziptie back there and make black conduit the wire too like suggested here, thanks!

I really like the look of your Bello rack. I would not worry about the glass... it is stronger then people think. The black with silver looks like it was made for your Rotel gear! [:D]

I really wanted to get a Bello rack as well but just could not find one "just right" so I ended up getting a Sanus Rack, TV Stand and speaker stands for my RB-75s. HiJacking your thread a bit... here is a picture:

52799190.jpg