• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look like at least a half dozen of us so far. It will be at my

place which is in Reston, Va near Dulles airport. I'm thinking

afternoon on into the evening. Either Saturday or Sunday. Al,

since you'll probably be coming the farthest what do you think would

work best for you, Saturday or Sunday.

Bring gear? Of course you can bring some stuff. I've got two setups so no waiting!

Come one, come all!

OK, when and where for the gathering?

I am in Burke Virginia, not that far from Reston...

I have business in Richmond on February 24 and 25, so I would vote for Sunday, Feb.26th.

Also, I have one of Al K's Cornwalls, purchased several years ago from a gentleman in Charlottesville.

This Cornwall is dark walnut and has one of Al K's address tags on the bottom near the riser.

I use this speaker as my center channel speaker in a home theatre setup.

I have some good British import vinyl that I can bring, to test Klipschs.

Finally, quite some time ago, probably 2+years ago, I exchanged e-mails with gary in md., over setup of my tonearm / cartridge (British Formula 4 tonearm with a Sonus Blue cartridge).

I can bring the turntable if someone can help me setup the cartridge / tonearm tracking!

The cartridge head shell in the tonearm has been moved a little with moves over the years, and needs some expert tuning! I have the Shure cartridge tracking pressure gauge, which can be carried along with the turntable.

Let's do it!

VaHorns (AKA Stew Deavers)

I'm definitely in on this one - still owe Gary some money, and am definitely wanting to meet the twins!

I've got some more rare and obscure Zappa vinyl I can bring - been

wanting to hear Zappa and the LSO on a pair of Klipschorns... oh wait -

the last time I played Zappa at a Klipsch gathering it cleared the room!

How's Saturday, March 3 1PM till whenever sound? You can get the

Saturday chores done in the AM and still leave Sunday open for doing

nice things with your significant other.

I think there may be some confusion on my equipment. I have a

pair of Cornwall 1's (circa 1974 with square metal squakers and with

BEC refreshed caps) on the main level and a pair of KG 5.2's (with

Dean's crossovers) and a pair of stock KG 3.5's for use in my

downstairs system(s).. I have a Marantz 8b and 7c combo you might want

to listen to for a song or two and then we can mount any other gear and

play any songs you might want to bring along.

Sorry no Khorns, so Al I don't think one of your trachorns would fit

the bill, which is a bummer because I'd like to experience what all the

positive buzz is about.

Va, I do have a Rega P3 turntable (and some mass market 70's TT's) so it

would probably be best to use that rather than try to dial in another

one. However, if you do need help dialing it in, by all means bring it

along and LarryC will work his magic on it.

Also Va, if you want to bring that Cornie along we can comapre it to one of my more stock cornies.

If enough people are too busy on Saturday we could always swtich it to Sunday.

So pipe up either by email, PM or here and I will firm this up later this week and send out mailing directions etc.

Looks like we're brewing up a nice gathering here. Can wait to see everybody

I'm sure The Twins will be excited too (er, ahum, as soon as I let them know, those ladies are walking landmines).

Isn't Saturday March 4? Anyway, I'll be there at 1, looking forward to meeting Al and everyone.

Va, you'll need to find out from Thebes if he has room to set up your TT if you bring it. If you do, I'll be happy to help with any adjustments necessary to your TT -- but I'd like Gary to bring his Shure cart alignment gauge. Bring any alignment tools you have for your TT or arm.

Larry

Directions have just been sent to those interested in attending.

As an added inducement (besides hanging out with The Twins) I'll have

box or two of records, a couple old Fisher drivers, and maybe one or

two other little goodies for people to root through and take away for

free!

If you don't have directions by tomorrow email me and I'll sned a new set out.

That's Saturday March 4, 1:00 PM

Come on come all!

Is anybody bringing anything special to the big day? If there is any interest I can drag along my Forte IIs or Heresies. I think I will leave the khorns at home. I also might have a pair of NOSValves modded MK IIIs by then. I am just as happy to not pack up and bring the bulky items if there is no interest.

I have never heard a single reference speaker. If anyone is up for bringing some I would sure like to hear em.

So what is the deal thebes? Do you want some extra gear to check out or do you have more then enough to overload our senses with?

I really like hearing what types of music other are interested in. I'd be willing to make a CD of various tracks that I dig that other might not have heard. If others wanted to do the same we could bring along multiple copies and exchange them. If anyone is interested let me know and I will make as many copies as needed.

Last year, I brought a long-discontinued CD with the favorite classical piece there, Saint-Saens's Marche Militaire Francaise. Since the CD's no longer available, I've just now learned how to burn a CD by copying it for Marty, so let me know if anyone else wants to share in the piracy.

Larry

I'm definitely in on this one - still owe Gary some money, and am definitely wanting to meet the twins!

If there was ever a doubt that I'd show, no need to worry now!!![;)]

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I think Rich and I will drive together since I'm right on his way.

Larry,

Could you send one to me? I am just starting out in classical and am still trying to figure out what I like. Would be more than happy to pay for your efforts and the shipping. BTW, I lived in No Va for 25 years before moving down to Fla. Wish I would have known about you guys then.

Mike

Last year, I brought a long-discontinued CD with the favorite classical piece there, Saint-Saens's Marche Militaire Francaise. Since the CD's no longer available, I've just now learned how to burn a CD by copying it for Marty, so let me know if anyone else wants to share in the piracy.

Larry

Arrggggghhhh matie, I'd shore fantasy a wee bit of that plunder <searching for pirate smiley> Yourh-a good buckaneer there Lawrence...Burn away!