June 16th and 17th

Michael, that's a bummer. I was hoping you would be coming. We'll crank a few Zep tunes on Friday night, in your honor.

Thanks man, and Trey- I know you guys tried.

It's just this career of mine. I go virtually unemployed all winter only to be booked every weekend in the summertime, holiday weekends doubly so. I miss all the fun. It's a choice I made a few years back, but it does SUCK!

M

• Moderators

Every job has some downfall, but your career is one that many people would love to have. about 30 years ago i wanted to do that.

Took some classes and about half way through found out how hard it is to get started on your own and the expense. Did do a few weddings and engagement photos it was fun but to make a living at it took a whole lot more. Ended up doing some for free for people who had hired a pro just to compare the end results, I did better than i thought i would ,but it's hard to break into that line of work without a rep. Wish i would have stuck it out .

You don't realize how lucky you are, good job, not 8 hours or more everyday, time off, good pay , you make many people happy with the end product, not even counting the bridesmaids and others you could meet ? [:D]

Like the song " don't worry be happy " and of course stay out of trouble, the hard part.

Do you guys have any idea how SICK it makes me to be missing the pilgrimage again this year? I even left two weekends open in June in hopes of hanging with y'all again....June 3 and June 10th, the two biggest wedding days of the year and I'm unemployed in hope of going to Hope again. DAMN! Cost me $8000 and I don't even get to see the show.

Maybe next year, sigh...

M

Michael: I am very sorry you will be missing everything this year, but you are not the only one missing out: We will all be missing out on being able to see you! You are such a huge contributor to this forum (usually the #1 poster) and I, for one, count you among my very favorites here. I will miss seeing you and I had wanted to introduce you to my wife, Verna; something I was unable to do last year when you visited our house (she was at work). Michael, Trey has said that I will be able to videotape the show with my Hi-Def video cam. If the footage turns out any good, I promise to send you a copy of the DVDs when I have finished editing them. They will be my gift to you for your sacrifice and also for being my friend. At least that way, you'll be able to enjoy the same show that we all are planning to see. I know it won't be the same, but at least it'll be something. -Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

How long of a drive is it from Little Rock?

I've been toying around with trying to make it and would either need to rent a car or if someone is already doing that, perhaps grab a seat (and share car expense).

What time Saturday do you anticipate it breaking up, in other words, should one plan to fly out on Saturday or stay over saturday night and leave Sunday?

about an hour and 45 minutes.

113 miles from LR.

When we gathered in Hope in Sep '05, most folks stayed over Saturday night. That made for an informal and leisurely visit over coffee and breakfast on Sunday morning.

in case I drive, any idea how long/far it is from Knoxville/Nashville or Memphis?

My hope would be to make it in one shot.

I've got to decide, first... can I do it (work/wife and also realize we're leaving next week to fly to San Diego to help sis in law move...then DRIVING back across the country JUST in time to get home and perhaps, drive back to Hope??)

So I'm not sure if I can go at all yet and if I can, if i'd rather save time & fly, or save some $$ and drive.

Maybe I could just have the wife drop me off there a week early and I can be a temp employee at the plant for a week... (would I still get my emp discount??)

[:D]

in case I drive, any idea how long/far it is from Knoxville/Nashville or Memphis?

It's a long and very boring drive between Hope and Memphis -- about 4.5 hrs. IIRC. I did that last summer, flying to Memphis and renting a car, and I don't want to do that again. This time, I'm flying to Little Rock, connecting through Memphis -- the Memphis-LR hop is only 48 min. or so on Northwest.

I'm scheduled to arrive in Little Rock at about 3:30 on June 15, and will be renting a car. Anyone is welcome to catch a ride. Especially since we're having a dinner Saturday evening, I'm staying overnight and leaving in time to catch an 11:39 a.m. flight out of LR. Feel free to catch a ride there, too.

Larry

The Sunday A.M. visit was an unwind time before hitting the road. I especially enjoyed the low-keyed last minute quality time. It was a little like hitting the snooze alarm, thinking, "Yeah, I just need a little more of this.", and doing it.

This time, I'm headed for a week-long English Advanced Placement inservice in Hot Springs that begins Monday (Sunday afternoon check-in), so I'll be drinking coffee with you again, Dee.

SSH