Superbowl Sundayyyyyyyy!!

ranjith

I feel for the Seahawk fans though, I really do. Regardless of the fact that I'm happy about being a Steeler fan, the officiating blew chunks. I mean, for example just look at the very recent games... Pats vs. Chargers, and Steelers vs. Colts.. some OBVIOUS calls were not made, or made wrong. NFL should do something about the quality of their officiating crew. I think they need to use the review booth more often as well.

Thanks man. Means a lot to hear this from a Steeler fan. Still not congratulating you though. Maybe some other day, but not today. The sucking wound still hurts too much[;)]

You know what F-that!

I have heard you Seattle fans complaining and crying for the past week! What were the bad call, the push off in the end zone for Seattle? Your nuts, that was a offensive pass interference call and it was the right call.

The Rothisburger touchdown, it was very close, IMO I did not think that it was a TD, but it was reviewed and did not show indisputable evidence to turn the call over. It was reviewed and the call was made.

The officals do suck, and they Steelers have seen it first hand throughout the playoffs. You rise above it, and continue to play hard. You don't cry because your team blew two field goals, and should have had two touchdowns but your recievers catch the ball out of bounds. You don't win games if you don't put up points.

At half time, I honestly believed that the Steelers were not going to hold on. Their big playmakers did not show up, Ben threw 2 picks and no TD's. Other players on our team stepped it up, and came through.

It was an exciting Super Bowl, Steelers played poorly, but put up points. Seattle played great but didn't put up the points.

Pittsburgh had to win their last 4 games to just get in as the 6th seed in the playoffs. Beat the number 1, 2, and 3 teams on the road. Analyst said that Jacksonville who didn't even make the playoffs were the most comparable team to Seattle. Pittsburgh was the only team as a 6th seed to make it to the AFC Championship, the only 6th seed to win the championship, and the only 6th seed to ever win a Super Bowl. Give some credit when credit is due.

Because your team failed to put up points, don't blame that on the officials.

I would have been the first to congratulate you on a clean win. But, if you read that link I posted you will see that fans from across the NFL are just as upset of not more than us hawk fans.

Look it's nothing personal between myself and you guys. I'm not upset with you.

I would have been the first to congratulate you on a clean win. But, if you read that link I posted you will see that fans from across the NFL are just as upset of not more than us hawk fans.

Look it's nothing personal between myself and you guys. I'm not upset with you.

And I did....

Because you found 1 post on the officiating on this game you will complain because you team failed to put up points. (as you have the past two weeks, on the media, having the 2nd best record and not getting any recognition, no fan support in Detroit...the list goes on....). Look at the stats it was a very close game.

Nothing against you, but I see a theme here. I am sure that your outlook would be different if the tables were turned, and Seattle would have won. Would mine, honestly...no. Why, because we (Steeler fans) have been seeing it for years! Commentators and analysts have always been against us. Not to mention that the Steelers played horrible the first half.

That was the most pathtic game in NFL hisory. Look at Big Ben's stats in tomorrow's paper; those stats do not win Super Bowls without major outside assistance.

This year's playoffs had way too many questionable calls. Die hard football fans are beginning to question the integrity of the game.

Bill

It has been long while since I've watched any NFL football.... without sensing a purpose to it, I realize I've become more of an appreciator of college football.

Anyway, I hadn't seen a game since they had the rules and capacity to review contested calls. It would seem that with the refs' ability to see the camera angles the viewer seems, that this should resolve most concerns.

Am I wrong here?

You know what F-that!

I have heard you Seattle fans complaining and crying for the past week! What were the bad call, the push off in the end zone for Seattle? Your nuts, that was a offensive pass interference call and it was the right call.

The Rothisburger touchdown, it was very close, IMO I did not think that it was a TD, but it was reviewed and did not show indisputable evidence to turn the call over. It was reviewed and the call was made.

I did stay for the entire game. It did get more exciting in the second half. But I have to agree with the above comments. Imho, that was clearly offensive pass interference in the end zone. Had the receiver not pushed off, he would have never been able to change direction to get into position to make the catch. It was the end of the play, a broken pass pattern and the QB had barely any idea where the receiver was.

Ben R. may not have crossed the plane of the goal by far, but there was not clear evidence from the very close camera shots to overturn that call.

With today's modern technology for replay and clear concise rules on the use of replay, teams have a better chance than ever to eliminate favoritism and human error in officiating.

Pittsburg played a superior game, with awesome defensive play selection and well executed 'gadget' plays.

Seattle simply blew quite a few key plays and entirely lost momentum, then ran out of time.

It was an enjoyable game to watch. I didn't think it terribly one sided officiating at all. I don't consider myself a big fan of either team, but I was rooting for the team that ousted my Colts.

Michael

I don't think the Roethlisberger TD was a bad call. From the replay, I thought that he probably did barely break the plane. There certainly was no evidence to overturn the call.

There were some really important bad calls that hurt Seattle.

- Jackson should have had a TD. That was not offensive pass interference.

- Phantom holding call on the completion to Stevens at the one. This was so huge.

- Hasselbeck getting penalized on his tackle after the interception. Rediculous. Gave Pittsburgh great field position leading to their gadget play TD.

- Giving Roethlisberger the timeout after the play clock had expired. Pittsburgh gets a 3rd and 6 instead of 3rd and 11. On the next play, they gain 6 1/2 yards and a first down.

Super Bowl XL MVP

Bad officiating has always been highlighted when ones beloved team loses in most cases. If Pittsburgh had lost to Indy, thousands would've instantly pin-pointed the numerous BS calls the refs made. I agree that Ben's stats weren't impressive by any stretch of imagination, but its a team game. He wasn't going to win it for the Steelers single handedly, to me the two biggest plays on the Steelers part were Fast Willie's Superbowl-record 75yd TD run and the 43yd fake-reverse throw from Randle El to Ward. If Ben hadn't blocked the guy in the back field on that gadget play, then #28 would've gotten to Randle El before he threw. And there was another occassion where Ben scrambled on 3rd down and dove for a big first down. I think he did things that the stats just don't show that helped the Steelers win. They definitely had a decent defensive game, Alexander didn't have an impact on the game. For that matter I thought Larry Johnson was better if you compared his stats in just the 9games he started versus Alexander's entire season.

Alexander - 1880yds 27TDs 5.1yd/carry

Johnson - 1750yds 20TDs 5.2yd/carry in just 9games

Not to take away anything from Alexander, but to me hes definitely not the best there is.

Larry Johnson's 9 games as a starter were amazing (he had 1351 yards and 16 TDs in those 9 games). It will be interesting to see what he does next year (assuming they let him be the man and not Priest Holmes). Apparently the Chiefs are in the mix for Terrell Owens. That could be a scary offense. Of course, Owens might just destroy whatever team he goes to.

The entire cuntry can can smell the stench of corruption, even all the way over here on the west coast!

I didn't see ONE single instance of legitimate penalizing (and it was ALL on one team) - Oh, yeah - THAT WAS FAIR!

Give me a break! Not one call was overruled, even when PLAIN AS DAY that it was completely BOGUS. The Stench. The Stench...

DM

Call me a whiner all you want, but at least the vast majority of the NFL fans feel the same way, so I'm not alone. Hell, even Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio this morning (who said Steelers would win) railed on the NFL officiating. Mentioned how Al Michaels bit his toung over and over at the officiating and that Madden simply didn't hold back at times.

I've had several hours now to reflect and calm down. I'm still very much in a funk about all this. But I'll get over it. No reason to hold onto it. At this point here's my feelings.

1) Seahawks outplayed them.
2) Seahawks did throw a few lemons. Some missed catches, a few bad passes. simply could have performed better at times.
3) Steelers did make 3 huge "MAGNIFICIENT" plays. Give them serious props. Those were AWESOME
4) I won't officially go on record saying that the officiating cost the Seahawks the superbowl, but I will say that it GREATLY affected the score and quit possibly outcome.
5) 7 points were absolutly taken away with that offensive pass interference call. The pass that stevens caught down to the 1 yard line, then the horrendous holding call that brought the ball back, that EASILY could be argued another 7 points for a total of 14.
6) I will congratulate the Steelers and the fans for brining home the trophy.
7) Dispite my congratulations, in my heart and the hearts of many, I don't feel the Steelers won a fair game.

That said, i'm looking forward to next season.

GO SEAHAWKS

PS... Seriously Steeler fans, no hard feelings from me. Non of this is pointed at you.

'Some missed catches, a few bad passes. simply could have performed better at times.'

Sorry, but the team that does the above does not get to be the champion of the NFL. It must be the best performance of a team from an outstanding season, with motivated players and a very inspirational coaching staff. Nothing less will do.

Just my .02, probably worthless.