Crown For Sale

rigma

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy,..... Whooooo----Hoooo! Can't wait to get those Crowns home and in my rack! If these are as nice as I believe they are, I'll be looking for a new home for my Micro-Tech 1200 dwillie.

I would be interested in that 1200. I just got to hear this awakening that Jeff speaks of.

Oh boy,..... Whooooo----Hoooo! Can't wait to get those Crowns home and in my rack! If these are as nice as I believe they are, I'll be looking for a new home for my Micro-Tech 1200 dwillie.

I would be interested in that 1200. I just got to hear this awakening that Jeff speaks of.

It's a Sledgehammer ......for your Speakers ......[:)]

Tell me. Exactly what did you hear, and how was it different?

Tell me. Exactly what did you hear, and how was it different?

I don't know. I haven't heard it yet. That is what i am trying to remedy here!

Crown's marketting section should seriously consider hiring Jeff :P

Without a doubt.

I would say so as it pertains to marketing to the home stereo crowd. As far as live performers, they've got the market sewed up pretty well.

Oooh! Interesting thought....

If performers/artists use Crown to MAKE music, and if the goal of the best sounding equipment is accurate play-back, wouldn't Crown fit the bill well for home stereo play-back?

Jeff asks the question: "If performers/artists use Crown to MAKE music, and if the goal of the

best sounding equipment is accurate play-back, wouldn't Crown fit the

bill well for home stereo play-back?"

I say, uh yah!

That's why we all need PA systems in our living rooms. Let's face it, that's where most of us are headed. C'mon, bi-amped LaScalas with massive commercial amplification- that's a PA that ROCKS!

When I was in High School, most garage bands would have killed to have a PA like that!

Michael

Jeff asks the question: "If performers/artists use Crown to MAKE music, and if the goal of the best sounding equipment is accurate play-back, wouldn't Crown fit the bill well for home stereo play-back?"

I say, uh yah!

That's why we all need PA systems in our living rooms. Let's face it, that's where most of us are headed. C'mon, bi-amped LaScalas with massive commercial amplification- that's a PA that ROCKS!

When I was in High School, most garage bands would have killed to have a PA like that!

Michael

Are you poking fun?

Jeff asks the question: "If performers/artists use Crown to MAKE music, and if the goal of the best sounding equipment is accurate play-back, wouldn't Crown fit the bill well for home stereo play-back?"

I say, uh yah!

Michael

Are you poking fun?

Well, yes, at MYSELF (okay, maybe a few other crazies here) But isn't that where we're headed? I just spoke with Trey about this very phenomenon today and he agrees!

M

I say, uh yah!

Michael

Are you poking fun?

Well, yes, at MYSELF (okay, maybe a few other crazies here) But isn't that where we're headed? I just spoke with Trey about this very phenomenon today and he agrees!

M

Like who?[;)]

I say, uh yah!

Michael

Are you poking fun?

....."Let's face it, that's where most of us are headed"......."Are you poking fun".......

No, I think Michael is just trying to frighten my wife......... and me too......

Terry

PS:

Guys, after eight pages of Crown praise, I just got to say this. (ran two DC-300's with Khorns & LaS in the late 70's)

With all due respect and IMHO, if you use the large watt Crowns for anything other than driving LF.......a nice tube front end is a must.......

Please don't beat me up too bad.........

Terry