Crown For Sale

rigma

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry rigma, but I missed that PM. Did not get your message. But....I will take two of the Crown DC300II's @ $275.00 each. SHMBO would probably frown on all three and that breaks my heart, but at least that leaves something for the others to enjoy. My PM on this site must be not working (?) so if anybody wants to contact me, use my personal email. Here it is for all to see. dwillie57@comcast.net rigma, I'll wait to hear from you. dwillie.

I can vouch for the PS400 amp. Very, very quiet. And a stable full of horses when you choose to unleash them.. I'm sure the DC300II is in the same family.

I have a PS400 tied to each Cornwall.

I know there are better sound systems out there.

They're just not in my neighborhood.

I like Crowns and Cornwalls.

Woof

Rigma,

You've got my 'dibs' list on PM.

Dwillie, isn't that MT 1200 like 405 watts per side into 4 ohm cabinet 20-20K?

I've got one of those also, plan on running it into my dual LSI bottoms, then using the DC300IIA (I hope) for the dual top bins. That's like 750 watts per side, should sterilize all the cats in the neighborhood nicely!

Michael

Here's a link to the discontinued products at Crown for anyone considering these amps.

http://www.crownaudio.com/gen_htm/legacy/legacamp.htm

And these sure are pretty ones. Not like the ones on eBay that look like they fell off the back of the band truck 40 times and lived in a smoke-filled environment their entire lives.

Let's get these gone!

Michael

"Dwillie, isn't that MT 1200 like 405 watts per side into 4 ohm cabinet 20-20K?"

I bought my Micro-Tech new so I grabbed the paperwork and owners manual. It says: 295 watts @ 8ohms stereo, 400 watts @ 4 ohms stereo, 790 watts @ 8 ohms Bridged Monaural. All this 20 to 20k, FTC Continuous Average Power. d.

So far, I have dwillie down for (2) 300's and colterphoto1 down for (1) 300. Duke I never heard back from you so I assume you no longer are interested.

All others are still available on a first to commit basis.

dwillie & colterphoto1 I sent you contact info via email, let me know if you got it, the system here seems to be sporadic.

I need some info on the D75A's.

I am tri-amping and have two Teac L700P's for mids and tweets. Right now, I am not having any problem with hiss using my K77's. However, Sfogg is using JBL 2404 tweeters and reports having problems.

As my K Horns are now sold (just figuring out shipping) I wil lbe jumping to 2404's and expect to have a problem with hiss.

If the Crown D75A's are as clean as the Teac and will solve the hiss problem, I will take one for my tweeters.

Duke, I seem to be asking you a lot of questions lately - what do you think?

Chris

Chris,

I used the 75's in bridged mono on my JBL 2404H tweeters through a Crown USM-810 digital processor with no hiss at all. I also have the Teac and tried it and perfered the 75's. The Teac did have a little hiss although from my listing position 16' away it was not and issue I just thought its tone was not as good.