Beautiful KHorns on Audiogon/EVERETT, WA

Chris Elm

Those appear to be in excellent condition. Not too sure about the veneer, poor lighting or something. I'm tempted to agree with Oak only because of the grain structure in 1 photo. But in the others the graining seems to tight to be Oak.

Fir?, maybe. Cherry ?

Asking price certainly honest.

Owner says Oak. Label says 'BB'. I know of BR, BL, but BB? Is that Baltic Birch? And if so, is that a different type of birch than the paint grade looking birch used on LaScalas, etc?

While we're at it, the style 'b' walnut pair on ebay has a label that says 'D' (decorator), birch. LOL

The speakers are birch painted black as the label indicates 'KCBB'. I had a cabinet maker veneer them with Oak and a professional furniture refinisher stain them and apply the finish. They look great! I'm not a Klipsch expert so I hope I didn't ruin them.

While we're at it, the style 'b' walnut pair on ebay has a label that says 'D' (decorator), birch. LOL

I noticed that too. Obviously the label and cabinets pictured do not match.

I wonder how hard it would be to add the inset collar, or spacer, between upper and lower cabinets on a pair of Style C cabinets (and the bottom front cove molding).

BTW, the pair of KC-BB (Klipschorn Style C Birch Black) auction ended a few minutes ago at the absurd price of $1,475.00.