$78 for One Light Bulb? The Madness Grows

thebes

One must wonder where some of these ebayers get their brains from.

Two minutes of googling will get you a #49 pilot light bulb for anywhere from $.89 to $2.50.

I do lots of stupid stuff with my money but this takes the cake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:112&item=5869706377&id=&sasel=

The 7-T, I think, uses a #47. The 7 uses a #49. They are not all that hard to find. I've heard of purists wanting an original selenium rectifier, but, an original pilot lamp?

Maybe I should go home and see if I have any extras...

Ok, I went and looked at mine - both the 7 and 7-T use a #49 lamp. I wonder if it's the Hadley that uses the #47?

My Hickok 539c uses a No.49 for the short test function. And it is crittical that you replace it with the exact same type. I paid about $6 for a box of 3, with the box. The only reason I didn't go down to AutoZone or Garbage Shack was because I wanted as NOS bulb, just because I'm anal that way.

But in a pinch, or to avoid that assinine $78.00 "poke-em in the eye's" price, I'd go to GarbageShack any day before I'd fork over that kind of coin.

Don't know about the Marantz, but I'm confident Al is correct.

Nice pair of Nippers on that record!

Those are not Nippers. Those my dear COD were 1960's state of the art record cleaners, they have a very fine peach fuzz that's bearly noticable, unless seen up close. You can almost feel the fuzz if you try...[;)]