50.00 Marantz Model 5's, 20.00 Cornwalls, and now...

Mallette

850.00 for a pair of near mint Frazier Model 11's of only 15 pairs ever made and origninally listing for 3000.00 a pair. Not only that, the provenance suggests this pair once graced Jack Frazier's office in Carrollton. Elvis had a pair, as did Buddy Holly's producer. Now, my "friend" Ron (Lonelobo) Huebner does too. 250 lbs each and 107db/1w/1m (yes, a silly db more than a 'horn...and WITHOUT horns). I've gazed at pictures of these in my Frazier product literature for over 30 years wondering if any existed or if they were a myth.

So there they sit in silence in his living room while he overhauls his kitchen. If that is not bassackwards priorities I don't know what is. While I appreciate the Lord finally letting me TOUCH these magnificent beasties...I must admit that looking at loudspeakers is like reading about paintings.

Well, that brings me back from my usual Christmas hiatus a bit early this year.

Dave

I will try to post the lit I have tomorrow. Working today... Next trip home I am going to hook SOMETHING to those things and make them sing. Ron can go work in his kitchen...maybe his drill will short out or some other fatal accident will happen and I won't hear his calls for help.

Dave

I didn't. Ron did. Everything he knows about classic audio he learned from me...and he has used it to collect a small treasure trove that includes Cornwalls, Heresies, Dyanco Mark III's, Marantz Model 5's, the Frazier 11's, and a number of other rather desirable items. I rather doubt he has more than 2500.00 into the entire lot. He is a freelance videographer who spends his downtime haunting estate sales, auctions, and Ebay. Even then he is definitely blessed given the treasures he has stumbled upon. Don't know how many cell calls I've rec'd from him with "You ever hear of some outfit called Grommes? Found this old tube amp in a barn and the guy wants 5.00 for it..." etc. Jeez, why did I open my mouth?

Granted, he is the godfather of my son and a trusted friend of over 25 years...but sometimes I just can't stand it.

In my case, I've a pretty good inventory of Frazier from Super Midget through Model 5's, but have never landed one of the big boys...7, Thing, or 11. Now, I have only 14 chances left...

Dave

See the thread "1 db more efficient..." You can download the sheet by clicking on it. It is 150 dpi so should be reasonably printable.

Haven't had time to do it yet, but I am going to make some Frazier logos for my own use. While the speakers come down through the years just fine, the logos rarely survive. I need several myself. Since it is simple enough, a wax impression should make a fine mold.

I could use some pointers from anyone who has done this, though I am sure I can work it out.

Dave

PS - Sorry...didn't look close enough. You wanted 7 info. Shoot me a regular email to dave.mallette@hpidc.com and I'll send you a PDF.

Here is a literature cover page with the whole Frazier consumer line, circa 1970. For size comparison, the Mark IV on ladies left is pretty close to Heresy size.

Key:

Left foreground: Super Midget, R - Monte Carlo

Middle Row L-R: Model Seven, Mark V, Concerto, and Mark IV

Back Row: CAD 1, Model 11, Thing

I did a bit of cleanup on this (Girl was on her own) as it is a bit worn from 30 years of wishing... (I already have a girl).

Dave

post-9494-13819283962042_thumb.jpg

Looks neat...but if you can't get it anymore?

Dave

Uh? We cast parts for things we have but cannot purchase new. Does that make more sense? example: We have some Hubbell surface mount conduit. An end piece gets broken. They no longer stock the replacement part, so we make a mold and cast a new one. Otherwise we spend hundreds of dollars replacing the whole thing, not just the end piece.

They have some with a powdered bronze in it that I thought would make nice badges/nameplates.