The Masters - Who Else Is Doing Nothing Today But Watching The Final Round?

garymd

I got up a bit earlier than usual for a Sunday this morning to watch the rest of the 3rd round. Can't wait for the final round to begin. I'm getting all of my errands out of the way shortly to prepare for nothing but sitting my a$$ on the couch and watching what looks to be an amazing finish.

My favorite tourney of the year. Go Freddy!

It's beautiful here today, too nice to stay indoors. Gonna go play in the yard a bit, pick up sticks, fertilizer, etc.

Then maybe sort out some of the junk in the garage. I've got to get set to do my CW project- going to try to reveneer 4 and build some replacement grilles. I'm thinking of making up a router jig to make the cutouts easier to duplicate in the masonite.

But you enjoy the golf game- I'm always asleep after about 10 minutes of it. But a nap is never a bad idea.

M

The Green Jacket is within the grasp of several of the classiest athletes in the world. This is sport as it was meant to be.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Phil and Freddie in the last group is as good as it gets. Let Tiger set the pace and then have Freddie stick a six iron within inches of the 18th pin. Freddie! YOU THE MAN!

On Friday the wife and I went to see the 2nd round live. It is only about a 90 minute drive and a friend loaned me his badges for the day. It was the first time I ever went and all I can say is those guys can HIT the ball A TON. Augusta, just the course alone, will make your jaw drop. So beautiful. The rough blows my lawn away, it's that nice. The greens are next to impossible to put on though. Nobody could make a put all day, and sometimes they would end up further away than where they putted from. We saw lots of shots hit within a few feet of the hole, look like it stopped, and then the crowd would start making noise and you could see ithe ball slowly start rolling, and sometimes it would roll right off the friggin' green.

I got to see some of the old favorites (Floyd, Couples, Watson, Crenshaw, Player, Stadler, Daly, Charles Coody, many more) and the young crop as well. Tiger and Phil are the two standouts on tour. They are the only two golfers that the crowd actually follows around. It's like a stampede when they come through.

What a super day. If you ever get a chance to go, you won't believe what it is like LIVE. The Pro Shop is like the "Bass Pro" of golf. You'll easily drop $500 +.

My youngest daughter Angela and I used to go to the International Golf Tourney at Castle Pines Co. every year when she was in school and you are not kidding they hit it long. What surprises me is how high they hit it. I seen John Daly hit an 8-iron 180 yds long and prolly 100 yards high on a par 3. We got autographs from all of the greats and Angela was able to speak to the Golden Bear at the tee box for about 15 minutes. Jack is one of the most humble and likeable guys I got to see at these tourneys.[Y]

Not a very exciting final round I must admit. Still watched the whole thing though. If Freddie could have made a few putts, the outcome might have been different.

I got to see the '79 Masters live when my mother lived in Ga. Her husband at the time was a friend of Lee Trevino's and we got to walk a practice round with him for a bit.

The course is truly amazing as Mark said. I got there early and watched them vacum leaves out of the woods. I'm pretty sure they also dye the water that beautiful aqua color. Just an incredible place. I think I'd take out a 2nd mortgage to play a round there.

The only way to make Sunday at The Masters better is to play more holes! Not quite the dramatic finish, but a great tournament the whole day. What a leaderboard.

Thank You to Augusta National, CBS, and Directv for all of the HD coverage. Too bad all the tournaments aren't in HD.

Ive always been a big fan of Fred Couples and it was tough to see him miss those relatively short putts. Congratulations to Phil though. He played a great round of golf. Watching the two of them play that round showed the world, and most importantly the kids, that you can play a sport for the love of it and you can play it like gentlemen.

Nothing like the Masters! I'm glued in front of the TV set when it's on, and it's always beautiful in HD. However, I got out in the morning myself and fired off a smooth 77 with 3 birdies and a couple of doubles. Had a few beers, came home and spent the next 5 hours in front of the TV. That's what I call a productive day. [:D]

Mike

Nice round Mike. I've been too busy around the house this year to get out. Been to the range once.

Last year was my worst in a long time. I think I had one round in the 70s all year.

One of these days I'm going to drag Boomac out on the course. He was one hell of a golfer in his younger days before his knees got the better of him.

Yep.... excellent Masters! You can't ask for a better pairing in the final round. I didn't care who it was either Freddie or Phil. I think Freddie could have pulled it off if his putting was there... I wonder if he'll go back to a conventional putter?

As was said in the Post interview... about how Phil & Fred looked like two buddies having fun, someone mentioned that happening when partnered with Tiger or Vijay & Phil said "Yea, that'll never happen" [:D]

Geezzz! You get to play year round and the best you can shoot is 77?

BTW, how many holes did you play?[:o] Was it a fast nine? How many Mulligans? How many Florida Flops? Did you roll um in the rough? What about gimmys?[:D]

Just kidding Mike.[;)] Still too chilly to get out and play up here. Im just jealous that you got out to play; let alone that fine score. 77 is great golf!

Once he gets a few rounds in, maybe the G-Man will come down and give you some competition. Either <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Gary or that Blue Note loving RINGER out on the west coast!

Geezzz! You get to play year round and the best you can shoot is 77?

BTW, how many holes did you play?[:o] Was it a fast nine? How many Mulligans? How many Florida Flops? Did you roll um in the rough? What about gimmys?[:D]

Just kidding Mike.[;)] Still too chilly to get out and play up here. Im just jealous that you got out to play; let alone that fine score. 77 is great golf!

Once he gets a few rounds in, maybe the G-Man will come down and give you some competition. Either <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Gary or that Blue Note loving RINGER out on the west coast!

LOL

Yeah, this is the time of year I start to get it going. I shot 76 and 77 the weekend before with a few bad holes, but I am making a lot of birdies as well (averaging over 2 a round for my last 6 rounds). Central Florida is great this time of year for golf (80 - 85), but it's gonna get real hot pretty quick and it's not as enjoyable to play then. I'll be spending more time on my friends sailboat once the temps start to rise.

Anytime you guys make it down to the Orlando area let me know. I can always put you up, and we'll go chase that little white ball around a bit. [:D]

Mike