anyone in here have promedias?

bmxfelon420

I was thinking about it, and it struck me: How many people with higher end systems have a set of promedias for their computer (or other purpose)? I was wondering because i know that the promedias definately beat any pc speakers in accuracy and midrange, and i was just wondering if any of you have them, and what you think of them. I love mine, i made some new 16ga cables with gold plated ends, they definately made the midrange a bit punchier.

I have the 2.1's on my work computer. I think they sound pretty darn good. Most of my co-workers are amazed by them. I find the bass a little boomy probably due to the placement of the sub unit under my desk. I usually find myself turning the subwoofer knob down. Overall it's a great package for a pc.

Jeremy

I like my 4.1's so much that I bought extra satallites to keep them going for years to come... They can be had on ePay for as little as $20 a pair! (these seem to fail after extended use...)

Funny story. 6 months ago I came here griping about a channel being out on my 4.1's.... here I sits and its April and I have a custom st-70 and brand new h3's.....

funny how the world works.

(by the way the mini pin was half out of my sound card from moving the pc around.. and to think I damn near took apart the sub!!!!) [:$]

Started with a pair of Promedia 2.1 THX about a couple of years back. I was absolutely delighted with the way it rendered my music. They became my "do it all" speakers. I connect my Grado SR-80s to them. I connect my Creative Zen Touch mp3 player to them. If it has mini pin capability and it plays music or sound, the Promedias are my speakers of choice. Amazing how something so small can put out such quality of sound. Yes, it does play fairly loud... but for me, what absolutely captivates me about these speakers is the quality of sound... superb!!!

This past winter, I received a second set of Promedia 2.1 THX for Christmas. So now, much to my delight, I have a fantastic set of Klipsch Promedia 4.2 THX set around my ABS computer. Absolutely love to watch movies at my computer now.... And music is out of this world since I replaced the factory speaker wires with a 16 guage speaker wire set that I made for them. Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha, or any of the commercial small theatre speaker systems don't come anywhere close to the Promedias. They all sound tiny and forced.

What else can be said that hasn't been said about these babies... I had lost touch with Klipsch speakers awhile back, and now every time that I sat down to listen to music on my Promedias, I knew that this was the type of sound that I also wanted in my living room, (on a greater scale, of course). Now, I'm in the process of replacing my HT speakers, and my choice will be speakers from the Klipsch Reference line. And when my friends ask me what I use or recommend for computer/multimedia/portable mp3 speakers, the Promedias are the only speakers that I mention... period. [C]

I gave my son a set of GMX 5.1s for Christmas a little over a year ago and was REALLY impressed with the sound they produce! He has a PS to get content from and with the TV, he has a great HT setup in his bedroom, not to mention the extra dimension of game play.

Klipsch really does deliver more than promised every time!