Belle pair on Ebay from klipschstore

soundbound

Someone already bid. Over 6 days to go in the auction. LOL Fool. You'd think I'd get used to seeing the blazing ridiculousness of bidding early. It'll never happen.

I'd like to gather them all up for a high stakes poker game. They'd likely show me their cards. I would win.

Yep, they've never been anywhere else. Never been used.

Have you guys ever considered offering gems like these that come up to the forum first? Perhaps in a Klipsch forum auction format? Silent bids? Anything?

Curious auction. Did Klipsch just build these? How old? I can't imagine they've been sitting in a corner somewhere for a few years. Is Klipsch building Belles as a special order still? Or - is Klipsch considering reintroducing the Belles? Is this a test? :)

Someone already bid. Over 6 days to go in the auction. LOL Fool. You'd think I'd get used to seeing the blazing ridiculousness of bidding early. It'll never happen.

I'd like to gather them all up for a high stakes poker game. They'd likely show me their cards. I would win.

I generally agree with you. In the unusual case of a tie bid, though, I believe the bidder with the earlier bid wins, so maybe they are just covering their bet. :)

• Moderators

meagain,

Why is the auction curious? We have a lot of stock in our warehouse that just hasn't moved. I'm not sure exactly when these were built--I assume they are among the last. I'm waiting to get the serial numbers from the warehouse now.

It's not a test. These couldn't be any more discontinued.

People can bid whenever and however they want. It may not be the smartest thing, but why so hostile?

Our ebay store blocks bidders registered outside of the US.

I was watching a domain name auction the other day for a friend and their policy is that if a last minute bid is placed, the auction is extended for a reasonable amount of time to allow another bid. I like that a lot better than all this sniping stuff. A lot of eBay auctions have come down to little or no action for the first 6 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes. And that's just no fun at all.

I was watching a domain name auction the other day for a friend and their policy is that if a last minute bid is placed, the auction is extended for a reasonable amount of time to allow another bid. I like that a lot better than all this sniping stuff. A lot of eBay auctions have come down to little or no action for the first 6 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes. And that's just no fun at all.

It is when you're trying to buy the damn thing. LOL

BTW, I never bid on anything until the last 5 seconds. Ever! If I get it, I get it. If not, there will be another one at some point in time...

Mike

• Moderators

How much are the new LaScalla 2's? They are $5,000 or so correct? So NIB Belles should go for $4,500 to $5,000.

Amy, how about you withdraw that auction, I will pay Klipsch, say we split the difference, $4,750, I will let y'all set them up at the Gathering show them off, etc. Then I drive home with them.

What else do y'all have hidden in the warehouse in the heirtage line? You have any Khorns? I will buy those from you and you can even set those up at the gathering as well, we can A/B them with the 60th Anniv eds. that are going to be set up.

Travis

No such thing as a tie bid. The system won't allow it.

I believe it is possible to have a tie bid.

Let's say meagain submits a $3000 bid for these speakers when the bidding is only up to some lesser amount (say $2600). Meagain's bid will show up as $2605 (or whatever) and will inch up as others submit higher bids. Then if WS65711 comes along in the final seconds (when the bidding may be up to say $2910) and submits a bid of $3000, meagain will win the auction since meagain submitted the $3000 bid first.

How much are the new LaScalla 2's? They are $5,000 or so correct? So NIB Belles should go for $4,500 to $5,000.

Amy, how about you withdraw that auction, I will pay Klipsch, say we split the difference, $4,750, I will let y'all set them up at the Gathering show them off, etc. Then I drive home with them.

What else do y'all have hidden in the warehouse in the heirtage line? You have any Khorns? I will buy those from you and you can even set those up at the gathering as well, we can A/B them with the 60th Anniv eds. that are going to be set up.

Travis

Travis,

Of course they have Khorns. They still make 'em. All you have to do is pick your finish. $7000 and you don't need to wait for Amy.

The only way a tie could occur would be if two bidders placed a bid for exactly the same amount and those two bids were received at eBay at exactly the same millisecond. While the odds are astronomical against this occurring, my guess is that eBay does have some sort of tie breaker - like awarding the win to the bidder with the oldest membership, highest positive feedback score, or something.