khorns for $1200 in memphis

funkyhambone

Steve--

What do you do for shipping on these geographically wide-reaching Klipsch purchases? I kinda envision a fleet of modified Corvettes, circling the country, ready to swoop in and snag them horns...

Dang, nice score! Wish I'd known about it. Who and I were down in Bowling Green KY today, could have driven the truck and chauffered your new finds home for some gas $$.

Let a few slip through your fingers, will ya? I used to get everything east of the Mississippi, I see there's some competition! Your marketing blitz sure is paying off!

Michael

• Moderators

Now thats what you really need a pair of Michael. You could always sell them if you don't like them , Nevermind i forgot who i was talking to. But they could almost complete the Heritage line you are building.

Michael i hope your insurance company has all your equipment included on your policy because it is Way more then ' the average Michael' has, no kidding.

Oh thanks Michael for the thought i wish i could,thanks anyway.

I've got a private line on a pair here in Indy. Hope I can score them for good price. The people are moving mid-May and will be cleaning out their 'storage unit' then. I can't wait!

I have absolutely no use for them but after hearing Woodog's today.... well......[6]

M

• 3 weeks later...

After promising to deliver them to me (for an additional fee) and when I offered to send payment in advance, in his words "don't worry, while I have had other inquires, they are yours and I will not sell them out from under you", that is apparently what he did (according to his wife). They were 1979 KB-WL (s/n 15T141 and 15T142) with cane grills.

Yes Meagain, $1200 was over my limit, however do to their close proximity and lower transportation cost, I made an exception. To answer your other question, no La Scala or Belle Klipsch is by design - I am only interested in a pair of La Scala and Belle Klipsch at a lower price, since they fall off so much in the bottom end compared to Klipschorn, Cornwall, Chorus II, and even the little Forte II. Sooner or later it will happen like that pair of Belle Klipsch advertised in Texas for $200.00 a few months ago.

I'll tell you what else is not cool.... I bought 2 pairs of speaks recently and got quite an earful from the sellers about various folks they talked to on the phone. Both sellers mentioned "interesting characters with mega klipsch knowledge".

The one seller told the propective buyer over the phone that they were sold. Prospective buyer then proceeds to tell seller that he's selling them for too cheap and proceeds to list high prices seen on Ebay as examples. And while he's saying this to me... I'm thinking - oh great, sour grapes. Buyer lost the speakers so he tries to both screw up my deal AND make the seller feel like crap. For zero gain. Not cool. Bad karma.

I'll tell you what else is not cool.... I bought 2 pairs of speaks recently and got quite an earful from the sellers about various folks they talked to on the phone. Both sellers mentioned "interesting characters with mega klipsch knowledge".

=========================================

While this was not me, and I have also had this happen to me, we all want to score "deals" and all want to be fair with each other too. So OK do it, name the MEGA knowledge people and see if they were just informing people about Klipsch or trying to buy them out from under neath you?

I know Colterphoto1 and myself... Have enlightened some sellers as well as buyers. I KNOW I was not here..in this transaction, I doubt he was as well we would NEVER mess up a deal and have in fact passed a lot of them on to others on here too.

But let's see, 1,200 for good K horns.. Some one got a steal!

All the seller said was a ton of people called him including (this is a quote) "one guy that had way more knowledge about klipsch speakers than he should have" (while shaking his head)... [:)]

Then went on to talk about how he was told these should sell for around double of what he was selling them for and went on & on about the worth of them and various historic sales, etc. And yes, after this buyer was told they were verbally sold. I of course have no knowledge if this same person was the "klipsch expert man" or not - but it bothered the heck out of me cuz it seemed almost mean-spirited/sour grapes. Cuz if someone was wanting to feel him out to see if he'd take more - why throw out seriously high, top dollar amounts?

If it were me, I would have simply said "aww that's too bad. Well - thanks anyway" and not go into all kinds of sh*t telling him he's ripping himself off, etc. No value in that for anyone if it's a done deal. My guess was this prospective buyer fully knew seller was an ethical man of his word type and wasn't going to screw me while I was driving out to get them. He 'seemed' like he was just relating stories and not about to hit me for more money so I bit my lip, crossed my fingers & broached the subject. He didn't raise the price and indeed he was a lovely man as was his family. I am grateful for them.

My guess is that someone was just plain pissed they lost them.