• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid Parents!

Hey.....wait a minute,I'm a parent.I've give my kids more audio gear

than any of their friends ever owned,amps,avr's,subs,cd

players,speakers etc...I seldom bought them throw away toys.I bought

them at least some audio gear/musical equipment every Christmas.The

downside is it spoiled em',so maybe thats not the best way.

I'd say there is more than a good chance your parents want you to have

everything you want,in time,priorities first.Its very seldom a kid goes

wrong when they listen to their parents advise.As was mentioned its our

job to say NO,thats the test to see how serious you really are.

Why would a sane young man want vinyl, CD's are so much easier, no cartridges to deal with, no surface noise, tics, pops, what have you? Most of the people who push vinyl have mucho dollars in their set-ups, have some short of line filters, or whatever you call them, record clamps, and must like to play DJ. Chops idea of starting out low dollars is a good point, but I think you've made up your mind already. If that's the case, Good Luck, the Vinyl forum guys are more than glad to guide you through the world of LP's. They won't steer you wrong, they know what they're talking about.Bottom Line, doesn't matter LP or CD, it's the MUSIC THAT MATTERS.

PS: Jacksonbart is right about the bra's, they will ruin your needle!!! Good Luck

Sorry for the response you considered "retarded." I misunderstood your whining about your parents' objections to your wanting a turntable to be your whining that they wouldn't buy you one. I think it was the whining that threw me.

Glad you have a job. Do you still live at home?

Sorry for the response you considered "retarded." I misunderstood your whining about your parents' objections to your wanting a turntable to be your whining that they wouldn't buy you one. I think it was the whining that threw me.

You sound exactly like someone that used to be on here and got banned. What was his name? Klipsdude or something.

But anyway, I'm done with this thread, I didn't create it so I could get bashed, flamed, and called a whiner. Over a stupid little turntable.

Amy you can do whatever you want with it, delete it or lock it....whatever.

You sound exactly like someone that used to be on here and got banned. What was his name? Klipsdude or something.

But anyway, I'm done with this thread, I didn't create it so I could get bashed, flamed, and called a whiner. Over a stupid little turntable.

You are showing your young age RTTR, calm down, you should reread your post, I don't think it came out the way you intended it to, that's why people jumped on you, your choice of words could have been better thought out, alot of members are PARENTS.

You are showing your young age RTTR, calm down, you should reread your post, I don't think it came out the way you intended it to, that's why people jumped on you, your choice of words could have been better thought out, alot of members are PARENTS.

I don't feel welcome here anymore, I don't think I will be coming back.

Cya all.

Relax,

I am 19 and bring in new audio gear monthly...

you have to accustom your parents and if you convince them that this is part of your job, it works. Its the only reason they have tolerated it so far...

on second thoughts, its time to move out.

They are so against it that I even have to pay for the gas if I borrow their van (my little car just cant fit a pair of 'scalas)

the problem with typing? it is easy to assume the worst. and most do.

RTTR, people wont ever ask you to stay. brush it off, roll with the punches.

(by the way I think you are nuts to want a tt, but who the f am i?)

=)

C

Well I guess I'm not very good with rolling the punches, every time I say something, I get flamed even more for it.

Who cares what other people have to say. I sure don't. If I have my mind set on doing something, then I do it, regardless of what others say. As long as you don't feel like you're wasting your own money and that you think you are making a right move, then go for it. If it's not what you were wanting or expecting, then just resell it. It's that simple.

Also, if you don't want to get into arguments with your folks about stereo equipment, then don't mention it to them. I learned that the hard way myself. I'd get all gitty about something I was getting ready to buy, go talk to my parents about it, then they'd shoot me down complaining about it being a waste of money. And the bad thing is, my father used to come home with new stereo equipment almost monthly!! But now since he's lost interest, and my mother was never interested, I just don't tell them anything.

99% of the time, I'd have a new piece of equipment in my system for months before either one of them would notice, and when they did notice, I would just tell them that I had it for quite a while and they just didn't remember... which was kinda true in a way. LOL

99% of the time, I'd have a new piece of equipment in my system for months before either one of them would notice, and when they did notice, I would just tell them that I had it for quite a while and they just didn't remember... which was kinda true in a way. LOL

sounds like the same thing I do with the fiance....

Who cares what other people have to say. I sure don't. If I have my mind set on doing something, then I do it, regardless of what others say. As long as you don't feel like you're wasting your own money and that you think you are making a right move, then go for it. If it's not what you were wanting or expecting, then just resell it. It's that simple.

Also, if you don't want to get into arguments with your folks about stereo equipment, then don't mention it to them. I learned that the hard way myself. I'd get all gitty about something I was getting ready to buy, go talk to my parents about it, then they'd shoot me down complaining about it being a waste of money. And the bad thing is, my father used to come home with new stereo equipment almost monthly!! But now since he's lost interest, and my mother was never interested, I just don't tell them anything.

Good point.

You could always get a job and buy it yourself, if you aren't allergic .

. .

That's a pretty retarded thing to come out and say... You think my parents bought their 21 year old son a $1400 NAD amp?

Oh ahaha, who am I trying to kid, this is 2006, parents buy their kids BMW's and Mercedes when they turn 16. But anyway, so I guess you have a point saying that. But anyway I have a job.

Aside from that, why agree with my parents that LPs are a waste, just about everyones system profile in the 2 channel section has a turntable.

I don't have a record player.

There are lots of guys who enjoy their turntable as much so as cd's or tuners. A buddy last week loaned me a Pioneer auto turntable he bought back in the 70's or 80's and I'm curious to give it a spin and see the results for myself. Not sure if the fully auto tables are any good but when I get time it will be hooked up and I'm hoping to hear a difference in the imaging.

What the heck.......it will be fun to try even if my wife just rolls her eyes and thinks I'm wasting time.