TRADE LA SCALA'S FOR CHERRY RF-7'S

lett

I AM A KNEWBY SO PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK IV'E BEEN A KLIPSCH FAN FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS AND HAVE OWNED A FEW ( MY BAD) A LOT OF SPEAKERS. I HAVE A PAIR OF LIKE NEW LA SCALAS SCRATCHLESS. BOX AND

SYRYOPHONE, AND MANUAL READY TO SHIP. THEY ARE BLACK LACUER.

I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR CHERRY RF-7 I CALLED THE FACTORY GAVE

THEM THE SERIAL # AND SAID THEY WERE BUILT IN LATE 1995 . I DONT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE ON THIS FOURM. SO MY EMAIL IS LETTSALES1@HOTMAIL.COM . WHEN I GET THE RF-7'S I NEED INFO AS TO HOW TO GET DEAN TO UPGRADE CROSSOVERS. THANKS FOR THE HELP. LETT..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM A KNEWBY SO PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK IV'E BEEN A KLIPSCH FAN FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS AND HAVE OWNED A FEW ( MY BAD) A LOT OF SPEAKERS. I HAVE A PAIR OF LIKE NEW LA SCALAS SCRATCHLESS. BOX AND

SYRYOPHONE, AND MANUAL READY TO SHIP. THEY ARE BLACK LACUER.

I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR CHERRY RF-7 I CALLED THE FACTORY GAVE

THEM THE SERIAL # AND SAID THEY WERE BUILT IN LATE 1995 . I DONT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE ON THIS FOURM. SO MY EMAIL IS LETTSALES1@HOTMAIL.COM . WHEN I GET THE RF-7'S I NEED INFO AS TO HOW TO GET DEAN TO UPGRADE CROSSOVERS. THANKS FOR THE HELP. LETT..

May I be so bold as to ask why a person would want to do something like that? LaScalas for RF-7's, am I missing something, or is it a matter of size? I find it hard to believe they are better speakers. This forum never fails to amase me.

THEY SOUND AMAZING WHEN I TURN THEM UP BUT I CANT FIND A SWEET SPOT AT COVERSATIONAL LEVEL IM USING AN OUTBOARD DENON POA 2800 AMP IVE JUST ORDERD ANOTHER PRE TO TRY TO HELP I LOVE THE LOOKS EVERTHING. JUST CANT GET SWEET SPOT AT LOW VOLUMES. I KNOW ITS CRAZY.... SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY....

THANKS FOR INFO BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WHITH THAT

9 DIGIT# FOR DEAN. TOLD YOU NEW BET YOU WISH YOU HAVENT GAVE ME THAT YOU DID ALWRIGHT PASS... THANKS FOR ANY INFO

I CANT FIGURE WHY I CANT FIND SWEET SPOT ON LA SCALAS AT LOW VOLUME. THEY ARE GREAT AT LOW MID TO MID AND OF COURSE HIGH VOLUMES.

The nine digit number is my cell phone number. IOW's, I don't like email.:)

Might as well call, maybe we can find a way to keep the LaScalas in your system. It's usually just a placement issue. Now, if you're looking for the pinpoint imaging you get with two ways and/or monitors -- forget it. That's just one thing 3-way horns don't do all that well.

DEAN, THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THAT 9 DIGIT NUMBER, I LEFT YOU A COUPLE OF VOICE MESSAGES, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE LA SCALAS IF I COULD GET THE DETAIL A LOWER VOLUMES CALL ME WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS 919-776-0482 COLLECT NOT A PROB. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR REP FROM

THE FOURM. NOTHING BUT GOOD STUFF ABOUT YOU. HOW DO YOU PLEASE SO MANY PEOPLE. IM AMAZED!!! THANKS KENNETH LETT.

can anyone comment on any imaging improvement using an altec 811b for the mid and an ev st-350 for the horn? course a top cabinet will have to be built or some cabinet mods.

I REALIZE THIS, BUT IVE HAD SO MANY KLIPSCH SPEAKERS AND I FINALLY GET MY DREAM LA SCALAS THEY ARE PERFECT EXCEPT

AT CONVERSATIONAL LEVELS THEN THEY SOUND DULL OR BORING. GIVE ME SOME HELP. I HAD CF-3 AND SWEET SPOTS EVERYWHERE. SOUNDED AWESOME NEVER FELT THE NEED TO KEEP CRANKING THEM UP. BUT THE LA SCALA'S DONT GIVE ME COLD CHILLS UNTILL I CRANK THEM. I GOT A CALL INTO DEAN.

BUT MAN I WENT TO A LOT OF TROUBLE TO GET THESE SPEAKERS ONLY TO BE DISSAPPOINTED. THE SETUP LOOKS KILLER. BUT I CANT GET DETAIL OR HEAR THE GUITAIR STRINGS BEND UNTIL I STEP ON THE VOLUME. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP...

THEY SOUND AMAZING WHEN I TURN THEM UP BUT I CANT FIND A SWEET SPOT AT COVERSATIONAL LEVEL IM USING AN OUTBOARD DENON POA 2800 AMP IVE JUST ORDERD ANOTHER PRE TO TRY TO HELP I LOVE THE LOOKS EVERTHING. JUST CANT GET SWEET SPOT AT LOW VOLUMES. I KNOW ITS CRAZY.... SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY....

After you talk to Dean you will kiss the sky, or do you know what you want, but you just don't know....... how to go about gettin' it? Stick around the forum long enough, you'll get it. There are some very knowledgable people here, they will steer you straight.

i didnt understand about the 511, or going outboard.

i just have la scala's with a denon poa 2800 200wpc amp.

thanks for replying sorry for my ignorance...

Ken,

I think zapper misread the posts.Someone asked about using an Altec 811 horn in place of the stock midrange squawker(not you).Altec also makes a 511 horn.As for the outboard,that reference is to an avtive x-over that goes before the amp.

Greg

greg thanks for info. i noticed you'r logo "got tubes then its all good"

i beleive dean is going to be able to help my la scala's. he mentioned a tube preamp is pretty sweet. ive had loads of equipment partly due to my ignorance, and lack of research. for years i went on the 'buy and try system'. once you've heard good sound in you'r home everything else is a big dissapointment. can you recomend a site where i can learn about a tube preamp that would help the la scalas. i cant afford preamp and amp at this time besides that denon has kicked a lot of good namebrands to the curb.thanks kenneth lett

I hope you keep the La Scalas, lett. A little system tuning should get the best out of them.

The RF7's are great speakers, but not in the same league as the La Scalas.

Regarding the preamp, try the following link. Check out the Merlin. http://www.juicymusicaudio.com/

I agree with Ed on the JM preamp. LaS vs RF7? Out of the frying pan, into the fire. If you choose RF7's, the Dean thing is a must IMHO.

Terry