A'gon interviews JuicyMusic... What's next - Stereophile or American Fruit Grower's Digest?

JBryan

That is a neat interview. I just like that guy........Mark Deneen. I'm glad I bought a Peach from him. I have found that in my dealings with Mark, he validates completely everything he said in that interview.

People see my equipment and ask me lots of questions because all of my "stuff" looks so unorthodox. I always tell them the stories about meeting these guys on the internet and that the Peach and VRDs are home made products designed by these guys in their homes, and that my '50s equipment was all restored. Most folks just can't get over it because they often tell me that it's the best sound they ever heard.

You want to cover that one here?

OK - briefly, yes - but under the circumstances of India in the 1940's that was not the luditte approach it might appear. Electrical supply was neither widespread nor reliable in India at that time.

I dont think he was rejecting technology - he was boosting cottage industry as opposed to large centralized factories that require more infrastructure, zoning, controls, planning, security, safety......none of which was available at the time.

Foot powered sewing machines made sense there and then (just as wind up radios, phones and computers now do in Africa). Human power in abundance - no resources for anything else.

Hey, I like my bike powered soldering iron! It's just that after a few drinks I tend to get alot of cold solder joints. I'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT POWER STABILIZATION!

Great job Mark. You're in an enviable position. BTW, I've tried chewing Juicy Fruit while listening to music. It didn't help. I guess I'm just going to have to buy a Blueberry.