Music vs HT

Chipp4

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys the connector problem you talk about is most pro amps use XLR 3 pin balanced connectors,the balanced connectors cut down on noise,what you need to do is find a amp{samson ect} that also uses 1/4 connectors called TRS {tip,ring,shaft}this is balanced also 3 pin .what you do is use 1/4" connector in its place called a TS{tip,shaft}it is a 2 pin unbalanced connector the samson you can use all three of these connectors,that is why the samson picks up some noise when used with the 1/4" TS connector,because it is unbalanced{mono 2 pin}, go to radio shack and get connector #274-884

for the gold or #274-320 for the standard finish this is a adapter fron R.C.A. to T.S.{1/4mono}this will plug into the back of the samson and all you do is add your rca cable to it

Rather than using an adapter and then adding an rca cable, I would suggest a better connection is using a cable that consists of a 1/4" mono connector on one end and an rca jack on the other. Every time you add a connection to your signal path you have the possibility of signal loss and/or corruption. Proco (and other companies) makes this cable in many different lengths. It should be available at your better music stores. (Places that sell professional sound equipment and/or musical instruments.)

P.S. h2xmark...the correct term is "tip, ring, sleeve"

This message has been edited by minn_male42 on 01-22-2002 at 08:50 PM

monty, gil was talking about signal speed over on tech questions, like at least 1000 ft/sec i think. iow, no naked ears could ever discern such a relative small difference in cable length. it's nothing compared to the distance of a sub to your ear, which too is not a real biggy.

some guys are running 40-50ft coax for a sub & hear no dif from a 3ft run. now which brand or model to get, i

learned my lesson there too. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page