Never Shop at Ubid or Crazy Eddies

Farrow

Just a warning to all home theater enthusiasts...Never buy anything from Ubid or Crazy Eddies....It has been 2 weeks (16 days actually) and neither of them have even shipped my order yet...they are the worst p.o.s. stores ever!

--OKOK, that is a little harsh (just a little, hehe)

But if your not a patient person don't order from them!

Neither of them shipped my order in under 2 weeks.

------------------

- arrow

This message has been edited by Farrow on 11-06-2001 at 12:36 PM

Farrow,

I see you only have 2 post to this board so therefore you are very new to it. Yes dealing with these companies are hard, but plenty of people have bought speakers,amps,receivers etc from ubid and had good experiences. I tried to buy some surrounds on 10-2-01 and never got them. But you cant beat the deals on the klf series of klipsch on there!

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS:Black RF-3 II

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: RS-3 II

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

I cant talk about online stores or Ubid.I always buy from local dealers and get good prices.I pay and get my audio gear.No waiting,no hassle.

Still its true sometimes you can find a super deal online...as well as in the used secion in many audio shops.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I've used ubid too many frigging times. I've been burnt by them so many times ...I have also gotten some great deals though. I keep saying to myself and them that I'll never use the m again but I still do! The deals are good and that bidding style of buying is addictive. They know this too ...it's a hook!

My advice to people using ubid is make sure you have plenty of limit left on your credit card and most importantly pay the few dollars extra and get overnight delivery. It's very much worth it because the item actually does show up the next day instead of 16 days later. I bid on my ksw15 on 10/30. Won the bid that night ($349). The item was delievered today on 11/01! That's not bad.

-Don

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-01-2001 at 10:34 PM

I have had a similar experience on ubid. It took a long time for my speakers to come in, however if money is an issue it's tough to turn their prices if they have the product you want. When I priced the quintet system at a dealer, it was on sale for $800. I think it retailed $900. That includes 4 satellites, frt ctr, and the KSW-10. I bought my speakers on ubid for $700, except I got a KSC-C1 ctr and a KSW-15 sub.

Another important thing I learned is that if you do buy klipsch online make sure you do buy from ubid or outpost if you want klipsch to honor any warranty. Those 2 .coms are the only authorized online dealers for klipsch. 1-800-klipsch.

Mikecwm7.gif

The time for delivery of Ubid are vary from product to product, I order a C1 and Quintets from them at the same day with UPS ground, the C1 arrived few days later but it's been almost two weeks now and the Quintet haven't arrived...

Fuzz

------------------

Denon 3300

Klipsch RF-3II

Klipsch RC-3II

Klipsch Quintets surround

M&K MX-350 THX sub

Toshbia 6200 DVD player

Yamaha CDC-675 Changer

Toshbia 43HX70 HDTV

Fuzzy that's why I use next day air when I order from Ubid. It's only about $10 more per product and if it is really late arriving (3 days to a week or more) you can get reimbursed for the shipping money in the future.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

In Process means between a few days and a few weeks - sorry, don't mean to discourage but that was my experience. on the positive side, they all came in great condition - bought speakers and acurus amps. notice i said speakers but no brand ... too embarrased to mention here ... honestly it wasn't for me!!!

I have items that are still "in credit card processing" yet I've been enjoying them at home for a week now! They just emaile dme yesterday telling me that an item I had ordered was about to be shipped ...to bad I got it about 9 days ago! They are really behind the eight ball on most things ...'cept for prices! cwm17.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Albany.gif

Ubid and Outpost are both authorized to sell Klipsch online, therefore giving you a full Klipsch warranty. There are other Internet sites though allowed to sell Klipsch product to you if you are in their selling area. Use our Dealer Locator on our website to find authorized dealers, and if the one in question is not there, call 1-800-KLIPSCH and they will be able to tell you if it is authorized or not.

PhilH

Phil - It appears, from the outpost.com web site, that Tweeter is actually the vendor being used, and they have restrictions on the states they can ship to. See

http://shop3.outpost.com/template/boutiques/klipsch/product_navigation/spot16/

It seems from a quick look that those might just be the states where Tweeter has stores, but I could be wrong. If that's the case, aren't they just doing what any dealer is allowed to do - sell over the Internet as long as it is within their local service area?

Doug:

That's correct. Outpost can ship Klipsch product in those marketing areas of the US which are also served by a physical Tweeter storefront. Our authorized

dealers can sell on their own websites to their respective marketing areas. Ubid (which sells Klipsch closeouts for us) can ship anywhere in the US.

PhilH

Hey, sorry haven't checked on this post in a while...hehe

My speakers are do in wendz...thats 3 weeks later....really irritating! But atleast they finaly shipped (after 5 increasingly angry emails!)

I have no idea when my sub is do in (Crazy Eddies), they give you absolutely no shipping information...i sent them an email and all they said was this... "Your order was processed on 10/18/2001...Tvs and Speakers take 10-14 working days to recieve"

Also worth noting....they have already put the charge on my credit card...

So i'v come to the conclusion that they are waiting for one to be stolen so they can ship it! LOL

- Oh and to the Ear...eventually when i'm making more cash i'll shop at my local tweeter...but for now i'm stuck ordering off the net!

------------------

- arrow

This message has been edited by Farrow on 11-06-2001 at 12:21 PM

there's a big dif buying klipsch from Ubid & crazy ed.

ubid is an authorized dealer, crazy not. if crazy goes under (again) u're not the original buyer from an authorized dealer in klipsch's eyes, so no klipsch warranty coverage.

i've never had any prob w/ ubid on both my acurus & C7 & sitting here w/ full warranty coverage on each. did buy my B&K from uncle's so hope they stay around. cwm35.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 11-06-2001 at 01:25 PM

Buying online is okay as long as you have time to let the vendors obtain and ship the product. If you haven't got the time, go to hi-fi buys and pay retail.

I wouldn't pay retail for Klispch products therefore I put up with the online hassles. I've bought 5 Klipsch speakers online from 2 different vendors. My parents just received a pair of sf-2's yesterday from an online vendor. It was about a month wait but they eventually delivered.

Just my two cents worth--I would not deal with uBid. My LAST order (Klipsch) with them I spent several emails and over 2 1/2 hours on hold over the course of a week trying to figure out the status of my order, only to have them finally send me an e-mail telling me that they made a mistake and didn't have the item in stock. If you think it's just a little difficult dealing with them and you just have to wait a little longer to get your order, give their customer service number a call. IF you're lucky enough not to get a busy signal, plan on being on hold around an hour.

I'm willing to put up with some extra grief for the lower on-line prices, but uBid isn't worth the hassle.