Bose Wave Cannon

CAS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any large Klipsch sounds great with tubes,of all the Heritage speakers I heard with tubes,all sounded nothing less than great. Who knows I may opne day decide to get me some real Klipsch,a new pair of K-Horns.

johny has heard 2 of them running before many hours, mounted about 16

feet high, in the corner of ceiling an wall, lenthwise A BOSE

INSTALLATION

{via bose instructions} ,in semi large building ,would have been a

lesser joke,if they were stenciled yellow SEWER PIPE-------US

PIPE-------------SEWER PIPE-------US PIPE-----Tower Records use to run

them too ,noNads ,here's another one that just makes ya bust a noNad ,

a cylinder stick doodad,by golly it will revolutionize the sound

renforcement industry, throw away you backline equipment,throw away

your moniters,throw away your large "PA" speakers,throw away you 18''

floor pounder subs,throw away your ATA cases,throw away the front of

house sound board &guys ,this does it all{boses propaganda

copy},{jerry my contact at GC showed it to me, after playing a tweed

combo, a Jeff Beck favorite used on "Blow by Blow and" Wired", this amp

was not design for heavy distortion, but due to it's low power,it is

ideal fo uncopromising overdrive sound}so johnys got Beck &Tweed

boiling in his blood, an they fire up this ,goonie goonie goo goo,

cylinder stick,an my transverse colon goes into spastic laughter

baaahaaa ,pft, but they say they sell three a day ,at the local GC,

an just laff their aces off, baaaaaahaaaaa pft

post-16352-13819298100536_thumb.jpg

Bill, I think ol' PWK made just such a statement with his all-wood Jubilees. If only Klipsch would produce them, dammit. IMHO the Jubilees are a work of art for the eyes and ears!

jt1stcav,

Preach it brother! I hope we get to here the Jubilee in Hope again. I'd like to hear if my memory of it is still the same. One way or another I will have a Jubilee's one day.

As for the bose cannon thing I must say I am hugely confused...... I mean that thing falls of the WAF factor scale.

I think most have forgotten the Bose Cannon isn't a home install, it's commercial. And I'm sure it's not supposed to be highly visible. You really could hide those things in the rafters with the plumbing and electrical.

People have associated the Bose name with little cubes and nothing more. I have no doubt that Bose engineers are quite intelligent. The 901's are great little speakers, and some of the commercial products I took a look at appear high quality.

You just won't catch me with little rubix cubes on my mantle.

Is that Jubilee nice or what? Damn they would look good down in my room, and not too many people would have them, have to give that some thought.

About Bose bashing, don't you guys get tired bashing other peoples equipment? Not everyone has (A) the room for bigger gear,(B) some folks just want to turn on equipment, and play music© don't really care what kind of equipment they own(D) buy the Bose system, take it home plug it in, not a hobby to them. Every person has different needs, and if you live in an apartment with thin walls, you can't crank it anyway, and a Bose system is fine. I think they sound great at LOW volume, the problem is when you crank the Bose up, the little mini ones, their weakness shows up, but most people don't turn it that high, so they aren't aware of their shortcomings.

I understand this is a Klipsch Forum, and Klipsch is the main topic, but there are other speakers out there, that people like better, for whatever reason. If everyone just owned Klipsch speakers, everything would sound the same, nothing to compare them to, nothing to talk about. You buy what equipment You want, let others buy what they want.

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone always has the need to bash Bose in the first place.

It's called insecurity. [:D]

They have been able to market their brand of innovation more successfully than most audio company's; Klipsch included.

It's

because most of their consumer based HT systems selling ARE junk.

This forum may be a little different because it's 'klipsch' specific,

but try asking for recommendations for a Bose Surround system at any

Hi-Fi forum. Try your luck at Ecoustics, Audioholics, AVS, or any

of the major forums and see what kind of response you get.

About Bose bashing, don't you guys get tired bashing other peoples

equipment? Not everyone has (A) the room for bigger gear,(B) some folks

just want to turn on equipment, and play music© don't really care

what kind of equipment they own(D) buy the Bose system

Anyway

you slice it, or dice it, that would be terrible advice to give if you

know anything about Bose. That's because there are many

comperable sat-systems selling on the market that will run circles

around bose performance wise for less. If you check their

frequency response, you'll find huge holes large enough to drive

a truck through. There are numerous respected companies who sell

sat-systems that are worthy of recommendation, but Bose is NOT one of

those. It's no wonder Bose refuses to publish specs for much of

their product line. The whole point of these forums are to educate

those who

dont know any better, and pointing out the fact that the bose sat

systems fail to even quality as "Low-fi" fall within those paramaters.

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone always has the need to bash Bose in the first place.

It's called insecurity. [:D]

They have been able to market their brand of innovation more successfully than most audio company's; Klipsch included.

It's because most of their consumer based HT systems selling ARE junk. This forum may be a little different because it's 'klipsch' specific, but try asking for recommendations for a Bose Surround system at any Hi-Fi forum. Try your luck at Ecoustics, Audioholics, AVS, or any of the major forums and see what kind of response you get.

Permit me to clarify......

Bose is a very successfull company. They sell lots of products to many people. I was not saying their products were in any way superior OR desirable, from an audiophile's perspective, comparable to Klipsch. That should not HAVE to be said in this forum.

I would think that anyone who can understand the differences between Klipsch and Bose would already know that.

The "insecurity" I was referring to is the infantile need to bash in order to boost one's ego. It's akin to going on a Ferrarri foum and bashing Yugo's.

I don't need to go to ANY forums to be fed more bashing of ANY brand. It's as much a waste of time there, as here.

BTW, those various pics of Klipsch wooden horns (including the Photoshopped one) were great!!! It's spooky when you see someone else has been thinking the same things....

Lately, I've been day-dreaming about a Kustom Klipschorn or La Scala that I thought could be made. The corner horn / bass horn would not change.

For the mid-range and tweeter, I'd like to see both horns, carved by computer, out of wood. They would be very visible, along with the crossover and drivers, not hidden inside a cabinet.

The crossover is already a work of art. The drivers might need some snap-on covers designed to upgrade their appearance. But for everything else, form is function.

I think it would be a great way of differentiating Klipsch Heritage gear in the marketplace.

The thing you guys are missing, especially buckeye, is that those Bose sub-sat systems are designed to be discreet, almost hidden, have a somewhat fullrange sound, and be simple to setup and operate with as few pieces of equipment as possible.

Being the fact that Bose uses either a single or dual 5.25" woofers in the subs, and produce the amount of bass that they do at the volumes they reach is pretty impressive. The fact that they can take a couple of small 1" drivers and produce a somewhat full sounding midrange and treble, and play as loud as they do is pretty impressive. The fact they put an entire stereo system; tuner, cd player, dvd player, surround sound system, etc, etc... (minus the speakers) into a single unit the size of a Rega Planet CD player is pretty impressive.

When you ACTUALLY consider what that entire system is comprised of and what it CAN do, it's pretty impressive.

If you want to do any kind of comparisons between Bose and other companies, then compare their bookshelf and floorstanding speakers to other companies bookshelf and floorstanding speakers of comparable size, NOT comparable price.

That's the problem with you people, you compare anything and everything from other companies to the Acoustimass (sp??) systems, and that's not even close to being fair to Bose.

Say what you all want, I don't really give a crap. I have absolutely no problems with Bose, and one day I just might buy a pair of their 901's if I find a good deal on a pair.

Bash away!

About Bose bashing, don't you guys get tired bashing other peoples equipment? Not everyone has (A) the room for bigger gear,(B) some folks just want to turn on equipment, and play music© don't really care what kind of equipment they own(D) buy the Bose system

Anyway you slice it, or dice it, that would be terrible advice to give if you know anything about Bose. That's because there are many comperable sat-systems selling on the market that will run circles around bose performance wise for less. If you check their frequency response, you'll find huge holes large enough to drive a truck through. There are numerous respected companies who sell sat-systems that are worthy of recommendation, but Bose is NOT one of those. It's no wonder Bose refuses to publish specs for much of their product line. The whole point of these forums are to educate those who dont know any better, and pointing out the fact that the bose sat systems fail to even quality as "Low-fi" fall within those paramaters.

If you insist on quoting people, POST THE WHOLE QUOTE not just what suits your point, that is unfair, if you want to bash Bose, use your words not mine. Not everyone cares about the equipment, all they want is a system to play music PERIOD. They don't care about SPL, tweeters vs. horns doesn't matter to them, how many watts per channel, they don't care, Bose probably doesn't list specs because Joe Average Consumer doesn't care, are you getting the point yet?

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone always has the need to bash Bose in the first place....

I say leave Bose alone! They have their own part of the market as does Klipsch, as does McIntosh, as does Wilson Audio, etc, etc, etc...

For the same reason you bash any product you've ever bashed (*cough* klipsch subs *cough*). [:P]

Some people previously thought Bose was all the rage and then they "saw the light" and are just sharing their "epiphany".

Heck, I grew up in the studio and thought Bose was all the rage until maybe 5 years ago. They aren't that bad...just way overpriced. But you can't sell an image without a big price tag.

But you definetly can't ignore the price altogether as we live in a world with limited funds.

They aren't that bad...just way overpriced. But you can't sell an image without a big price tag.

But you definetly can't ignore the price altogether as we live in a world with limited funds.

And Klipsch isn't overpriced?!

The new Cornwalls are $3700+ a pair, when we ALL know we can buy the same exact parts and probably build a better enclosure for a little over a grand. The Khonrs are over $7000 a pair. They both use they same exact drivers, just different networks.

Face it, most all companies are overpriced these days.

The new Cornwalls are $3700+ a pair, when we ALL know we can buy the same exact parts and probably build a better enclosure for a little over a grand. The Khonrs are over $7000 a pair. They both use they same exact drivers, just different networks.

Face it, most all companies are overpriced these days.

The new cornwalls MSRP for $3500 and should sell in stores for around $2900. And I really don't think you can purchase new parts and beat the performance for the same amount of money: $150 woofer, $250 squaker driver, $50 squaker lense, $150 tweeter, $200 crossover, $300 cabinet = $1100. So a pair would cost you $2200 at the bare minimum just to match performance - and that doesn't include shipping costs or the value of one's time.

Now compare that to 50 cent drivers, no crossover, and a $10 cabinet x 5...all selling for the same price...

"The new Cornwalls are $3700+ a pair, when we ALL know we can buy the

same exact parts and probably build a better enclosure for a little

over a grand. The Khonrs are over $7000 a pair. They both use they same

exact drivers, just different networks."

Sorry Chops, but you've been calling me out on every little thing. Nope, they WERE the same drivers, not anymore. Fact check please.

You know, when ever I talk to people, they always mention bose because it's such a well known brand. It's like comparing honda to subaru, west coast. Most people will prefer to buy honda any day over subaru because it's very well known and it does work very well. Subaru is grea too.

I also think that Bose has really nice advertisements that makes it look very classy and appeal more towards the fashionably minded. Their products look really cool and sound good. Klipsch isn't as well known, but I prefer their sound over bose. My dad was a JBL and BOSE lover, I'm a Klipsch lover. I suppose I just love the brightness of music.

And btw I believe people like to crack on bose a lot because Klipsch lovers have a lot of pride and focus more on the sound that the average bose listener. This is my opinion, not fact. Bose people, to me, seem a bit wealthier and care more about the style. Since the Klipsch fans are a lot smaller than the BOSE fans we have to compensate by belittling the other people. Take a really small guy and put him into a group of tall people in basketball. The little guy usually will be overly active to compensate for his size. Just my 2 cents.