Painted Khorns :(

meagain

Do people not know how to paint properly anymore? And have people lost all creativity? Or is it the fact that mostly men are doing the painting? Whenever I see painted heritage, it most always looks like someone slapped a coat of primer on them. With a brush!

I truely believe some of these old klipsch could look killer with paint. Some day I swear I'm going to find a beat up pair of birch khorns for cheap and do something interesting with them.

I've seen a stark white khorn before in a pic. Modern style setting. Decorator (my personal holy grail), and it looked smashing. But this one.... ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipschorn-Heritage-loud-speakers_W0QQitemZ7416433610QQcategoryZ47094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first set of Khorns I bought were white and looked exactly like the ones in this auction except with black grill cloth. They were actually painted with regular interior wall paint! It seems this was done as an attempt to have them blend in. No, they don't look very good. I still have them and eventually plan on doing a complete refinish when I get some time.

By the way, I happened to purchase them from a lady...

If they were owned by Michael Dell, I bet with the right coupon code you can get them for $300.

They would look better if they had Frigidaire tags on them. [;)]

When you see these big speakers painted up, that means a man owned them and a woman disowned them.

Hard to tell if the paint job is any good with those tiny pictures but white would be fine in the right room. As odd as it looks you gotta give the person credit for being original.

Meagin, sounds like your significant other does not or can not paint.....[:o]

I find that 90% of women to be the worst decoraters. (My wife included) When women are given a brush They dont know what end to hold. All you have to do is look at the dumb outfits they weare & you can imagine what the house looks like. I dont know why you guys put up with this crap. Get a professional designer in there and have it done right. If the wife objects get rid of her & move in the decorater. Painting a Klipschorn is the work of Satan.