If you like vinyl this is worth a read...

maxg

Oh, holy cr@p! That's not a turntable, that's an audio engineer's cocaine induced wet dream. For all the $$$ and all that effort, the results bloody better be nothing less than stunning (it sounds like they were).

Max - when I win the lotto, I'll buy one of these and fly you over to check it out.

What's stopping me? Oh about $75,000!!!!

Actually that is the price for the whole lot of stuff from Walker - much of which I would not bother with - at least initially....[;)]

From memory the table and arm is something in the region of $45,000. Still too rich for my blood - I just like to know it is out there for reasons I have never managed to fathom.

And for that kind of money you do seem to get very good individual attention.

"And for that kind of money you do seem to get very good individual attention"

Max buddy, for that kind of money I would expect the MAN himself to show up at your door for setup[:o]

I'll go one up Max, if I hit the Powerball I'll buy you one because I know if anybody on this site would truly appreciate it it's you[;)]

HOLYSMOKINMOTHERMARY

Whell,

You buy it - and I will come and at least watch the setup - point is that the manufacturer comes anyway to install it - but I wouldn't mind comparing notes on linear arms....

Kaiser,

Too generous....way too generous.

What this does illustrate, however, rather nicely - is that I am very much at the cheap end of lunacy when it comes to high end tables. There are many that are $50k+ out there against which mine seems like a positive bargain.

Relativity in all things. In the ACA I am a wonder of frugal audio with the question being - how did I get such great sound from such a cheap player (and lets not even discuss the cartridge). On here I am the high end table nut.

Go figure.

That's a whole lot of eye-candy and I suspect some of the cabling is

pure snake oil, but what struck me most is such fine gear in such a

crummy listening room.

That rooms only big enough for Heresy's.

Thanks for posting this Max.

What this does illustrate, however, rather nicely - is that I am very much at the cheap end of lunacy when it comes to high end tables. There are many that are $50k+ out there against which mine seems like a positive bargain.

Relativity in all things. In the ACA I am a wonder of frugal audio with the question being - how did I get such great sound from such a cheap player (and lets not even discuss the cartridge). On here I am the high end table nut.

Go figure.

Max,

I'd love to audition that Walker vinyl system, but I would need serious Mega Lottery jackpot help to own it.

Nevertheless, there are some elements in this system which can be incorporated in more pedestrian systems to improve playback. Attention was devoted to areas that are often considered "wasted money" by many. Among them, quality cabling, both power and interconnects, a turntable motor controller, component resonance(vibration) control, power line enhancer, and even the component rack, are all areas where most true vinyl enthusiast can reap audible benefits. I think my system has been improved by devoting attention to these areas, so it is great to see them, and how they are incorporated, in a "no holds barred" playback system. (I am a bit surprised that they did not incorporate a three point support rack system, especially since they employed it with the components.)

Klipsch out.

Interior decorating 101.

Don't put expensive stuff in front of windows.

Why do so many people think that in front of the window is the prime spot for audio gear. It ruins the views and exposes gear to potentially damaging direct UV rays.

Michael

I never ceased to be amazed at how much rich "suckers" are willing to dump on the snake oil sellers to have "the best." Audiophiles seem to have elevated it to the level of mental illness. I recently had the misfortune to have to listen to one of these megabucks systems with huge, ugly speakers hooked up with what looked like welding cable to a box in the middle of the floor. The only thing that impressed me was the prices this guy was quoting, the sound was not even up to par with my Cornwalls. But that was the point, wasn't it? The prices? Unfortunately for him, my overall impression was that he was an idiot with no ear for music or sound. Since I was drinking his booze, though, I just smiled and told him how pretty all the stuff is.

Actually, I'd rather have this EMT at $2247:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:112&item=220000197435&id=

or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMT-930-ST-BROADCAST-TURNTABLE-NICE-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ9721023536QQcategoryZ48649QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

which didn't meet reserve at $2929, and just forget about all the audiophile nonsense like supporting the speaker wires off the floor so that none of the music leaks out into the carpet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:112&item=220000197435&id=

or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMT-930-ST-BROADCAST-TURNTABLE-NICE-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ9721023536QQcategoryZ48649QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

which didn't meet reserve at $2929, and just forget about all the audiophile nonsense like supporting the speaker wires off the floor so that none of the music leaks out into the carpet.

Wow, this is the first time I actually agree with Parrot (and I did hear the Walker turntable more than once....)

or this one:

Wow, this is the first time I actually agree with Parrot (and I did hear the Walker turntable more than once....)

Bingo!

Idler wheels rule . . .

DId I see a 99 cent power cord in one of the pictures? That will just ruin the entire system. Especially the air suspension. Imagine all that noise and emi causeing uneven air pressure! The pump motor is a difficult inductive load. For that you need at least a double helix wound, Mongolian silver cable with Egyptian Camel tail hair insulation. Hand wound by virgins under 10 years old from the South Solomon Islands-very rare these days. You did know that the estrogen in teen girls causes the Egyptian Camel hair to go stiff. Right? These guys just have not got a clue to what they are doing!