Burning Down the House

Zen Traveler

Burning Down the House has become my new #1 favorite song to show off my Klipsch Home Theater's sonic performance. [Y] It can be found on the Talking Heads Dualdisk "Speaking in Tongues." Slippery People, is equally sublime. If you clicked on this thread because you remember an experience connected to this song in your younger days you are in for a real multi-channel treat. [:)]

I also purchased "More Songs about Buildings and Food" and "Little Creatures," both of which aren't bad (and if you are a fan of the group quite good) and have excellent renditions of their singles. Take me to the River was/is a natural for multi-channel--Stay up Late still brings a smile to my face.

I don't know if the later 2 were worth the price but "Speaking in Tongues," is a must have for high-rez head boppin aficionados. [H]

The Name of This Band is the Talking Heads is incredible--for the longest time it wasn't available on disc-- 2discs better than Stop Making Sense--its my favorite. Crisp sound and great songs from two periods--

Compilation disks are great.[:)] FYI, The Speaking in Tongues Dualdisk I speak of has 6 clean & separate channels of tremendous sound with a High Resolution DVD-A track, as well as a 5.1 Dolby track--Incredible! [H]

The Stop Making Sense DVD is a phenomenal recording! Just played it again last night and I am impressed all to hell! Certainly in my top 5! When you play it make sure you monitor the Feature Film setting and not the Studio 5.1 setting. Head and shoulders better!

Mike

You are so very right about Speaking in Tongues! It is a great CD to turn up your Klipsch and show what they can do. It is such a smooth and clean recorded CD. Good solid bass with never allowing it to go out of control. Highs and mids the same way. Very high volumes can be reached with no worry about your speakers doing something odd. No distortion and so very well recorded. One of those old recordings that they just got it all right in the studio. I really enjoy turning this CD up to rock the house or should I say Burning Down The House. A fun CD. Go get one and turn it up!

• 1 month later...

My wife's at work and he gave me list of things she would like to see done before she gets home. Unfortunately when I went for the bottled water in my fridge I realized it barely had a hint of ice in it. That means the Belhaven Scottish Ales in the shelf above are in the same state and I don't feel yard work would be conducive to consumption. It cooled down here to 99 degrees but I digress...

I finally purchased my fourth Talking Heads DVDA/Dual disk, "Remain in Light", because I liked the song Once in a Lifetime. I had been holding off after being so impressed with "Speaking in Tongues," but only liking a couple of songs on the other disks. This one had some real surprises for me. There are several good songs and only a few that aren't so impressive. The surround mixes are outstanding and the subwoofers hit pretty low and hard on several songs including Houses in Motion and Once in a lifetime. IMO, this is worth the $$. [G]