Vinyl collection for sale in Missouri

Due to financial hard times, I am forced to sell my Lp's collection. This really saddens me, but I have no other choice.

I have been an avid vinyl collector for 15 years and have amassed a collection of at least 4,000 lp's. It consists of mostly 60's-early 70's rock (lots of obscure 60's bands), and approx. 500 jazz lp's (including some 50's-60's 47th St. BlueNotes, Norgran, etc.). There are also approx. 75 blues titles. I don't have a list of it, but in the last 15 years I have peice by peice handpicked alot of nice stuff. Lots of time, money and effort has gone into it, which has been something that I have enjoyed immensly. The collection does not have any of the common 50's pop stuff. Lots of white label promo's, picture discs, colored vinyl and excellent condition vinyl. I have always been very picky on vinyl condition. This represents 15 years of my life and has wowed everyone who has seen it. The collection has not been, nor will it be picked over. It is being offered 100% of what I have collected over the years.

I live in the SW corner of Missouri, and am needing $5,000 for the collection. This averages approx. $1.25 per lp. It includes approx. 75 MFSL and Japanese pressing of rock and Jazz. Including the MFSL of CSN&Y Deja Vu in M- condition, which is one of my favs. Lots of Led Zep (including a very rare german pressing titled Led Zeppelin 1st and 2nd) that you can find info on by google searching 50 rarest Led Zeppelin records. It is #18 I think.

This is not a collection of junk, this was all hand picked individually by me. I have also picked up alot of obscure rock and psych groups. Chocolate Watchband, 13th Floor Elevators, still sealed Bubble Puppy lp, lots of Zep, Floyd, Hendrix, Dylan (some WLP stuff). Way too much for me to list, but wanted to give some idea of what is in there.

I use this same moniker on eBay, Audiogon, vinylasylum and audiokarma. My feedback rating (mostly from buying) is 100% positive, so check out my eBay feedback to learn a little more about me. This collection is worth driving a ways for. I offered it first to Gilbert, since he lives only 100 miles from me, but it was more vinyl than he was interested in, which I can understand. This is a nice big collection.

If you have any questions, you can either post them here or feel free to email me. I am in dire straights, otherwise this would never be sold until I am planted.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

dwi, Hope is about 5 hours from here and I can't attend. I would love to, but it won't be possible. I would have to rent a Uhaul truck and make the drive, and right now there is no way I can do that. I am 100 miles north of Tulsa on I-44.

rplace, Lebanon is east of my about 100 miles, straight shot on I-44. Our local high school football team is in the same conference as Lebanon, so it may not even be that far.

Hopefully someone here can take advantage of this offer and get themselves a great deal and help me out at the same time.

I forgot to mention I am including 3 commercial Lp display racks. These are 3 tiered racks holding 4 rows of LP's with each being approx. 4'6" wide. These are not homemade racks, they are heavy MDF construction with sliding doors below. Each rack holds approx. 700 Lp on top, with storage for about 1000 lp's below. These 3 racks will hold all of the Lp's, with storage for about another 1,000 below.

Steve

Steve, if you need help, I could deliver it to Hope this weekend for you. Just let me know.

Folks, Steve is a great guy and a very straight shooter. If he says he has some good stuff, he has the shizz. From talking with him, the financial hole has to be a VERY pressing one to force him into selling his beloved vinyl.

I can also hook up with Lou, Tom, or Steve Pick in St. Louis if you want, Steve. Give me a ring at your convenience.

I should also mention that the Lp racks came from a local used record, book, comic book store that moved into a new building and purchased new wire display racks. I didn't want to give the impression that I have been an Lp dealer, I am not nor have ever been. Just a very addicted collector and music lover.

I am taking this major stride trying to keep from losing my home. My wife isn't even aware of the depth of our trouble, and hoping to avoid telling her until I have found the solution. This is all due to my trying to financially help my family (84 year old mom and disabled brother) when I couldn't help as much as I have done. Sometimes a man just has to do what he has to do, but I have overextended and by being able to help them keep their house, have just about lost my own. Tough situation, but now sure how I could have done it differently. Just tough times I guess. This money will get all back on track and I won't let it get behind again.

Sorry to ramble, just felt a little explanation might bring things into focus, for me at least. I just made the decision this morning that selling my collection was what I HAD to do.

Steve

Thanks for your well wishes guys. All I can do is put one foot in front of the other and hope and pray all works out. It is a pretty critical situation at this point. But I am remaining optomistic. When reading what some others are going thru, my troubles are small.

Steve

The collection has not been, nor will it be picked over. It is being offered 100% of what I have collected over the years.

That's a key thing, as you no doubt know. A vulture can swoop down and deplete a good portion of the value of a collection by culling out just a small number of the very best titles, and leaving the rest. Stick to your guns and sell it as a whole. Although, actually, I'd sell the jazz section and the blues section separately--the others I'd keep together.

Good luck to you.

It's sad you have to let them go, but congratulations to you for

stepping up and taking care of your parents, like I'm sure they have

taken care of you.

The margin of financial comfort and economic disaster is a thin one in

our country for most folks, despite the seemingly rosy job

numbers. We'll be seeing a lot more of this as people my age get

a little farther down the road.

'Till then, best of luck. You are doing a very good thing.

I'm can only imagine what you must be going through. It would certainly take a very desperate situation for me to sell all my records.

If you decide to split the jazz from the rest as Paul suggested, I'm sure there would be a few of us ready to pounce.

Best of luck to you.

P.S. Hey Travis - Do you know what 4,000 LPs look like? You better rent a Uhaul!

Travis, sorry it isn't going to work out, but I fully understand. I do appreciate your interest.

Folks, this collection is still for sale. If anyone is interested, please email me or add to this thread. I will be checking it a few times a day. If you like 60's-early 70's rock, jazz and blues this would make a good addition to your collection, or give you an instant collection.

Steve

Still kicking the idea around now that I know my friend in Lebanon is close. However I still have to get them 1/2 way across the country and that is a huge undertaking.

Sounds like a great collection and a labor of love for the last 15 years. I am sure he is sad to see them go. I wish he could find another solution.