An Update from Hope...

It is all good, I will be sure and try and find a appropriate pic of you, too, Dr. Who and post later.. Can't a guy get a rest and lean back, close his eyes, and say, ahhh yesss THESE are niiiiiiice.

Hope is a wonderful small little town I think were invading the plant with a lot of people this weekend really the first time anything like this has ever happened in Hope. I really "hope" people come together and appreciate BOTH sides.. (The people that build the speakers we love, and the forum "crazies" at their own expense, that travel to be here to celebrate this audio hobby with them!) It helps to be appreciated on both sides.

Dinner tonight, BBQ ribs, OMG good at Uncle Henry's? mmmmmmm.

See everyone here at 1 pm for the working plant tour..

KLIPSCH ROCKS!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Dr. Who,

Please fill out a job application while you are there.

No kidding! I have a feeling some lifelong friendships will develop this weekend.

Hey Mike ( I guess we can get personal and use 'real' names for a bit?)- man am I proud of you, that last post really showed you opening up and having some fun. I especially like the way you bully the older guys around, poking fun and not taking any crp from anyone! You're becoming like Trey's evil henchman! LOL It's gonna be insane at the show Saturday night, especially considering the pink cloud everyone will be floating on after the plant visit on Friday/ all night listening sessions, then the full tour on Saturday.

Just remember guys- you're going to experience a lot of diff systems this weekend. Keep your ears fresh for your listening session with Roy Sat afternoon by keeping the volume moderate and taking frequent breaks. I won't be there to 'police' the volume knobs so just look out for each other okay?

Michael

I just got off the phone with Todd BSButton. He has no excuse for not getting his butt down there. I told him to call Forrest WooDog and tell him he'd pick him up in 30 minutes. It'd be a shame for a couple of real Klipsch fans who have no excuse to miss this event to not attend.

I told Todd I'd expect a status report in the morning when they arrive. Y'all welcome them and find em some accomodations, k?

Michael

Hey guys! Thanks for thinking of BS and me. I do hope BS gets the 'wild hair' and drives down, but for me, I definitely can't make it.

Reading Who's adventures with audio engineers and the list of gear that'll be there just makes me want to

[:'(][:'(][:'(]

I'll definitely be keeping up with the reports coming in. Y'all have a good'un.

Woo

I may just have to send Dr. Who my Pink Floyd Live T-Shirt when I saw them Live outdoor in Mannheim, W. GE 1988! What a show - Incredible! I only wore it a couple of times but it has been washed a few times but is still servicable. I also have a new Van Halen TS I could send, I don't wear them anymore.

The roadie attire you know!

Keep the reports coming!

I must be the biggest candy *** of them all. Here I sit, at home. Who's got some pics?

BS

....."I must be the biggest candy *** of them all.".....

True.

I needed you here to help me with Cullison. He is a real hand full.[D][;)]

Had the dbb's at 118db with the two Luxmans. That B. Slammin!

Best regards,

Terry

10 am and NO NEWS? ?? wtf, you guys must have gotten RIPPED last night, or Trey worked everyone too hard!

Have fun at the tour today. Make notes of your experiences when you get back to hotel or please post here.

Then parrrrtttaaaayyyy down tonight. Doc says the sound setup is fricken awesome!

Michael

Don't know about them Colter, but we sure had some strange weather here in Broken Arrow. I lost 2 tree's. It was very very windy, and we even got a short burst of hail, nickle and dime size. It was very loud in the house with all the hail, and my wife lost her favorite tree.

I really wanted to go, but between the past few weeks of longer than normal hours and my killing myself all this week in anticipation for the Big Event, I'm just too tired to make the drive. I'm feeling really bummed-out right now, and just want to jump in my car go. It's only 4 1/2 hours away. Crapp, I'll have to pass her up again..... shyt.

I suppose another update is due and all I can say is Holy Freaken Awesome WOW! [:)] I've been trying to think of words to describe things so far and it's hard to do - this was absolutey the best everything of a weekend. So where did I leave off?

Ah yes...setting up the tent. I think most of that got covered in the other thread, but what wasn't mentioned was how Roy and I believe Steve Philips stayed behind to finish while everyone else went to the plant tour.

The plant tour was rather interesting. I've been really stoked the last few days about all the cool engineering stuff, but in the end someone has gotta build it - a great idea doesn't mean much if it can't be built. The part I found most impressive was how efficient the place is run - something like 98% of their products are entirely correct on the first try. And I believe it was mentioned that of the remaining two percent 80% is due to failure in preassembled (so basically not Klipsch's mistake...). The downside is that it was loud as all heck in there and we could barely understand the tour guide. We also got to see the 60th Anniversary KHorns being built as well as a crap load and a half of RF-83's. One thing I think a lot of people will like is that EVERY single product Klipsch builds is tested before it leaves the facility - and they have pretty strict standards too.

After the tour it was time to head back to the FarmHouse and take the PA equipment out into the backyard where the tent was. It took a while to get everything going and as could be expected we ran into a bunch of hurdles. We didn't 'finish' setting up into way late in the evening and even then we weren't completely finished. I would very much like it if some of you guys that took pictures of the booth could post a few...it was like a 'big boys fort' for sound/lighting/recording/video equipment [H] And yes, we so totally blew the cobwebs out of the system...man that system could really pound.

Since it took so long to setup the PA I didn't get much time inside the farmhouse where all the gear was playing, but I made a point to go in and listen to JC's DBB with altec squaker and JBL tweeter. The song I listened to was track 10 from Cirque du Soleil's "Le Best Of" album. I think I'll throw a real review of the speakers into another thread. I also got a chance to briefly listen to BEC's tweeter / crossover in a khorn which I'll throw in that thread too [;)] I spent most of my freetime outside with the PA system because they were blasting the volume nonstop in the house...at one point I measured 126dB (A weighted!)...we had the PA on outside and could plainly here the stuff going on inside the house - it was bloody insane. Besides, the system outside sounded better anyway [;)][:P] (the acoustics in the farmhouse were very crappy).

But ya, I got to meet a lot of cool people that day and it was a blast. My favorite part about these trips is meeting everyone as it totally puts their posts on the forum into perspective and adds that extra inflection that lacks in writing.

What a long day and I was glad to go to bed...though not looking forward to waking up at 8AM!

So I drug myself outta bed this morning with a hurting shoulder cuz I slept on it funny (which was the same problem that morning of the tent). It has been a most annoying thing to deal with this week, but it's gotten me out of a lot of work [;)] I mean...ummm...all you old farts need the exercise anyway [;)] But seriously, everyone really pitched in this week and helped Trey out a lot. I know I found helping out to be a blast as I'm sure everyone else did - and the best part is the work paid off for even more fun.

At the tour this morning I got to meet a lot more new people and man that was fun. When it comes down to it this hobby revolves around listening to music and I got a crap load of new music recommendations (am I just tired or does that look like a big word? or did I mispell it?). Fini and I were talking about how much of a let down it is to share music and the other person not be interested, but how much fun it is when the other person has never heard it before and totally loves it.

The only new things for me today were the museum and a small little speaker in the engineering listening room. I can't believe how much Jim Hunter knows about the history of audio equipment and it was definitely a real treat to have him leading that aspect of the tour. I can't say I remember much of any of the facts, but it was very much interesting to gain a new perspective of where audio is coming from and seeing where it's going. It's crazy all the different approaches to the reproduction of sound and how many of the old designs are still competitive.

I also went on another tour and spent some time in the listening room with Mark. Things definetly sounded better in there once the room had more than 2 people in it. I was a bit surprised by the RF-83 and Heresy 3, but still love the cornwall...

But the grand daddy of today's tour was the Jubilee. I was kinda hoping to play with time delay and a stereo pair of Jubilees, but that didn't get to happen - maybe next year. I don't think Roy is finished with the crossover, but it is 24dB/octave at 600Hz for all those who were asking. I think Roy is very proud of these speakers and wants to see them in the homes...it doesn't seem too cost prohibitive to get a pair...something like $5k total? Roy mentioned all you gotta do is call the sales dudes and tell them you want "x" part numbers (I will email him for those numbers).

So how did they sound? That'll have to come tomorrow [;)]