Hey guys is there anything new at Hope that you got to demo?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jubilee you see in that picture CAN BE PURCHASED. Roy is still finishing the passive crossover for those that can't afford the active crossover route. If I remember right, the price should be under $10k. I will try to post the actual model numbers that need to be ordered from the sales department.

Mike,

I would be interested in the model #'s for the HF horn and the compression driver used with it.I refer to my Altec 511b's as big ol' horns,somehow they pale in comparison to THAT BIG OL' HORN!!!

They would look nice on top of my LSI bass bins.You said the bass bin was 110db efficient,is the HF section padded down for tonal balance?

Greg

what is the big difference? how much price wise is the active versus the passive?

I don't know any cost structure on the passive but Roy told me his first pick on active x-over was the EV DX-38. I did a lookup on it and I think it retails for $1,300/1,500 range.

Roy said:

I would do active first over passive nets. I really like the EV DX-38 digital processors. They are very flexible and have the one ingredient that I consider a must if one is pursuing actives; delay. If that is the way you want to go, I still have all the parameters to input into the processor to get you going."

Yes,my next active will have delay.

Greg

I think when I do the Jubilee someday it will be with the active crossovers using the time delays that Roy had set for last year. Roy seemed to put alot of stock into time delay for these beauties. Those big horns would look sweet with Jimi airbrushed on them LOL : )

I thought this would be the best place to post a series of my pics. I appreciate what Amy has set up, but thought I would prefer pics to come up in a fuller, post-like size, and flow a narrative along with at least some of them.

I AM going to have to have some of your help in recalling some, maybe many, of the names! Tho' I was sure when introduced that I would remember this or that name, there are several that I can't recall now or am not sure of. So, my apologies in advance, and hopes that you won't be too offended.

The first one is of the Hope Aerodrome, which looks a little empty that time of day. The famous FEMA Southeast US trailer park is in the background.

post-12148-138193011774_thumb.jpg

Now here's that end of the room in its treated greater glory -- the BAT pre setup, an MC-30 sitting in front of a VRD (help on owners, please -- I think the Macs were Audiodad's), and a pair of Luxman SS amps surmounted by a Merlin (ditto on help). The monoblocs were repeated on the left. The large speak in the right corner had a 511B and JBL babycheeks in the top section, and two cornwall setups down below -- two direct radiating K-33E's in ported, not horn-loaded, cabinet sections. The crossovers are sitting on top. Again apologies to whoever furnished these extremely impressive speakers -- all agreed that the mid-range was extremely open and clear.

Kaiser's TT sits on the box underneath the central table.

post-12148-1381930118868_thumb.jpg

This is an early group listen in the same room. I'm going to have to have a LOT of help on names -- those I can ID from L to R in the back are Paul (Me Loves Khorns), Richard (Coytee), Steve at the laptop, I think RichieB, ?JWCullison, Terry, Mick Bell, Dave Musial and some (gasp!) women including Tonya Musial and Mrs. Bell. The presence of women was a real addition, and they also enjoyed talking with each other, surprise, surprise.

In the front L to R were David (Seadog), Tim/Kaiser, and Audiodad.

post-12148-1381930118939_thumb.jpg

Dee appeared, here talking with Paul, who holds his two sons, Michael, L and Paul III, R. Rear, Terry, JWC and ??Seti (Ian) chat in the L rear, Gregg (Fini) talks w/someone on the right. I'm not sure whether that's Cathy (Mrs. Fini) or Verna (Mrs. Picky) or who the other party is in the center rear.

post-12148-1381930119076_thumb.jpg

After a time as more equipment was being tried, Kaiser moved some things into the smaller room -- his BAT pres and TT, the MC-30s, and Paul's K-horns which he'd transported all the way from deep Texas. Coytee joins him on the floor, while the couch-sitters include another fine gentleman, Steve Phillips, and Jim Forney just outside the pic.

post-12148-1381930119232_thumb.jpg

Larry, this is great. You are bringing the weekend back into close memory again.

Yes Terry and I had to rush to get some room treatments in there. The sound was very "live" as you say. You could clap your hands and the sound would go on and on and on.

My Van was loaded with 6 packing blankets already and we used them along the walls. Didn't look good but worked.

jc