Hey guys is there anything new at Hope that you got to demo?

Just wanting to know sorta like what they did at indy last year where they kept quiet about the Cornwall III is there anything that we might see in the future? Did you get to hear the new RF-83??? Did you hear the new RT12d subwoofer? Any stuff that might come out in the near future?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanting to know sorta like what they did at indy last year where they kept quiet about the Cornwall III is there anything that we might see in the future? Did you get to hear the new RF-83??? Did you hear the new RT12d subwoofer? Any stuff that might come out in the near future?

Nothing new that is coming out in the future, and we did not really get to audition any subs. However, I did get to listen to the RF-83s. I'll admit, they are nice, with plenty of bass as well as a touch better mid-range. Personally, I did not think it was enough of an improvment to want to go trade in my RF-7s. However, I'd definitly would love to get to hear them side-by-side to some RF-7s to get a better idea of any differences/improvements. Also, if these had been available when I originally gotten my RF-7s, I'd definitly get the RF-83s.

We also got to listen to the new Cornwall III's. They really did clean them up since last year when we did that blind A/B test. The bass is definitly tighted up and the mid-range is tamed down a little bit (in my opinion). At "only" $3,500/pair, I may seriously consider getting a pair myself. Of course, the K-horns were definitly the "king" here. It is some time away before I consider any dedicated two-channel purchases, though, so got plenty of time to consider/save money (or if a deal I cannot pass up comes up on the second-hand market). The new Heresy III's are really incredible speakers. They are a huge improvement over the Heresy II's. These things had a huge speaker sound out of something maybe a third the size of the full-sized Cornwalls. The Heresy III's and the Cornwall III's share the same tweet/mid-range kit. The only real difference is the smaller woofer and cabinet in the Heresy III's.

And the piece d'reistance is the Jubilee setup. This is something they pretty much got setup with a passive crossover that was pretty much put together over the course a couple days, this thing was unbelievable. It was setup in a two-way configurion of the bass-bin and horn (cannot off-the-top of my head remember the model number). Unfortunatly, it is unlikely we would ever see a "home" version of the Jubilee. I think the reasoning is sound in that for much more money, it is only just that little bit better than the K-horn. It would be nice to see this, but I guess we can only dream. However, there was some talk of making the schematic, and perhaps, even a small run, of the passive crossover that was used in this demonstration available, and anybody interested would then get the commercial version of the Jubilee bass-bin and horn and set this up themselve. Get the raw-birch version and stain/veneer as you see fit.

Also to Add: We also listened to the new version of the LaScala (the LaScala II's), and again, very impressive. It is a tough call between the LaScala and the Cornwall. Personally, I found the Cornwall to a bit more pleasing for me, especially for the type of music that I like to listen to. Still, you certainly won't go wrong with either. It is awesome that Klipsch is willing to maintain, let alone, improve, the heritage line. It is sad to see the Klipsch Belle go, though, but I think seeing the Cornwall come back more than made up for it. Yeah, I could get something off the used market for much less money, but there is something so cool about being able to get a brand-new, fresh from the factory pair of these speakers.

Overall, very instereting listening.

Thanks for the indepth review. A couple questions. Did they hand out free stuff? Did they do a drawing? What was that prize they were going to hand out at the door?

Also How does the rf-83 compare to the Cornwall/Heresy/LaScala?

And any pictures of the Jubilee?

Dang with the no sub audition!!!

Thanks for the indepth review. A couple questions. Did they hand out free stuff? Did they do a drawing? What was that prize they were going to hand out at the door?

That have a couple little trickets they gave away, such a pretty cool coaster/beer mat made of leather with an old picture of PWK on it, as well as some B.S. buttons. Of course, plenty of those nifty product brocers(sp) that Klipsch has. They had two drawings thus far, as per my "special report" posts. The first was Daddy Dee winning a pair of RF-7s and the second begin DTel winning the Cornwall IIIs!

Also How does the rf-83 compare to the Cornwall/Heresy/LaScala?

This is almost an apples to oranges type of comparison. The RF-83s definitly have a more refined sound to them wheras the three Heritage models definitly had a more "in-your-face" presentation. I honostly didn't think one was "better" than the other, and it pretty much does come down to just what type of sound/presentation you want. I personally liked the more refined sound of the RF-83s myself, but at the same time, I also loved that "big" sound as produced by the Heritage. I guess that is why I eventually want to get a second, two-channel system consisting of one of the larger Heritage models (most likely Cornwalls, but K-horns if I can truly swing it). But at the same time, I just cannot let go of my beloved RF-7s, as I just truly love these things, especially paired with that B&K amp that I have.

And any pictures of the Jubilee?

Dang with the no sub audition!!!

Oh yeah, there will be pictures forth-coming of the Jubilee (as I have a couple myself). I probably won't get around to posting any until I get home.

That have a couple little trickets they gave away, such a pretty cool coaster/beer mat made of leather with an old picture of PWK on it, as well as some B.S. buttons. Of course, plenty of those nifty product brocers(sp) that Klipsch has. They had two drawings thus far, as per my "special report" posts. The first was Daddy Dee winning a pair of RF-7s and the second begin DTel winning the Cornwall IIIs!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer folks Enjoy Dtel/Dtel's Wife! Daddy Dee you too! I bet Dtel never thought he would be driving back with a pair of Cornwall III!

Am I wrong in thinking that the Jubilee should be the flagship of the Heritage line ? Why not step up to the plate and offer them to consumers willing to pay the price . Klipsch could consider it a one off exotic item that commands a premium price . I would bet they could sell 100 pairs easily . And I'm not talking industrial models .

The Jubilee you see in that picture CAN BE PURCHASED. Roy is still finishing the passive crossover for those that can't afford the active crossover route. If I remember right, the price should be under $10k. I will try to post the actual model numbers that need to be ordered from the sales department.

what is the big difference? how much price wise is the active versus the passive? And what horn configuration are they using? the super big one or the one that looks more like the Klipschorn model as was photographed with PWK (it was wooden)

The Jubilee you see in that picture CAN BE PURCHASED. Roy is still finishing the passive crossover for those that can't afford the active crossover route. If I remember right, the price should be under $10k. I will try to post the actual model numbers that need to be ordered from the sales department.

I was thinking more of a nice hardwood veneer , tophat for horn , and a grill option . Zebra wood would be sweeet .

While discussing the Heresy III with Mark at lunch, he said they were considering an upgrade kit for the Heresy II to III. Didn't sound like the price would be too bad.

All the parts would drop in with the exception of the mounting dish which is a little smaller. Would need to use weather stripping to shrink the old hole.

Well the bass bin can be purchased unpainted (raw birch) - so any kind

of veneer could be added if you want. I think the raw wood would look

pretty cool...then again, I think the black looks cool too.

The best HF section is the big one that Roy demo'd for us. The wooden

'PWK Horn' isn't available and probably won't ever be. There is a much

smaller plastic horn that can be used, but not with the passive

crossover Roy built.

I have not personally heard the difference on the Jubilee between

active/passive crossover, but apparently the slight blurring in the

600Hz region goes away with time-alignment...that was the only issue I

had (which is saying A LOT).

what is the big difference? how much price wise is the active versus the passive?

I don't know any cost structure on the passive but Roy told me his first pick on active x-over was the EV DX-38. I did a lookup on it and I think it retails for $1,300/1,500 range.

Roy said:

I would do active first over passive nets. I really like the EV DX-38 digital processors. They are very flexible and have the one ingredient that I consider a must if one is pursuing actives; delay. If that is the way you want to go, I still have all the parameters to input into the processor to get you going."