Fini, GREAT shots!

I had a chance to chat with David and Karen on Sat night. Super nice folks. They shared some fond memories of "Mr. Paul".

David told me of the first time he met PWK. He said Paul took him to the plant and let him witness some experiments where he was breaking wine glasses with sound (how great is that!).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool, when did you swing by the chamber of commerce? Trey had worked on getting a key so that he could show more people around...did everyone get to do that? We spent a couple hours there earlier that week where I got to hear all sorts of crazy stories about PWK and his wife Valerie (oh man there are some good stories there...)

Here's a favorite: My wife Cathy and oldest daughter Bethany looking cute on Fathers Day in Memphis...

I like that their body language is exactly the same. Note the mirror positioning of the hand on face- too cool- nice shooting there Tex!

A stitched-together series of photos inside the PWK museum in downtown Hope. This is a re-creation of the man's office.

Is that a glass window on the left showing others milling about, or is it a mirror reflecting the same room you're in?

(my guess is window)

MIke & I didn't hear about this place until too late. We would have loved to have gone & visited too. Heck, we drove past it probably 15 times in our efforts to find the farm house the first day we were there.

We'd gotten off at the wrong exit and to make a long story short, I took the map (provided by Amy I think) to a gas station.

I said "we are here" and pointed to the map. I want to get "here"...how do I go?

She gave us directions that we quickly realized were absolutely CLUELESS.. I was amazed at how a local could screw up something so easy as a town of Hope.

Well... it might not have been all HER fault. When I pointed to the map and said that she & I where "here", the spot on the map was let's say, of exit 31. She & I were ACTUALLY located at exit 32.

So she trusted my comment that we were where I thought we were and as such, she gave me correct directions (from exit 31). It was MY bad that I told her we were at exit 31, when in fact, we were at exit 32...so her starting point was screwed up to begin with. No wonder her directions made no sense. ...WOMEN!!! [:@] [:$] [:$]

• Moderators

A stitched-together series of photos inside the PWK museum in downtown Hope. This is a re-creation of the man's office.

Is that a glass window on the left showing others milling about, or is it a mirror reflecting the same room you're in?

(my guess is window)

MIke & I didn't hear about this place until too late. We would have loved to have gone & visited too. Heck, we drove past it probably 15 times in our efforts to find the farm house the first day we were there.

We'd gotten off at the wrong exit and to make a long story short, I took the map (provided by Amy I think) to a gas station.

I said "we are here" and pointed to the map. I want to get "here"...how do I go?

She gave us directions that we quickly realized were absolutely CLUELESS.. I was amazed at how a local could screw up something so easy as a town of Hope.

Well... it might not have been all HER fault. When I pointed to the map and said that she & I where "here", the spot on the map was let's say, of exit 31. She & I were ACTUALLY located at exit 32.

So she trusted my comment that we were where I thought we were and as such, she gave me correct directions (from exit 31). It was MY bad that I told her we were at exit 31, when in fact, we were at exit 32...so her starting point was screwed up to begin with. No wonder her directions made no sense. ...WOMEN!!! [:@] [:$] [:$]

You lost ME in this story, Coytee! LOL

If your "WOMEN" comment was directed at "my" directions, rest assured Trey put together the maps (I just emailed them), so you can change that to "MEN!" [:)]

Fini--

Those are truly excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

Richard, lest we forget who really runs this forum[;)] LMAO

Fini, you sir have an uncanny knac for photography my friend[:)] I think National Geo should see your portfolio

Quite possibly some of the best candid photo's I have seen in years, these shots almost make you wonder who these famous people are[:o]

Thank you again for the wonderful contribution to the forum buddy[:D]

Seti, were did you go for that last beer China?[;)]

Thanks for the nice comments! I wish I'd taken more, actually. My battery pooped-out during the factory tour, dadgummit. I realized I have no pictures of seti!! As everyone was packing it in Saturday night, I wished we'd taken a group photo.

Thanks for the nice comments! I wish I'd taken more, actually. My battery pooped-out during the factory tour, dadgummit. I realized I have no pictures of seti!! As everyone was packing it in Saturday night, I wished we'd taken a group photo.

Fini,

Can't seem to post this photo of you in this thread so check out Amy's 2006 Hope pix thread. It will be the last shot as of now.

Terry

EDIT: Well forget it. I can't even get it in there now. Will try later.

Here's Jake Townsend, Manager of Final Assembly Great guy, full of pride for a job well-done (as well he should be). I see a few Klipsch fans in the background...

post-3580-13819301950872_thumb.jpg

Robert (on the left) has been with Klipsch for <i>thirty years!</i> As such, he knows BULLSHIT when he sees it[;)]. Here he finds some on Steve's back. Steve started off as a forum member, who came to Hope on the first pilgrimage, back in '01. He was hired by Klipsch not too long after that, and is in Customer Service(Tech Support (edit by Steve[;)]) (if I'm not mistaken...there I go again!).

• Klipsch Employees

Help me out with this fellow's name (I'm having another brain fart). Great guy, full of pride for a job well-done (as well he should be). He's a manager at the plant, working on the 60th anniversary Khorns. I see a few Klipsch fans in the background...

Jake Townsend. is his name.

He is the mgr. of Final Assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert (on the left) has been with Klipsch for <i>thirty years!</i> As such, he knows BULLSHIT when he sees it[;)]. Here he finds some on Steve's back. Steve started off as a forum member, who came to Hope on the first pilgrimage, back in '01. He was hired by Klipsch not too long after that, and is in Customer Service(Tech Support (edit by Steve[;)]) (if I'm not mistaken...there I go again!).

Hehe, Tech Support, but I do work for CS[;)]

post-4329-13819304449458_thumb.jpg