My Sony ES receiver caught on FIRE!!!!

DEAM

My $0.02,

IMO Sony is not junk and I would say that without them mainstream electronics probably would not be where they are today as far as features and affordability.

Also attacking other's equipment choices because you think what you have is the best is strictly a matter of opinion. You can rifle off specs all day long, until all amplifiers are tested in a controlled vaccum environment the specs must be taken with a grain of salt. I would also hope that if you pay 4k+ for an amp it had better be the sh!t and should not even be compared to lower priced mass produced mainstream amplifiers. I am completely happy with the RX-V1 that I bought, no way in hell would have I paid the 3k retail. Some say the Dennon sounds this way and it's better...Ok great, thats fine, I'm glad you like Dennon or whatever brand X. Whatever floats your boat.

We all take alot of pride in our systems and we are here not to belittle each others stuff but rather to celebrate the reproduction of music and to discuss the rewards we get by doing it through Klipsch speakers.

Also I agree with Ray on the whole pot thing. Legalize it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

EJ

sony strda-777ES, I have listened to that as well as the Sony ES STR-DA5ES, str de-185(stereo receiver). I also recall an older model of a sony pro logic receiver altough i do not know what the model is because its no longer in production. I have listened to these receivers and have used them in depth before. And At this point, I'm going to have to agree with the other guy that said that this is out of control. I'm going to leave it here and end the madness, I am not out to BASH your personal stereo, I have had a terrible expeirence with sony everything and I hate them, but like you, i assume, i take pride in my stereo, and would defend it under most situations, like you have.

• 1 month later...

lmao deam9.gif

Im 36 yrs old , I never owned a Sony reciever. but from the story You shared with us, Im glad I went Nakamichi. The PA-7 sounds incredible with the Klipsch, or ANY OTHER SPEAKER IM SURE. My HeresyII's are a 4ohm speaker, the 7 is Inherently Stable/Uniform Impedance Amp drives the toughest loads out there with ease, and no compromise in Sound Quality. I RUN MY SYSTEM LIL'HARD TOO, but FIRE? sounds like you were low-ohm'n it6.gif the 7 runs about 120* degrees, my winter bedroom heater.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

DEAM,

Wow, quite a topic you started. Anyway, a serious question, where do I find out about the Sony ES recall, and which ES recievers are included? My dad has a new ES and I'd prefer that his house doesn't burn down 2.gif If you have a link to a website that would be very helpful. Thanks, and sorry about your messed up trip...

J

For all the others...

I care only about my equipment, why do I care what you think of it?15.gif

Hey Doc,

My Sony is pretty quiet (or my tweeters are blown, which they aren't). I question the comment you made about Sonys being made by slaves in Japan, not like your Onkyo. Onkyo is a Japanese company as well.

Now can we talk about cats again? It was more fun than this.

Marvel

this post is like recurring cancer, you think it's in remission, and it pops up again :(

this was another bull$hit thread started by DEAM a.k.a.TEAM

mainly just to pi$$ me off.

btw-my strda777ES is still in my PUBLISHED ht room and still kikin'a$$

avman.9.gif