WAY OT keepin our fingers crossed for a new pup

J.4knee

The dam of this litter seems to produce large litters. Her last litter was 15 pups and 12 survived, 3 did not make it past the first week, which is sad. All 11 in this litter are very healthy and active. She has her advanced agility titles and is reported to have excellent work, toy, food, pack and prey drives. She is a little more aloof than the sire but a very sweet pooch as well. We have not been able to meet the dam but are familiar with her owner/breeder. She is a national agility judge and seems to breed her dogs with exceptional sires.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The sire of the litter is what I would consider the perfect dog to be an ambassador for the breed. He has exceptional prey, toy, food, pack and work drives yet is just a social butterfly all rolled into an alpha male package. My wife and I were smitten with him the moment we met him. He had his Shutzund 3 title by age two and was competing in regionals at that age! When he greets you he instantly flips your hand up on his head and gives you "it is time for you to pet me, cuz everyone wants to pet me look".

It is a toss up at the moment of which one we are the most drawn to. Blue boy and Maroon boy are the top two. If we were looking for a female it would probably be Sprite even though she is the runt of the litter she has a lot of moxy, especially given her early trails and tribulations. She'll eventually grow to match the others in size.

Good Luck J.

Mals are awesome dogs if you can handle them. I am on a K9 SAR

team and we have one on the team. Kona has great drive and an

even better nose, but her Dad worked with her to get her there.

check out www.atsar.org

I love puppies. I hope you get one.

Paul

Good Luck J.

Mals are awesome dogs if you can handle them. I am on a K9 SAR team and we have one on the team. Kona has great drive and an even better nose, but her Dad worked with her to get her there.

check out www.atsar.org

I love puppies. I hope you get one.

Paul

We currently have a 12-year-old Mal. Yeah they are a bit on the energetic side but that is what really has me drawn to the breed. We became Mal owners by accident and count our blessings every day since then. My wife does agility with our current Mal and if we are fortunate to get a pup I plan on doing Shutzund with him. We are fortunate in that the owner of the sire of this litter is the training director of the Shutzund club we are petitioning to join.

Well it is looking pretty good, pup drive assessments are next week are we are pretty much at or near the top of the list provided the drive assessment meets our request. This is apparently a pretty lively litter!....SssssaaaaahhhhhhwwwweeeeeeeeT!!!!!

Gilbert,

Great lookin' pup. You shoot Bob White back there if I am not mistaken, correct? Smaller, faster bird than our Valley Quail. I have hunted Bob White twice and would Love to again someday. Man, you talk about a fun bird. Always wanted to go on a Mexican Dove hunt too, but probably never will.

• 2 weeks later...
And the winner is Maroon Boy. Soon to be known as MPACTS Blackjack, aka Jake! Just got off the phone with the breeder and he is all boy; full of p!ss and vinegar! He reportedly has a very sweet correction sensitive disposition. He is the pick of the litter and a chip off papa Unkas block. We hope to have him home on Saturday. As I alluded to earlier I plan on working Schutzund with him and we are very excited to have the little fella coming our way. We are new members to a very gifted Schutzund club so the training support is already in place. Pardon me for rambling on but I am just giddy as a school grill!

post-14277-138193043898_thumb.gif

Own a dog or cat,you have my deepest sympathy,they have shorter life spans than humans.I just went though a 20 yr old cat's prolonged death.I now have my 15 year old dog that just had a an operation on its rear,laying in my garage,crappin'/wettin' all over herself and everything else.The pain of seeing your friends go through this is bad enough but to have to live w/the smell and mess(can't leave em' dirty)is more than I'd wish on my worst enemy.My wife loves animals(me too,to a certain extent) and I always tolerated them but I'll NEVER have another in my life/home.

Own a dog or cat,you have my deepest sympathy,they have shorter life spans than humans.I just went though a 20 yr old cat's prolonged death.I now have my 15 year old dog that just had a an operation on its rear,laying in my garage,crappin'/wettin' all over herself and everything else.The pain of seeing your friends go through this is bad enough but to have to live w/the smell and mess(can't leave em' dirty)is more than I'd wish on my worst enemy.My wife loves animals(me too,to a certain extent) and I always tolerated them but I'll NEVER have another in my life/home.

Gee why thank you for sharing that with us! So your assessment is that all the fun, trust, unconditional love, enjoyment, companionship, faithful dedication and loyalty our pets show us isn't worth it because they get old and die... hmm. Ya know when I read a topic for which I have no real contribution to offer, I generally just dont post in it. Sympathy no thanks!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Gilbert..Cool looking lab. I remember when Grace was that small. She is now 5 and the puppy is almost out of her. Great dog.

J.4..What a cute little guy. Keep posting pictures (you too Gilbert). I found a little ball of black black fur on the side of the road. Like a nut I grabbed it and took it to the vet. The vet said he was healthy, just hungry and needed a bath.

I also named him Blackjack, but he goes by Jack, Jackson, Jack Henry. The most laidback, sweetest dog. He will be 2 in Sept.

I hope you both have as good as luck as I have had with these 2.

Fish. Oh never mind

Danny