Anyone traveling to Illinois from the Chattanooga Tennessee area ?

How did we let these leave our area? Who did this thing to us?

I won't be making a trip that way for a while, or I would be glad to help out. I'm only 20 miles South of Chattanooga, having escaped to North Georgia a few years ago.

What size speakers are you needing transported?

Bruce

Well if you get them you STOLE them, but I bet they're in that other guy's house right now. I start proceedings.

It's messed up, he's got $99 flat rate shipping, but then later refuses to ship. WTF? I'd get my money back and consider myself lucky. If he did ship them, it would cost more than the $99 and they'd probably arrive destroyed.

Well if you get them you STOLE them, but I bet they're in that other guy's house right now. I start proceedings.

It's messed up, he's got $99 flat rate shipping, but then later refuses to ship. WTF? I'd get my money back and consider myself lucky. If he did ship them, it would cost more than the $99 and they'd probably arrive destroyed.

Actually, this was one of three pair of Chorus II that have sold for that in the last month on eBay. The actual FedEx Ground Rate for this shipment was $97.98 for shipping to my PayPal confirmed NON-residential physical (business) delivery address www.FastSS.com.

I noticed this time last year that the market seems to overflow with old stereo gear offered for sale by people spring cleaning, attending garage sales, auctions, estate sales and that prices on these will continue to go even lower as they always do over the next few months due to people shifting to outdoor activities & traveling.

I am sorry, I should have mentioned that these are the pair of Chorus II I bought in eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9743489077. Buyer is now refusing to ship due to a local buyer's offer after being paid in full 51 minutes after he added the shipping terms and ended the listing.

He said local pickup THEN you worked a deal an hour after he changed the listing? Sounds like local pickup to me. The seller didn't do anything wrong or is it me? Hubby's down there now. I told him to take the van but he likes his car. Sorry. No can fit.

....... I WILL NOT SHIP THESE SO LOCAL PICKUP ONLY..... I AM LOCATED IN EAST RIDGE (CHATTANOOGA) TN. AT THE GA. LINE 100 MILES NORTH OF ATLANTA ON I-75..... YOU CAN EMAIL ME FOR DIRECTIONS....SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY.....

Yes, he neglected to remove that text from his description when he revised his listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=9743489077

Shipping costs:

US $99.00

Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service

The actual FedEx Ground Rate for this shipment is $97.98 to my PayPal confirmed NON-residential physical (business) delivery address www.FastSS.com

I am sorry, I should have mentioned that these are the pair of Chorus II I bought in eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9743489077. Buyer is now refusing to ship due to a local buyer's offer after being paid in full 51 minutes after he added the shipping terms and ended the listing.

He said local pickup THEN you worked a deal an hour after he changed the listing? Sounds like local pickup to me. The seller didn't do anything wrong or is it me? Hubby's down there now. I told him to take the van but he likes his car. Sorry. No can fit.

He accepted my offer (to ship) BEFORE he revised his listing to reflect our previous agreement. You may notice that he revised the Shipping Terms Jun-17-06 18:59:40 PDT and the auction ended Jun-17-06 19:01:16 PDT (1.6 minutes later) during our telephone conversation when he called me.

I get the feeling this one isn't going to happen. Seller is a jerk.

Congrats on getting those Heresies for only $100 though. That was a good deal. Sorry I stepped on your toes there. I backed out on the BIN so you could have them- it was your deal anyway.

Whenever you're ready to let a pair of OO Forte II's, go- I'm getting embarassed listening to these Dahlquist in my office day after day. I've tried Heresies and they just don't dig low enough.

Michael

Are you the guy with all those ads floating around the internet looking for $1000 Klipschorns, $150 Academy's and $15 mint Klipsch subs? WTF is that?

I guess if one is willing to take advantage of others then they should expect to be mistreated on occasion. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Keith

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I believe Steve comes across these great deals all the time, because he puts in a tremendous amount of effort to find them. Everytime I find something in my region, it seems Steve was already on top of it. Deals are not going to fall in your lap very often if you don't have your ear to the ground. Sometimes it's frustrating for me when i'm beat out on a good deal. It's hard for me to beat Steve on anything in Illinois, but hey i'm a realist. If I don't put in the effort he does, then I can't expect to get the results he does. I can live with that. That is my opinion. Good luck Steve,

Jeremy