Factory Direct Heritage Sales

pmsummer

It would be nice but it would also undercut the limited dealer network and probably make it very hard for Klipsch to get anyone to carry Heritage.

Heck in San Diego it is hard to find anything on the floor other than the Synergy line.

We have one dealer who has a set for Brazilian Rosewood Ks but they are 15K for the set. That is the only Klipsch they have on the floor.

I suspect most customers in the US just want little cubes and not much else, certainly nothing as formidable as the Heritage line.

I think you summed it up nicely J.4. SanDiego is a huge market, and yet you say that no one is stocking any Heritage. Dallas, TX is another huge market, but no one is able to find a heritage stocking dealer there either.

Virtually no one stocks the giants from the Heritage line in stock. Sure I've found a store that had a pair of Heresy's, but that was it.

Personally, I think it would be in Klipsch's best interest to offer factory direct on select models. And I can not for the life of me (probably because I don't have business head) see how this could hurt the company.

Personally, I think it would be in Klipsch's best interest to offer factory direct on select models. And I can not for the life of me see how this could hurt the company.

Just to note: Acoustic Sounds sells -- well, anyway it "offers" -- the entire Heritage line through its catalog. They first offered it last year, and are repeating it in their new May '06 catalog.

The AS catalog once again displays Heritage in a brilliant 2-page ad on pages 64-65. It has added the Cornwall.

Acoustic Sounds has a showroom, so it is also a displaying dealer. AS says it "will only ship Klipsch Heritage products to markets in which there is no displaying Heritage dealer." That leaves a lot of territory!

I'm not sure I see a difference between direct sales from Hope, Arkansas and catalog sales from Salina, Kansas. Long-distance sales from Hope might undermine those from Kansas.

yea, I understand where your coming from, totally.

just seems klipsch could have there cake and eat it too. I see it as shooting ones-self in the perverbial foot, by shrugging-off or dismissing a market segment, only to appease someone who won't or can't afford to stock your product.

By the way, Ultimate Electronics (they spared the Tulsa store from closure) carries the full Heritage catalog...nothing in stock though. So, when ole' Joe Blow walks in off-the-street,.... well, unless Joe see's it there on the show room floor,.... guess what he's probably not going to buy.

You guys help make my point, If you really want Heritage Series you will travel to find them. I spent hours online trying to find a dealer, then try to find one with stock on hand to buy, it was tough, but in the end, the buyer got what he wanted, just had to travel for it, and because it was Klipsch, it was worth it to me...........................

You guys help make my point, If you really want Heritage Series you will travel to find them. I spent hours online trying to find a dealer, then try to find one with stock on hand to buy, it was tough, but in the end, the buyer got what he wanted, just had to travel for it, and because it was Klipsch, it was worth it to me...........................

I don't think Klipsch is really interested in selling more Heritage Line speakers. The folks that are interested in those speakers are already members of this board, IMO. The General Public isn't going into a retail store and look at pretty pictures of $3500/$5500/$7500 a pair speakers and say 'I want those," without listening to them.

What I have a problem with is learning more about the product than the people who are basically an order location and having to pay full retail for speakers that I have gone to great expense and effort to hear (and not from the place that will make the profit on the sale).

Mark Deneen has got a smart plan for JM owners to receive comission on sales. In considering such for Klipsch, I don't think it would be so readily workable as it would be for JM.

One thing, so many Heritage fans' speakers are not stock. Also, Klipsch being a much larger outfit would IMO make the individual sales folks more vulnerable to predatory types posing as buyers.

The Russian Distributor was in town this weekend for the F1 race. I think Trey said they have 140 dealers in Russia. I don't know what they stock or show though, but it sounded like a lot of dealers to me.

Side story- they love the BIG Heritage in Europe and Asia, I guess they are willing to pay upwards of $6000 US for a pair of Cornwalls, so we should consider ourselves very fortunate. The Russian Distributor asked for a Russian Forum which has been setup.

He also saw my Heritage Mountain photo on Trey's screen saver and inquired about it. The guy couldn't believe that a single American could own so many Klipsch for his home! He even asked for a disc with that photo to take home with him. So I guess I'm now a minor folk hero among Russian Klipsch Fans!

Michael

Minor hi-jack..........

You know, I see a comment like this and it just pisses me off Michael. I mean, you whine about not being able to find someone to share your life with and it sounds like you just past up a perfect opportunity to score a hot Russian mail order bride type chick!! LOL......[:D] [:D] [:D]

Michael - seriously man, you need to contact that Russian dude. Ain't no doubt in my mind that he could hook you up. And those of us here that have seen these Russian women in uh, uh, er.....educational videos know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Yeah baby!!!!! [6] [6]

Tom

The Dealers can be protected by:

Factory Direct sales are F.O.B. Hope. The only saving (if any) would be shipping.

Or sell them at full list.

Possibly make it a "once a year" offer in conjunction with a Klipsch Pilgrimage, or off-year "Homecoming".

Orders must be placed well in advance and guaranteed. Warranty by the Factory only, with special serial numbers.

It's obvious that Klipsch USA Authorized Dealers don't care about the Heritage line, but the "cult" does. Feed the cult, and some dealers might follow.

You can get all the Heritage you want just a few clicks away.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=30046&PMNID=416

Of course it doesn't help with the opportunity to demo but neither would a factory direct sale. So there you have it. Start buying and let us know how you like them.