Factory Direct Heritage Sales

pmsummer

Having been to Hope for the Pilgrimage, and:

After seeing all the 60th Anniversary Klipschorns being packed up for Europe, and...

After seeing the classic "Donald Judd" Raw Birch LaScala being packed for Europe only, and...

After not finding a single Klipsch Heritage Dealer (who stocks them)

within 400 miles of my house (and I live within 250 miles of Hope),...

I think it's time Klipsch instituted some sort of Factory Direct

purchasing of ALL Heritage products (Klipschorn, LaScala and LaScala

II, Cornwall III, Heresy III, and the Jubilee "kit"), F.O.B. Hope Arkansas.

What say ya'll?

It would be nice but it would also undercut the limited dealer network and probably make it very hard for Klipsch to get anyone to carry Heritage. Heck in San Diego it is hard to find anything on the floor other than the Synergy line. We have one dealer who has a set for Brazilian Rosewood Ks but they are 15K for the set. That is the only Klipsch they have on the floor. Granted they are gorgeous but finding a dealer with Klipsch on the floor is very rare. Most authorized dealers out here are really installers who also sell equipment and have no real showroom to demo speakers in, they focus mostly on their HT set up options. I think the focus of the Heritage marketing is in Europe because the European dealer networks are willing to buy them. Dealers and I suspect most customers in the US just want little cubes and not much else, certainly nothing as formidable as the Heritage line.

...And those few US customers are so few and far between as compared to the general American loudspeaker-buying populous that we'll probably never see a Heritage dealer network like those in Europe. Bummer!

Almost makes me wanna go back to Germany and live there another 3 years...

well that idea about showing off your klipsch while receiving dealer prices sounded like a good idea. I mean built up a network of consumers who will allow people to contact them and give an audition of the speakers I think would give the customer a stronger feeling towards Klipsch from both the auditioner and auditionee.

I had to travel 3 1/2 hours one way just to find a dealer, and Albany N.Y. the capital of New York State doesn't have a Klipsch Dealer, other than BB, which doesn't carry Heritage. Kinda sad in a way, but bottom line is, when I wanted Heritage, I found Heritage, so maybe they don't need dealers.............just would be easier for the buyer......

The Russian Distributor was in town this weekend for the F1 race. I think Trey said they have 140 dealers in Russia. I don't know what they stock or show though, but it sounded like a lot of dealers to me.

Side story- they love the BIG Heritage in Europe and Asia, I guess they are willing to pay upwards of $6000 US for a pair of Cornwalls, so we should consider ourselves very fortunate. The Russian Distributor asked for a Russian Forum which has been setup.

He also saw my Heritage Mountain photo on Trey's screen saver and inquired about it. The guy couldn't believe that a single American could own so many Klipsch for his home! He even asked for a disc with that photo to take home with him. So I guess I'm now a minor folk hero among Russian Klipsch Fans!

Michael

We have one dealer who has a set for Brazilian Rosewood Ks but they are 15K for the set. That is the only Klipsch they have on the floor.

hmmm.... last year in Hope I was listening to a conversation between some Klipsch engineers who were talking about Klipsch not allowing their dealers to charge over MSRP for their speakers. In that particular conversation, the request came from dealers in Asia who were hurt by rich customers who would come in and ask to demo everything over 10K. Thus, the $7500 Khorns were overlooked. They said if they could just charge more, they could sell more. Makes sense, actually, but Klipsch sticks to it's guns on MSRP.

I suppose this dealer is not up on the radar screen of the Klipsch rep. or perhaps, they are "used" which would make the MSRP not applicable.... I wonder.

Factory direct sales... I don't expect to see that. However, this year Klipsch marketing has a new twist, which is a major concession, I think. Now authorized dealers, at least some of them, can sell Heritage on the internet. I've seen the website of an outfit, in OK, I think, which is doing this very thing. It's not a solution to the lack of local demo/audition, but it probably easier than trying to order Heritage from a dealer that has never sold any.

I had to travel 3 1/2 hours one way just to find a dealer, and Albany N.Y. the capital of New York State doesn't have a Klipsch Dealer, other than BB, which doesn't carry Heritage. Kinda sad in a way, but bottom line is, when I wanted Heritage, I found Heritage, so maybe they don't need dealers.............just would be easier for the buyer......

Where did you go oldbuckster?

Also what is a shame is that even Manhattan has one Klipsch Dealer and does not have Heritage or THX Ultra II for sale due to well honestly space as I heard that Klipsch requires a certain amount of showroom for the Ultra II

As with the Heritage, there is one dealer in my hometown but their best floor model Klipsch was the rb35......... No heritage on site and when asking a salesperson a huh went to wtf is heritage... then the manager came out and we talked a few.

We have one dealer who has a set for Brazilian Rosewood Ks but they are 15K for the set. That is the only Klipsch they have on the floor.

hmmm.... last year in Hope I was listening to a conversation between some Klipsch engineers who were talking about Klipsch not allowing their dealers to charge over MSRP for their speakers. In that particular conversation, the request came from dealers in Asia who were hurt by rich customers who would come in and ask to demo everything over 10K. Thus, the $7500 Khorns were overlooked. They said if they could just charge more, they could sell more. Makes sense, actually, but Klipsch sticks to it's guns on MSRP.

I suppose this dealer is not up on the radar screen of the Klipsch rep. or perhaps, they are "used" which would make the MSRP not applicable.... I wonder.

Factory direct sales... I don't expect to see that. However, this year Klipsch marketing has a new twist, which is a major concession, I think. Now authorized dealers, at least some of them, can sell Heritage on the internet. I've seen the website of an outfit, in OK, I think, which is doing this very thing. It's not a solution to the lack of local demo/audition, but it probably easier than trying to order Heritage from a dealer that has never sold any.

Dee,

The key here is the "Brazilian Rosewood" finish. You cannot get it anymore. I believe these are dealer demo's and they are signed by Paul Klipsch himself. This dealer actually knew Paul. The price is set where it is to actually deter the sale. The owner does not really want to sell them but he also figures if you are willing to pay $15K for them when you can get a set of new ones for half that, then he'll take your money. When you walk in the store this is the first thing that catches your eye and you cannot look away, they are simply stunning and I am guessing about somewhere 35 to 40 years old.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Dealers can be protected by:

Factory Direct sales are F.O.B. Hope. The only saving (if any) would be shipping.

Or sell them at full list.

Possibly make it a "once a year" offer in conjunction with a Klipsch Pilgrimage, or off-year "Homecoming".

Orders must be placed well in advance and guaranteed. Warranty by the Factory only, with special serial numbers.

It's obvious that Klipsch USA Authorized Dealers don't care about the Heritage line, but the "cult" does. Feed the cult, and some dealers might follow.

I understand where you are coming from. It's called the Pilgrimage phenomena. Here is a thread that a concerned Klipschster started last year after the event:

After my discussion with Mark this year I've decided not to worry about it and be happy that I am a member of The Secret Society of Klipschsters.[;)]

Jay, had to go to Audio Classics in Vestal, N.Y.,about 7 hours round trip, but the point I make: If You want Klipsch, you will find a dealer, no matter where it takes you. I would not travel for any other brand speaker. So I ask, Does Klipsch really need more dealers, if people will go out of their way to buy their product, why would they need more?