UNREAL Summer blow-out of jazz CDs $2.98 EACH at Concord/Fantasy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Travis for helping me bail out of my shortages in my original order

PRCD-7123-2 John Coltrane - Traneing In 1 $2.98 $2.98*******x2
PRCD-8270-2 Eric Dolphy - Far Cry 1 $2.98 $2.98***** x2

CCD-3523-2 Hampton Hawes - Everybody Likes Hampton Hawes/The Trio: Vol. 3 1 $2.98 $2.98*****x2

CCD-3505-2 Hampton Hawes Trio - Hampton Hawes Trio, Vol. 1 1 $2.98 $2.98*****x2

It's not all of the hottest, but he let me fill in four spots in his latest order (I think second- the man's a maniac).

So I'm not going without Hampton and Dolphy. Got another Coltrane piece that seemed popular with the guys too.

This thread is gonna be on FIRE when we all receive our Instant Jazz Collections in the mail. I hope there aren't too many backorders...

Thanks again Travis!

Michael

I am a rather disappointed with Concord's order fulfillment. I ordered my first set of 30 nine days ago - and I'm only about 70 miles from Concord, CA. $15 for FedEx should mean they're here by now.

James

That's what I was thinking, James. I thought it was strange that the order confirmation had no ship date, contact info, etc. Maybe I'm too used to Amazon.

EDIT: They're based in Beverly Hills (swimmin' pools, movie stars), so Allan should get his first. Maybe.

I tried emailing them, but the email bounced back. That, to me, is not a good sign. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone, world-wide, has received their cds. Anyone have contact info?

Chuck Nessa told me about this deal about a week after he ordred a TON of stuff and he got his shipment last week--but he got in on the FIRST DAY, so I would bet we won't see anything until the 2nd week of August. He got an email with a FEDEX GROUND tracking number when his stuff shipped.

Just an update for you all:

Concord shipped today all orders placed on 7-12, so out first orders should ship some time next week.

The response to this sale has been MASSIVE and they are way behind in shippping, but if you have an email confirmation of your order it WILL be shipped. They had SOME bunk inventory numbers and SOME titles might not ship on orders--the two that everyone seems not to be getting are "Lush Life" and "Soultrane," but I think those were gone from the list by the time I posted here.

Just an update for you all:

Concord shipped today all orders placed on 7-12, so out first orders should ship some time next week.

The response to this sale has been MASSIVE and they are way behind in shippping, but if you have an email confirmation of your order it WILL be shipped. They had SOME bunk inventory numbers and SOME titles might not ship on orders--the two that everyone seems not to be getting are "Lush Life" and "Soultrane," but I think those were gone from the list by the time I posted here.

Great to hear it. I think that I ordered Lush Life. I am assuming that they will still honor the $2.98 price if the order is for less than 30 because of their mistake.

Looking forward to getting some Jazz.

Chris

Well....

I ordered "Lushlife" on my 7.20 order and "Soultrane" on my 7.26 order. I ordered exactly 30 items each time.

I'm wondering what happens if my orders fall below 30 items because THEY are unable to fill the order. If they try to hit me for another 30 bucks on each order, I'm going to be very pissed.

James

I know, I was just thinking 'wish I could have those titles on VINYL'. It does sound better, you know.

Hey, how about this? Because commercially recorded CD's are compressed so badly, wouldn't there be a way to take the output from a turntable and burn your own CD's but KEEP THE DYNAMIC RANGE? Wouldn't that answer the problems of both mediums?

M

Go Colt go, one week of vinyl and you are now figuring out why we love to listen to music from what most call the "Rice Crispies" venue[;)]

It really annoys me less to have a click or pow every now and again as opposed to missing/slipped bits or in other words no music or digitally re-arranged output[:o]

With proper care and pre cleaning chances are you might get nothing outside whats in the groove baby[:P]

I also feel you are dead on the money and as sound cards get better and better we may all be idie vinyl to CD producers in the near future[:^)]

THX for the lead Al[;)]