Looking for ideas

m00n

This posting my bring painful feelings to some so, first I want to apologize to some of you. I know that some have lost loved ones due to unfortunate death, some to separations and what not. Please know that this posting is in no way meant to hurt or brag in any way shape or form.

So, this year marks mine and my wifes 10th year together. As part of that, I have been putting money down for months on a nice new wedding ring for my wife and it will be paid off in the next month. She knows about it and picked the ring out herself. However, I dont want to just go and pick it up and say here you go. Our 10th anniversary has actually come and gone this year, none the less, I want to make it special for her.

Thus, I was hoping that some of you romantics on the board could lend a helping hand and give me suggestions on how to make giving this ring to her a special event. I dont want her to know I have the ring in my possetion; I want her to think that its still at the jewelry store. I want to surprise her with it. Yes, I know I could take her out to a nice dinner and give it to her and that indeed is a very nice thing to do, but if I was to do that, what else could I do to make it better. Maybe dinner is not the best option.

Anyway, you guys/gals get the idea and Im open to all ideas (well, almost, I know some of you will have unsavory ideas [;)] )

Thanks
m00n

Well, heres something I was in on one time and I thought it was pretty cool, though it did take a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />LOT of conniving and planning up front.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Happens we live around a lot of lakes so maybe that made it easier for us.

Lets put some names here, myself, Bob (I forget his name 18 years after), Mark & Holly.

Mark was going to propose to Holly so we did the Lake dinner for them (her). Heres what we did

Mark took Holly out on the lake to boat around for a while. He then said, lets go visit that island. Unbeknown to Holly, there was something asunder...

Bob & myself were on a different boat. In our boat, we had some supplies. We had, table (with white linens), gold plated utensils, charcoal, candles, chairs, camcorder, boombox with pre-recorded CD in it, drinks, food, outdoor torches... thinking...that about covers it.

Ok, so unbeknown to Holly, Bob & myself were on this island while Mark was boating (and watching us from a distance). We set the entire place up, put a camera in the woods to film anyone walking up & sitting down at the table. We had the table set, place settings set, torches lit we even had the filets on the grill and about ½ way done before we bolted down to our boat and took off.

Our leaving was Marks signal to lets go see this island.

She sensed someone was up there by hearing the music and seeing the lit torches, little did she know there was a dinner for 2 just for her and her pending proposal from Mark. He almost had to drag her up there, she was so worried about intruding on someone.

Bob & I took off and went to yet ANOTHER island. Here, we gathered up some firewood, set a cooler down (strawberry shortcake inside), placed some blankets. We started the fire and left.

As we left, we headed back to the FIRST island. By this time, Mark & Holly had left (she accepted his proposal). Unknown to Holly, Mark was heading to the second island for desert while Bob & myself went back to the first island to clean it up.

So, we set up & tore down the first setting, Mark had to pick up the blanket & cooler...and of course, had to remember to take Holly home.

Anyways, thats the gist of what we call the lake dinner. This group of guys have done it a number of times, I was only able to be in on one of them. Thankfully, it was for Mark who was a dear friend and the first person I got to know when I moved to Knoxville.

Today, 18 years later, they are still together and have two boys.

Ya, do the lake thing! [:D]

This is what I did. Wait for a special day, anniversary, bday, something where giving her some roses wouldnt seem out of the ordinary. Leave the roses in the box that they give you. Tie the ring with a ribbon around the stem of the roses in the box. When she opens it, there it is :)

Good luck and happy anniversary

Harley

Does she have a regular morning routine? You know, go to the joh,, brew up some coffee, climb into the car and go to work.

If so when she heads to the john you have a single rose in there with a

small note: "Your coffees set up to brew" or something like that

and then you put the ring in the coffee cup (leave it in the box so she

will see it. When she climbs into her car to hed to work have a

nice card taped to the steering wheel. Four "goodie for me"

points with one present.

She'll be on clouds all day.

Now if your signifcant others happen to be Twins it gets a lot more complicated.

• Moderators

That sounds very nice Coytee alot of trouble but she would never forget it.

I thought it was such a nice idea i had my wife come read the thread.

Then i got the look like why didn't you do something, anything at all for me.

So much for that, I should have never even showed her, now I look like crap.[:o]

• Moderators

Moon if nothing else have a party at a friends house, that she thinks is nothing special and have everybody there ,then take her out later.

Any chance to get away for the weekend,no kids?

Dtel, if she didn't read my response you've already got your out.

Just substitute a nice pair of earrings for the ring and you will be in

her good graces for at least a day or so.

• Moderators

I think she did read it , she will get over it .

In 28 years she got over alot of things, it's the little things i have the most trouble with. I will never figure them out.[:|]

mOOn,

I've worked at a jewelry store for over 8 years and have heard tons of stories about how people have presented rings. Some are very elaborate, some very simple.

One thing you could do is when she's sleeping, just put it on her finger. See how long it takes her to notice it after she wakes up!

You could also put it on something that she uses (curling iron, toothbrush, etc) every day.

One thing you could do is when she's sleeping, just put it on her finger. See how long it takes her to notice it after she wakes up!

Oh gosh, I really like that one...She'll probably notice before the end of the day which would make for a perfect candlelight dinner that you'll have already prepared when she gets home.

• Moderators

Oh gosh, I really like that one...She'll probably notice before the end of the day which would make for a perfect candlelight dinner that you'll have already prepared when she gets home.

Oooo, I really like that one, too! [:)]

One thing you could do is when she's sleeping, just put it on her finger....

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I have another one -- put it on her finger the next time she's screaming at you.:)

LOL... That's not bad.. Kill two birds with one stone.