the chronicles of the coyotee-o and miketn khj's (klipschorn jubilee)

Welcome back Roy and glad your trip went great!

Well as you can see we got the Jubilees and I'm very happy with the way they look in my room.[:D] Please tell Everyone In Hope: GREAT JOB!!!! for me!!!

Hey if you hadn't seen it yet "Klipschorn Jubilee (Babies First Sounds)" thread I did test my Amplifier on the Jubilee's Low Frequency Horn and Roy it is going to work great in my room!!! Very Impressive[:D]

mike tn[:)]

And I doubt the fact that Mike or Coytee listens to 128 db often......

Jubilee is 110dB or so with 1 watt. Those drivers are what, 80dB? Add 6dB for every doubling of drivers. 30dB more requires 32 more drivers for 1 watt to produce 110dB. Hmmmm, seems I was off by a factor of 2. The math is a bit fuzzy because I'm assuming 1W to every driver.

As PWK always said, distortion is inversely proportional to efficiency.

And I doubt the fact that Mike or Coytee listens to 128 db often......

Jubilee is 110dB or so with 1 watt. Those drivers are what, 80dB? Add 6dB for every doubling of drivers. 30dB more requires 32 more drivers for 1 watt to produce 110dB. Hmmmm, seems I was off by a factor of 2. The math is a bit fuzzy because I'm assuming 1W to every driver.

As PWK always said, distortion is inversely proportional to efficiency.

Mike, ya think my wife would let me put 32 of them puppies in the room? [A]

If I made them into an IB, would I have to snake the 'chamber' (or what ever you call what they're connected to) around the house to fit them all on? Perhaps I could vent one near her hair dryer plug... "Insta-Dry" technology!!!

That's still over 8 drivers with 1W going to each driver (8W total). 64 if you want one amplifier outputting 1W total. No matter how cool and linear the driver is, it just can't "keep up" with higher efficiency systems - thus won't be completely transparent.

"efficency be damned" is the same thing as "distortion be damned".

They are inversely proportional - no way around that physical fact.

The only reason I brought it up is because the Jubilee is extremely clean - the last thing you wanna do is muddy it up. Someone with Jubilees in their listening room probably isn't going to be too conerned about the size of their subwoofer... [;)]

(TC Sounds is designing these drivers for small enclosures).

It is not the "Klipsch way" to try and iron-fist performance.

Someone with Jubilees in their listening room probably isn't going to be too conerned about the size of their subwoofer...

You will pardon me if I cough? [;)]

Actually, just earlier today, I put my order in for the Bose Sub-woofer Accoustimas Bass Module (insert circle R here for registered trademark)

They said I could hide it under a table, behind a chair, inside a Jubilee bass bin...

• 2 months later...

Coytee,

Why did I miss this icredible thread? Coytee,congrats,you have some incredible speakers here!

May I ask,how much are these,went thru the whole thread looking at the build. I have to get a pair for my Tenor OTL's and low power Lamm. 110dB at 1m with one watt imput! WOW This is THE top choice for low power OTL's.

Again INCREDIBLE,I must have these.If they do not blow above 20K I should be able to swing a pair.110dB efficient,WOW

Can you say transparent. You have speakers tube users should dream about.

If you need subsonics you can always add two JL Audio GOTHAM subs or a pair of the ANADA subs from TC Sounds. These would keep up to a region where the output is so high year ears will no longer want to explore further.JL'audio disapearing act is tough to follow.Klipsch's quad THX subs would be another great choice. [:D]

Coytee,congrats,you have some incredible speakers here!

Mike & I both (currently), tyvm

May I ask,how much are these,

Approximately, $7,000 USD, DELIVERED after tax however, there is NO crossover included. You can get a passive built or do what we've all done & go with the Electro Voice Dx-38 active which is about ANOTHER $1,200 USD.

went thru the whole thread looking at the build.

Pretty cool huh and how doubly cool is it that Roy/Klipsch et al, took the time & energy to do it for us single purchase boobs? (I could understand much better if we were a cinema chain that was possibly going to buy 120 SETS, but not just "Joe Blow")

I have to get a pair for my Tenor OTL's and low power Lamm. 110dB at 1m with one watt imput! WOW This is THE top choice for low power OTL's.

I asked Roy and I think he said they are more like 108 db with PASSIVE and about 109 db with the active crossover. He said the passive gave you a bit of insertion loss. Otherwise, you are preaching to the choir [:D].

Again INCREDIBLE,I must have these.If they do not blow above 20K I should be able to swing a pair.110dB efficient,WOW

Can you say transparent. You have speakers tube users should dream about.

Can you also say downright unfrigging incredible with higher horsepower? They do it all. Tis why I keep trying to tell people and invite them over for a listen, which by the way, is still an open invite for you should you care to go to the expense/effort. Again, I realize it's not like a crisp winters day drive, over for lunch & back.

If you need subsonics you can always add two JL Audio GOTHAM subs or a pair of the ANADA subs from TC Sounds. These would keep up to a region where the output is so high year ears will no longer want to explore further.JL'audio disapearing act is tough to follow.Klipsch's quad THX subs would be another great choice. [:D]

You know something... when I had the LaScalas in the system and when I had the Khorns in the system, I had a deep desire for a sub. Today, with the Jubilees, I simply don't. I know "the graph says they poop out, blah blah blah..." Doesn't matter... "in my room", they simply punch the woofer of the Khorn back upon itself and I'm MORE than happy with their output.

Arthur...

Here's the website for the EV Dx-38

http://electrovoice.com/tech-library.php?pt=1

Scroll down to "Speaker Processors" and you can download the users manual, brochure and more interestingly, the RACE software that comes with it (live version). You can play with the software a bit and see how it works. If you ever do that (get one), you can put the software on a laptop and interface the laptop with the Dx-38 and make changes on the fly. With MY unit, I've got the Jubilee settings in there, a different settings for my LaScalas (pass through) and yet another setting for the Jubilees, using a softer slope than the 24 db slope (just for kicks). Oh, and I'm also playing around with yet ANOTHER setting where I try to use its internal EQ, to knock a 90hz node down a couple db's. It's a quite fun & interesting thing to play with.

As for Mikes initial impressions, go to

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/789007.aspx

He's a LOT more articulate than I am, or ever will be. I don't have anywhere near the technical background nor knowledge that he does. I'm more of a beer & pizza guy and he's more of wine & cheese on this stuff. I think you'd appreciate his reflections a lot more than mine.

[:D]

Well, I'll toss this out, though I don't know if I'll be able to convey it very well.

There is something about the Jubilees that I admit, kind of "spooks" me (for lack of better word). Perhaps 'annoy' is a better word? (but it's annoy in a good way)

Now that they've been here for awhile, I can't tell you how many times they've fooled me BIG time.

I've been watching a movie (for example) and there is a sound (in the movie) that I just SWEAR came from SOMEWHERE in my house, or even outside. Since I live at the end of a 2 mile road, hardly any houses and it's desolate... it kind of brings up the blood & guts movies with the sound, the guy goes to fridge to get a Coke while the audience screams "No silly, don't go there... JASON is going to get you"

My Khorns did a similar thing but they didn't "gotcha" as often as the Jubilees do. I swear, it sometimes gets my adrenlain pumping when I hear something and my brain interprets it as someone poking around outside or trying to jiggle a door & gain entry.

My dogs also, FLIP OUT when that kind of stuff happens. Dogs barking on the TV, (or Pink Floyd video), is a no brainer with them. Then again, the Khorns did that to them too so that's not quite so surprising.

These are just more visceral than the Khorns were. Everything is (to me) more believable and real.

Pity the fool who comes to my house to break in, only to find I've ALREADY been SPOOKED by the Jubilees and am cowering in a corner, waiting... locked & loaded... just waiting for something to blow away.

I guess I'd better be sure & know when the wife is due home from work... [:o]

need subsonics you can always add a pair of the ANADA subs from TC Sounds. These would keep up to a region where the output is so high year ears will no longer want to explore further.

you know ...

Ratings on these Sub's are hard to get.....

for instance, they rate the Sensitivity for some TCS models at 200 hz ....? WTF.....

itsa subwoof, right ..???

also, I's love to see some Spectral info ....

my guess is that at 20 hz ..

the output is mostly harmonic, not fundamental

my experience is that most of the Sub Mfgr's ..

can't back thier claims

Looking for the ultimate subwoofer?

I saw, heard and felt, the Eminent

Technology Model 17 Rotary subwoofer at CEDIA last September. The damn thing looks like a fancy

room fan. It is essentially a fan

that has a woofer voice coil on it and as the coil moves back and forth

it changes the pitch of the blades... the result is bass from around 1

Hz up to 30Hz... it has a sensitivity of 94 db/watt at 10Hz. When they

demonstrated the subwoofer with a sinewave generator, the entire room

was excited numerous times... the drop ceiling was bouncing up and down

a couple of inches, the DLP projector that was ceiling mounted was

swaying back and forth... the closed door to the room vibrated

violently on it's hinges... we heard/felt 4Hz like you've never

experienced it!

http://www.eminent-tech.com/RWbrochure.htm

Widget