the chronicles of the coyotee-o and miketn khj's (klipschorn jubilee)

Might I ask what were the first words out of her mouth when she saw those big black things in the corners?

NO, this is a public forum ! [A]

HEHEhehehEHEHEehehee

At least you are getting her something shiny.... I would send her a big vase of flowers to her at work on saturday : )

I love the Klipsch boxes in the front end loader.

Congrats Coytee!

You should have seen the fire. I have a burn pile up the hill behind me. Went there to light them off and was surprised.

Unbeknown to me, it seems my wifes cousin (lives next door) has taken TRUCKLOADS of cut brush and piled it on my pile. I don't mean we had a 10' pile, I mean the pile was 10' tall and probably 40' long. I do NOT like to let my piles get this big. Having set fire before and had it get away from me (Bless the volunteer fire department!!), I like to keep them small and managable.

I DO have a heightened sense of security though, with Brutus!! I can always dump some dirt or something...

None the less, my wife was in the field walking the dog and saw the flames up in the sky (probably reached 40' or so when it was roaring?)

I'll need to tend that pile soon and reform it into a smaller pile, collecting that which didn't burn into a smaller area for my next burn.

I meant to take a picture of it but forgot the camera. Also, I'm not sure that we wouldn't possibly see grown men shed tears when those big Klipsch boxes lit off in flames.

dang...you guys are crazy [H]

Mike, I would love to get some of your impressions on the acoustical treatment you've been playing with. I would definetly love to see some of the results from your ETF too. Are you using the setup from etfacoustic.com?

Coytee, why'd you get rid of them shipping boxes? What if you don't like the Jubilees and want to sell them off? [;)] Btw, are the Jubilees positioned where your khorns were going to go (ie, in the "rear" of the room)? Or is this a room different from your future HT? (I seem to recall you wanting to mount 3 lascalas in the wall?)

Mike sometime e-mail me your phone number and we can talk. As far as the ETF I plan on doing some test as time permits and would be glad to share them.

In the future I plan on experimenting using the RPG SKYLINE DIFFUSERS at some of the early first reflection points (since they supress the specular reflection while still giving good difusion) versus just absorption at those points.

I've read most of the works by the leaders in room acoustics and use that as a basis to begin the treatment of my rooms but being each room has it own unique characteristics I feel you must test and verify to get the maximum benefits.

mike tn[:)]

I love the Klipsch boxes in the front end loader.

Congrats Coytee!

You should have seen the fire. I have a burn pile up the hill behind me. Went there to light them off and was surprised.

Unbeknown to me, it seems my wifes cousin (lives next door) has taken TRUCKLOADS of cut brush and piled it on my pile. I don't mean we had a 10' pile, I mean the pile was 10' tall and probably 40' long. I do NOT like to let my piles get this big. Having set fire before and had it get away from me (Bless the volunteer fire department!!), I like to keep them small and managable.

I DO have a heightened sense of security though, with Brutus!! I can always dump some dirt or something...

None the less, my wife was in the field walking the dog and saw the flames up in the sky (probably reached 40' or so when it was roaring?)

I'll need to tend that pile soon and reform it into a smaller pile, collecting that which didn't burn into a smaller area for my next burn.

I meant to take a picture of it but forgot the camera. Also, I'm not sure that we wouldn't possibly see grown men shed tears when those big Klipsch boxes lit off in flames.

Yes, it is just as well the forum is spared that image. Even when you know in your head...hey those Klipsch boxes are empty.... still the heart takes over and says NO No NO!! tears, whining and runny nose.... so sad.

Kinda like Cortez burning his ship

Hernando Cortes had a plan, he wanted to lead an expedition into Mexico to

reap its many treasures. He presented his plan to the Spanish governor, who was

so excited that he gave him eleven ships and seven hundred men. Cortes did not

tell the men or the governor the complete plan. After months of travel the

eleven ships landed in Veracruz. Cortes had the men unload everything from all

eleven ships. As they headed into their new adventure the men turned back and

saw all eleven ships burning! Their reaction was to fight back, as surely an enemy

had initiated such an attack. Cortes halted the men, as this was in his plan, he

had ordered the ships to all be burned. Cortes did not know what he and his men

would encounter in their expeditions. What he did know was that by "Burning

the Ships" he had completely eliminated their option of going back. At the

same time creating an intensely powerful motivation to succeed.

http://www.burningships.com/

now THAT is a speaker........

berryboy roy

Hey dude, welcome back from your trip! Hope it was safe and fruitful. (Berryboy? Fruitful???)

Your phrase above wasn't the first (nor second/third...umpteenth) word out of my wifes mouth...[8-)]

You preparing to finish up the numbers for the Ev's this week for us? They outta be here soon.

Women are poor decoraters.....Get rid of that pink ribbon on that lamp you wuss.....Shove that chair in front of the Jubil into the garage. Those speakers are being strangled by too mutch foo foo in the room....Jubles need to breath. Whats with them dolls in a baby buggy doing in that room ..Your wife is too old for dolls, throw them out. The room needs a mans touch. The room needs to smell like a horse. Get some leather in there. In fact veneer the face of the Jubilee in leather.

LMAO!

now THAT is a speaker........

berryboy roy

Hey dude, welcome back from your trip! Hope it was safe and fruitful. (Berryboy? Fruitful???)

Your phrase above wasn't the first (nor second/third...umpteenth) word out of my wifes mouth...[8-)]

You preparing to finish up the numbers for the Ev's this week for us? They outta be here soon.

hey coyote-o,

my trip was very "harvestful". it went awesome.

i plan on getting ev numbers tomorrow or tuesday to get your receipe and miketn's as well going. any idea on when the ev's are arriving?

berryboy roy