the chronicles of the coyotee-o and miketn khj's (klipschorn jubilee)

oh man.... you have foam even on the floor??? and are those bass diffusers near the window?

No foam on the floor. I guess you are refering to the masonite I have on the floor in the corners which I used to make it easier for me to slide the Khorns on the carpet by myself.

Yes those are ASC Studio Traps which can be used as a portable gobo. I use these to block early side wall reflections more than as a bass trap. I also do use Larger bass traps and RPG Diffusers for Room Treatment. I also built a special Rack for ASC Sound Planks to be used on the ceiling so that I can easily make adjustment to their pattern/placement.

mike tn[:)]

Those look so wild. Congratulations!

I can't even begin to imagine how those would sound. What is their efficiency? Excuse my newbie-ness, but how/where do these fit in with the Khorn? Similar bass bin but big horn on top? Custom built only?

Congratulations. They look great. Those top horns are huge. Don't hurt yourself now![;)]

Thanks Mark!

Yes the Top Horn is big and it sounds great to me!!!!

I guess the look want be for everyone but the pictures just don't show how great they look in my room which is kind of a modern style with all the acoustical treatments.

I can't even begin to imagine how those would sound. What is their efficiency? Excuse my newbie-ness, but how/where do these fit in with the Khorn? Similar bass bin but big horn on top? Custom built only?

If I remember Roy correctly they are 110db @1 watt 1 meter

Thanks Sam!

Roy said the passive version we heard in Hope was about 108db efficient!!! so the active version might be slightly more efficient.

The Jubilee Bass Horn is the Last Design that PWK and Roy did to improve on the Khorn's Bass Section.

At this time a person would need to contact Roy Delgado if interested since this is a version that uses different Cinema Line Componets put together by Roy and isn't in the standard line as such.

Can I ask another dumb question? Is the Jubilee a two way design? That 108dB efficiency rating is remarkable. What a match it would be for some SET monoblocks!

If there is a link to more Jub info, please post it. I've been studying up on all of the Heritage speakers lately, but I only come across sporadic info regarding the Jubilees.

Can I ask another dumb question? Is the Jubilee a two way design? That 108dB efficiency rating is remarkable. What a match it would be for some SET monoblocks!

If there is a link to more Jub info, please post it. I've been studying up on all of the Heritage speakers lately, but I only come across sporadic info regarding the Jubilees.

Yes this version is a Two Way Design which is what PWK always wanted the Klipschorn to become.

Yes the High Efficiency will be great for the SET Amps as long as the designs have paid enough attention to Hum Suppression.

Thanks Sam!

Roy said the passive version we heard in Hope was about 108db efficient!!! so the active version might be slightly more efficient.

The Jubilee Bass Horn is the Last Design that PWK and Roy did to improve on the Khorn's Bass Section.

At this time a person would need to contact Roy Delgado if interested since this is a version that uses different Cinema Line Componets put together by Roy and isn't in the standard line as such.

Now hold the phone. Is there more than one way to order the Jubilee. I know there are prototypes of the Jub with the drone. I wasn't aware there is more "versions" available.

Also, did you know ahead of time that the Jub you just received was going to be different than the one demoed at Hope.

Please explain.

jc

Thanks Sam!

Now hold the phone. Is there more than one way to order the Jubilee. I know there are prototypes of the Jub with the drone. I wasn't aware there is more "versions" available.

Also, did you know ahead of time that the Jub you just received was going to be different than the one demoed at Hope.

Please explain.

jc

Sorry for any confusion jc.

What Roy demonstrated for us this year used a different High Frequency Driver (K-69-A)than the version he demonstrated the year before and he also demonstrated it with a passive crossover for those that might want to go that route. The Low Frequency Horn (KPT-KHJ-LF) is the same as before and is whats available in the cinema line. So to get this version that I bought the KPT-K402-HF has to have the normal driver substituted with the K-69-A Driver. I also went the active route to get the maximum performance with the ability to do Time Alignment which Roy feels is the very best way to go.