the chronicles of the coyotee-o and miketn khj's (klipschorn jubilee)

but this month, these four are all yours as miss donna is doing something a little special for miketn and you.

roy

So as you look in the mouth of these & see the little "CD holder shelves", are you telling me that Miss Donna is going to bake us some blueberry pies (Blueberries suppled by BerryBoy) and those little "cd holder shelves" will ALSO do double duty as a pie rack???

Hmmm...I can see it now

"Pies cool yet Richard" asks the wife

"nope, still steaming hot" say I after sticking my finger into one

"Well honey, you're just gonna have to CRANK THEM UP to blow more air over them" she says, ever so lovingly

"yes dear, I understand your every command and shall obey"

[A]

coyotee-o,

berryboy (smack, slurp) here. (munch, swallow) problem with (hickup, slurp) blueberry pies (smack, munch, smack, swallow), don't have (munch smack swallow, burp) any more.

berryboy roy

Mike,

Just so I know it's been said... our blueberries are in process of coming in right now. We're on the early side and the billions of them aren't in, but you can certainly get a couple gallons I'd think within minimal effort. (might take hour or so, where as in several weeks, you can do same in 15 minutes)

Anyways, if you would like to pick some, you & yours are welcome to come out and have at some.

Makes for a nice fresh pie I'm told [;)] Since Berryboy isn't going to share any of HIS, I'll have to share some of mine.

[6]

Roy, what is that open slot running down the back?

When I first saw it, I thought it was the exit "port" (for lack of better word) much like the Khorn... then I remembered these have the openings in the front...[*-)] [8-)]. That infers it can't be an exit?

Evidently they're there for a reason (or did ya all forget a piece? [6])

What's it's purpose?

I share my blueberries with the birds. We have a deal, they get the ripe ones and I get all the green ones I can eat.

At least the rats, er I mean deer, the hooved rats, don't get them![:@]

Are the Jubes ripe yet?

Rick

Ya know, as an aside comment, I've never (ever) seen the first bird eat a blueberry, nor deer, nor in fact, any other animal. I've found that quite interesting. They seem to be there solely for our picking.

Now, the GRAPES??? that's an entirely different story [:@]

Perhaps it's the grapes, that save the blueberries?

Andy,

"... in the steady state."

I'm not sure what you mean by a stedy state. I would think a steady state would be the hardest for of distortion to hear. Music is vertually random with respect to phases with everything changeing continuously. My experiment was with 3 seperate signal generators, two adjusted as closely to the 3rd and 5th harmonic and the other making the fundamental at 1 Khz. I adjusted the frequency of each as closely as I could, first with a frequency counter and then to stabilize the waveform on ths scope. That was as "steady" as I could make it. I was able to get each signal to less then 1 Hz from where it should be. That means 360 degrees per second of phase error change. Only for instaneous points in time were the phases all correct. A true square wave would have a fixed phase relationship no matter how shifted each harmonic was from the proper phase. That would seem to be the "steadiest" state! Anyhow, I was not able to hear any changes as the phase of each rotated through 360 degrees! I therefore concluded that I would not be able to detect a signal that had it's harmonics scrambled in phased with respect to each other in a fixed way compare to one with its harmonics phased correctly.

AL K.

Al,

Yes, your experiment is what I ment by steady state. And I'll just be brief... the phase relationship of the fundamental frequency between your two ears/brain is much more important than the phase relationship of the harmonics, and your ear is very good at ignoring (or some may argue not percieving) the phase of the harmonics, and this makes sense if you look at the inner ear since you have many, many cilia, each responding to a different frequency. The presence and relative level of a tone is much more important that the phase (at midrange frequencies, where most people put their crossovers). And you will probably hear debates on all sides as to whether minute time arrival differences from woofers and tweeters (<1ms) is audible in musical transients (the fun, un-steady state part of music).

... OK, I promised to be brief, for the sake of this thread... just this, if your woofer and tweeter output are summing nicely in the frequency response, their relative phases at the crossover frequency is not likely to cause any drastic problems.

Ahhh!!

Thank you Speakerfritz.

I had never really looked at any of the drawings. maybe I can use that cubbyhole to hide things... after all, it's not like any thief is going to easily carry these things off...?

can I come over and stick my hand in your "groove" [:P]

Ahhh!!

Thank you Speakerfritz.

I had never really looked at any of the drawings. maybe I can use that cubbyhole to hide things... after all, it's not like any thief is going to easily carry these things off...?

can I come over and stick my hand in your "groove" [:P]

I admit that right now, I fear Fini...

[:$]