7 years and New toys.

Trey Cannon

Just got back from Trey's place. Those LS's are beautiful and sound gorgeous. They've reworked the networks or something. All I know is that they were cleaner, more intelligible than mine, and the bass was tight. I could thump on the side of the bass bins and not hear any 'tubiness'.

This is the pair that were at Hope last year that Roy has babysat for the past year. Now they belong to Trey. Good that they were kept 'in the family' as they are truly one of a kind. 11 plys of wood in those beauty of bass bins.

Michael

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember but I think I left my nads on the sidewalk from moving them into Trey's van last night!

It feels like the bass bin weighs in just about at what the entire LS of old weighs. The horns aren't too heavy because they're the newer K401 horn.

I'll get to Trey's in the next week and take some pix for you guys. Sorry I didn't have my camera last night.

Michael

Ya they are so sweet. Sub?, they don't need no sub......We had a bit of fun with them last night before I left work around 7 PM. 120 to 122 dB with room to spare......ouch, trey wasn't in the room, Mike can relate though. BTW, I was off the clock LOL

Sorry guy's, but IF anything should ever come up and they have to go.....they are mine, I already have dibs on em.[:D]

1" 9 ply...to be exact.

ya, somebody had left the db meter on 'A' scale. Trey and I are at the BACK of the room and it says 90 something, we just looked each other and shook our heads. Switch to 'C' scale, ah there we are 122 or so. It was mindnumbing but crystal clear.

Another engineer had a homebrew pseudo- theatre sub with one of the monstrous Klipsch 18" drivers hooked up through the DBX electronic crossover. All Crown amps there at Klispch.

I NEVER want to hear ZZ Top that loud again!

That was the end of the listening evaluations for the night.....

I am witness to Stephen Phillips's dibs on the LS II 9 plys. Now if'n he can't ante up the cash, guess who's next in line? [;)]

I have a feeling these will be with Trey for a long long long time.

Michael