The DVD is in...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dtel: Thanks, brother! I sure appreciate the good words. You may remember that when I originally set that shot of the tent-raising up, it was my intention all along to present it in fast-motion like that. What you are viewing is the 2-1/2 to 3-hour tent-raining in about 2-1/2 minutes. It runs at 30x speed. It sure was fun to play around with that footage. I knew I'd be using 'Saber Dance' (the song) immediately when I watched I the first time!

Trey: Thanks for putting that file up, man.

There are 12 other videos and I'm sure Trey is working on posting them as well. Downloading all 13 will give everyone the complete 71 minutes that the DVD entails....at much-reduced resolution, of course.

• Moderators

Wow that has a very nice picture for 30x speed.

The end where you walk up to the camera was funny a perfect end for that scene.

I sure " Hope " they sell a DVD it would be a great way to look back at that weekend and the people .

dtel: It was filmed at real-time speed (30 frames per second) and then changed to 30x late in post production. That's why is looks so smooth.

coytee: Yup! Just right-click on the dowload button and choose "Save Target as..." in order to store the file on your hard drive.

I had fun with that scene. The "brow-wipe" at the end was just an after-thought I had as I approached the camera. The stinger on the end of the music just played right in with whole gag. Sometimes: I get lucky with that stuff. I'm thrilled you guys enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun putting everythig together. It took 11-1/2 weeks of part-time work to do all 71 minutes.

John: Thanks. That tent sequence was a lot of fun to do. Yes, there should be more...13 total in fact. I've already given them all to Trey, and he is working with Klipsch's web crew to get them rolled out. -Glenn

So did the Trucker that drove by actually honk his horn at you or was that an added sound-effect? I loved the choice of music too - I've heard it tons of times and even played it, but I totally forget the name of it. Anyone know?

So did the Trucker that drove by actually honk his horn at you or was that an added sound-effect? I loved the choice of music too - I've heard it tons of times and even played it, but I totally forget the name of it. Anyone know?

Mike: Naw I dubbed that airhorn in. The trucker never blew his horn. I felt it added a lot to the dynamics of the scene.

The opening song is: "If you want to get to Heaven, (you've got to raise a little Hell)" by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. They're down-home Arkansas boys and I thought they'd be perfect to open with. The other big hit on their 1973 debut album "It'll shine when it shines" was "Jackie Blue". I have a copy of the album in vinyl, but the one on the video is off itunes.

post-10177-13819311328982_thumb.jpg

Jim: I believe their web guy over at Klipsch is out for the next few days. I don't know if Trey can do anything in the meantime or not.

I already have all 13 files hosted on my commercial account site, but I hesitate to broadcast the URL until I check with my isp as to how much bandwidth I am allowed.