My baby's back and it looks like she's been workin' out!!!

Allan Songer

• Moderators

My baby is at the same spa that Allen's was at. Hope she has the same trainer, workout routine, and is on the same diet as Allen's. She has not been there very long, so don't know when she is coming back, it was kind of out of sight out of mind. After seeing Allen's I really want her back fast now.

Travis

My baby is at the same spa that Allen's was at. Hope she has the same trainer, workout routine, and is on the same diet as Allen's. She has not been there very long, so don't know when she is coming back, it was kind of out of sight out of mind. After seeing Allen's I really want her back fast now.

Travis

Travis,

The same diet can be obtained but keep in mind that program is expensive!!(those caps are pricey) If you want that type of job you need to let me know so I can order the parts in. With a MX110 it will really be a job to fit caps. Not much room to play with.

Craig

• Moderators

Travis

Travis,

The same diet can be obtained but keep in mind that program is expensive!!(those caps are pricey) If you want that type of job you need to let me know so I can order the parts in. With a MX110 it will really be a job to fit caps. Not much room to play with.

Craig

Don't want to hijack A's thread, I will send you a more detailed email. I think I will have you open her up first, see what we are looking at, and then go with options from there. What is the wait for ordering those Jensen caps?

Travis

Craig--left you voice mail.

--need to know what kind of Scotch you like!

(details to follow)

Allan,

We are still waiting.

Craig is part Canadian afer all those fishing trips.

He is more of a Crown Royal with a Molson chaser kind of guy. Very

modest consumption sice us older fellas do not care for hangovers as

much as we used to.

So? How does is sound?

I've only got five of six hours of listening in. I went out last night to Charlie O's to hear John Heard with Theo Saunders and RIckey Woodard (and a crummy drummer subbing for Roy McCurdy who was out with Nancy Wilson).

Anyway--the most OBVIOUS difference post-Jensen rebuild is how QUIET the phono section is!! Before the rebuild there was a low level hum at extemely high volumes and gobs of "tube rush" whever the volume control was past about 1/2 way (which it never is when listening). I can now turn the voulme knob up ALL THE WAY with ZERO hum--ZERO! And the "tube rush" is almost gone. I have NEVER owned a tube preamp this quiet--the most modern tube preamp I have ever owned is a mid-80's Audio Research. Unreal-ddidn't know this was even possible.

As far as how the MUSIC sounds? Well, the most obvious difference is in the upper mids and highs. They are much more "in focus" without sacrificing any of the McIntosh warmth that I've grown so used to and love. I wouldn't say the sound is "brighter," just cleaned up and clearer--this is most obvious in cymbols and the upper registers of horns--escpecially trumpets, but comes into play with piano as well.

Lower midrange and bass seems to me to be pretty much unaffected by the rebuild--or at least the sonic character is so similar as not to be noticed. Tenor saxohpones, acoustic bass, B3, and the "THWACK" of a snare or "BOOM" of a bass drum all sound AS THEY SHOULD, as they ALWAYS DID.

Here are the records I have listened to: No CDs yet!

Bud Powell The Scene Changes --Blue Note

Tina Brooks True Blue -- Blue Note

Sonny Rollins A Night at the VIllage Vanguard -- Blue Note

Teddy Edwards Good Gravy! -- Contemporary

Art Pepper Intensity -- Contemporary

Miles Davis Milestones -- Columbia

John Coltrane Africa/Brass -- Impulse

Kenny Dorham Quiet Kenny -- New Jazz

Baby Face Willette Face to Face -- Blue Note

Jimmy Smith Groovin at Smalls Paradise, vol 2 -- Blue Note

Horace Silver vol. 4 -- Blue Note

Wow that looks so nice. Now I really can't wait to get my Mac Preamp back from Craig. Except now I am going to get him to figure out how to fashion a new bottom out of plexiglass or Lexan so that it is easy to see all of the neat stuff inside.

Travis

I'll bet Thebe's can do that for ya.

Allan, how does it sound? never mind, just saw your post... BUT new question...what's tube rush??