My window at college. Educating the Freshmen by the masses.

Jay481985

Hey College Boy.........What's Up with pulling the pictures......If a Girl did that we'd call her a Tease.......Post those......you know what kind........Pictures..[;)]......I have to leave now Daddy Dee banished my to my room...........Sorry Dee....................not !!!!!!! All natural Jay, no blue pills.........Adirondack Air

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's pic taken in my dorm in college. You can see the LaScalas hanging around in the background. [:D] This is taken about 1980 or perhaps '81 I don't remember.

Hey Coytee, which dorm?

I was in Anderson my Freshman year 77 / 78 and Scott the 1st. half of Sophmore yr 78. Then Sig -Ep house the rest 78 - 81.

- Jim

Someone told me that I shouldn't post pics of my friends.... you never know there might be an axe murderer [;)]

The next time the forum buys work you over, I'll help them......Who was in your corner, Who had your back ????? Post pictures.......PUNK....Your not a King, your a Court Jester................[:D]...[8o|]

Here's pic taken in my dorm in college. You can see the LaScalas hanging around in the background. [:D] This is taken about 1980 or perhaps '81 I don't remember.

Hey Coytee, which dorm?

I was in Anderson my Freshman year 77 / 78 and Scott the 1st. half of Sophmore yr 78. Then Sig -Ep house the rest 78 - 81.

- Jim

Jim,

I was one year behind you and did the 5 year program [:$]

That would have been Clawson hall on Western campus. Having been from Hamilton, I went to the Hamilton campus the year prior and a couple of us (room mate) from that campus were in here sort of like overflow or red headed stepchildren that they didn't want to let loose in North Quad.

Perhaps it was discrimination since our stereo would have shredded most of those found in frat houses or fancier dorms [:D]

Piece of trivia... if you remember Dorsey Hall... (I admit I never looked into the history), that dorm was named after someone in my family line. My middle name is Dorsey (Grandmothers maiden name) and I always meant to get the story as to who the hall was named after and why. Never did though [:(]

Moved to Candlwood the next year as I recall. (I think that was name of place)

Most everyone dropped their jaws to the ground when they saw what I was carting into the dorm/apartment/other...

I played a number of parties at one frat house (don't remember which one) but it was the one where my freshman roommate ended up living. He was the social director or something and didn't hesitate on calling me to provide the tunes for their social gatherings. [:D] Rate was $20/hour plust setup/teardown time and I got to jam all night.

Hey Coytee, which dorm?

- Jim

Jim,

That would have been Clawson hall on Western campus. Having been from Hamilton, I went to the Hamilton campus the year prior and a couple of us (room mate) from that campus were in here sort of like overflow or red headed stepchildren that they didn't want to let loose in North Quad.

Perhaps it was discrimination since our stereo would have shredded most of those found in frat houses or fancier dorms [:D]

Piece of trivia... if you remember Dorsey Hall... (I admit I never looked into the history), that dorm was named after someone in my family line. My middle name is Dorsey (Grandmothers maiden name) and I always meant to get the story as to who the hall was named after and why. Never did though [:(]

Most everyone dropped their jaws to the ground when they saw what I was carting into the dorm/apartment/other...

I played a number of parties at one frat house (don't remember which one) but it was the one where my freshman roommate ended up living. He was the social director or something and didn't hesitate on calling me to provide the tunes for their social gatherings. [:D] Rate was $20/hour plust setup/teardown time and I got to jam all night.

Yes, I do remember Dorsey Hall (as well as Candlewood Apts.) but other than Fisher and the buildings named after Ohio Presidents I don't remember too much of the history of the buildings. Some more trivia, the original Sig-Ep house as well as the FIJI house were part of the underground railroad. There used to be several buildings in Oxford that were connected underground for the purpose of hiding and moving escaped slaves. The entrance to the tunnel still existed in our basement but the tunnel itself was filled in. Lots and lots of history and interesting stories at that school. I will be heading back in late October with my oldest son for a visit. He is a junior in high school and is considering Miami. I may be the only one on campus that could have given your system a run for the money. I had a pair of Altec Lansing Voice Of The Theater speakers (A7's I think) powered by a big Sansui 9090 DB receiver. In a little dorm room it was nuts. When I moved to the Sig-Ep house we managed to get the cops called regularly. We were on Church street and you could hear them INSIDE King Library when I cranked them up in our room. Lot's of fun and bad grades.

- Jim

Richard, what was that a Pioneer CTF-1000 running through a DBX BX3?

Yep, equipment list at the time and in the room was:

Yamaha CR-2040 (120 x 2)

dbx 3bx, Audio Control C-101 eq, dbx sub harmonic synth, Pioneer CTF 1000, Akai RTR, soon replaced with an Akai GX-747 and a dbx 224, Phase Linear PL5000 (or was it 8000?) linear tracking TT and ALSO a pair of Electro Voice Interface "D" speakers.

I've still got the EV's

The Pioneer CTF 1000 was given to a friend maybe 8 years ago

Yamaha, 3bx, sub harmonic synth & Audio Control were given to another friend maybe a year ago (and he lurks here reading all this stuff as he prepares to find a pair of LaScalas to take home in Atlanta)

Akai GX-747, dbx 224, Phase Linear TT, all albums went to a high school friend about 2 years ago and I personally drove them from Knoxville to his place in Cincinnati for delivery.

part of me is smiling that I gave (yes gave) some nice stuff away, another part of me is kicking myself (specifically on the Akai & now turntable/albums)

oh well... what are friends for

• Moderators

A dbx 3bx... I still have my original from '78, but don't use it anymore. Nice gear!

Mike

Mike,

Sell me your 3bx if you are not using it. Which Version 3bx is it?

Travis

Hey Coytee, which dorm?

- Jim

Jim,

Coytee - What college are you and flannj talking about??

Tom

Hey Coytee, which dorm?

- Jim

Jim,

Coytee - What college are you and flannj talking about??

Tom

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Miami University

Oxford, Ohio

Cradle of Coaches<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mother of Fraternities

Established: 1809; named for the Miami Indian Tribe that inhabited the area now known as the Miami Valley Region of Ohio

(Known by some as Miami of Ohio)

Someone told me that I shouldn't post pics of my friends.... you never know there might be an axe murderer [;)]

That ...

is a serious F/U attitude,

Jay ......

whadda kid's think about today .....??

10,000 people on an Audiophile Forum ...

are gonna Stalk them ...??

Serious Looser 'tude

Hmmm... stalk

post-17373-13819310872666_thumb.jpg

I spent a week there in the early '70s, playing on the National Coffeehouse circuit. Went to a bakery uptown/downtown in the middle of the night and bought some hash. "Uh, I'd like two chocolate chip cookies and one gram or hashish please." What a place. We stayed in a cottage in a state park somewhere close.

It was a great week. Couldn't play worth a cr@p we were so stoned.

I spent a week there in the early '70s, playing on the National Coffeehouse circuit. Went to a bakery uptown/downtown in the middle of the night and bought some hash. "Uh, I'd like two chocolate chip cookies and one gram or hashish please." What a place. We stayed in a cottage in a state park somewhere close.

It was a great week. Couldn't play worth a cr@p we were so stoned.

Houston Woods State Park - Just across the border in Indiana.

Hash?

Corned Beef... Good mixed with potatoes and an egg on top.